Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf {US-CA} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Hilton San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
2620 Jones Street, San Francisco, California, United States 94133
Tel: 1-415-885-4700 Fax: 1-415-771-8945

AAA Hotel Diamond Rating: <><><> - Hilton HHonors Reward Category: 7

Taxes are a hefty 15.50 %. Property is fully non-smoking.

The hotel is at the corner of Bay and Jones Streets, three blocks from Jefferson St. and Fisherman's Wharf, the Cable Car terminals at Hyde Street at Jefferson and Bay at Taylor; the antique streetcars / trams can be caught two blocks away at Jones at Beach, and buses are also available. Fisherman's Wharf, the Maritime Museum, Wax Museum, Blue and Gold fleet ferries and bay cruise boats, Pier 39 and aquarium, WW II submarine USS Pampanito, Ghirardelli Square, The Cannery and the bustling and even more touristy Pier 39 are all within short walking distance, as is a plethora of restaurants ranging from Scoma's, Alioto's, Fisherman's Grotto No. 9, Castagnola's or Tarantino's (all traditional Fisherman's Wharf seafood places,) as well as McCormick and Kuleto's, Butterfly (Californian-Asian,) Bistro Boudin (all things sourdough and pizza,) Lou's Pier 47 (restaurant, bar and blues,) and many more by walking slightly more (Mama's, etc.)

Location is what this hotel is all about - you come here because it is close to the Wharf area and transportation to Marin, Angel Island, San Quentin, tons of restaurants and entertainment, etc. The hotel is usually running at high occupancy, and discounted rates are rare. Don't expect any views. Link to Google maps location.

Parking: The garage entry is on Bay St., self parking is $40 / valet $50 a night; in and out privileges with coded parking keycard.

Dining: Vintner's restaurant, open 6:30 - 11:00 for breakfast, and 11:00 - 11:00PM (7 days a week) for lunch and dinner; Gold and Diamond members get chits for buffet breakfast, including eggs coked to order (and two bottles of water in the room).

Rooms x44 and x45 are across from the elevator / lift banks, and x46 next to venting machines. 285 rooms, serviced by two lifts - and lots of tour groups moving on scheduled hours. Older construction means the third and highest floor is a better bet for sound sleeping.

This property is undergoing extensive renovations during October 2013. The front desk is operating from trestle tables in a small conference room, the "restaurant" is in a larger conference room; due to tour groups, there may be periods without seating. The construction may cause significant disruptions to guests.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2000, 9:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32

Joe and I stayed at the newly (or maybe only partially) renovated Hilton at Fisherman's Wharf last week. It was a mess. No where even near done and I was going to write a really nasty report about this facility. But........the staff were just lovely people and everyone bent over backwards to be friendly and accomodating, so we decided to hold our opinion until it is really done.

We walked down to Scoma's for a very late dinner. The Halibut was even better than Joe's!!! Hard to believe, but true.

Sadly, we didn't show up in the city until almost closing time and missed hooking up with dgolds and johna. Sadfaced us.

We need another FT party in SFO!

[This message has been edited by Punki (edited 05-10-2000).]
Old May 11, 2000, 11:03 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA1K MM, HHonors Diamond + many more
Well I think some enterprising young FT'er should take the reins and set it up! I nominate dgolds for the job as he does a great job setting them up. I think I'll e-mail him and suggest a July / August Saturday dinner with maybe something else thrown in. Or better yet how about a dinner cruise with just FT'ers. Hmmmm time to e-mail him. It has been far to long without a get together.

Cheers Scott
Old Jan 21, 2001, 11:43 am

Hilton San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf

Anyone stayed in this hotel recently?
The Hotel was being renovated when I was there last spring. Instead I stayed at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf.
I am planning to stay for five nights next week. Any feedback from FTs will be appreciated.

Andrew

[This message has been edited by AndrewM (edited 01-21-2001).]
Old Jan 22, 2001, 11:53 am
Original Member

See recent postings
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000997.html

Tim
Old Jan 22, 2001, 11:59 am

Before the renovation, this hotel used to be Ramada.
Old Jan 27, 2001, 8:40 pm

Hilton @ Fisherman Wharf in SF

I just finished a one night stay there,
and boy was I disappointed. Its really
frustrating when a property carries the
Hilton name, but in reality is more like
a garden inn. Hilton really needs to clean
house with these properties... but I
digress, I just wanted people to know this
property is no better than a Holiday Inn
or Ramada (which is what it was prev.).
Better off staying at the downtown property.
Old Jun 21, 2001, 8:23 pm

Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

Any reviews for this property? I understand it was renovated in 2000. How close is it to the wharf?
Old Jun 21, 2001, 8:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I am going from memory here and my memory isn't always perfect about hotels. As I recall it is about three blocks from the water and it is ok. I believe the clerks were a little clueless about upgrading platinums, but were cooperative when we instructed them (gently and lovingly, of course).
Old Jun 21, 2001, 9:15 pm

Programs: Many
I believe this hotel is closer to an HGI in quality than an actual Hilton.
Old Jun 22, 2001, 9:26 am
Original Member

I just stayed there and it is ok. Nothing special. It is very basic. There is a 24 Hour Fitness right next to it if you wanna use it. Nothing really bad to say. It is nothing special, just a basic Hilton Garden.
Old Jun 22, 2001, 2:48 pm

It used to be a Ramada. I spent a night there a few weeks ago. Stay at the SF Hilton & Towers, unless you really need to be near the Wharf.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 10:49 pm

Court Marriott or Hilton or Hotwire

I have 3 choices for 4 nights stay in San Francisco

1. free stay at the Courtyard Marriott
Fisherman's Wharf for 70,000 points

2. Hilton Fisherman's Wharf for 140,000
points hopefully with an upgrade as a
Gold VIP.

3. Hotwire price of $75/night for an upscale
hotel at Fisherman's Wharf.

which one is the best use of points or should
I just go with Hotwire and save the points for better use at a later time? Thanks.

Old Jul 20, 2001, 2:12 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
The points don't sound like great deals to me, but of course it depends on how you value points and what else you will do with them. For one thing, you can redeem a GLONP for 150,000 points and get 6 nights not 4 at a Premium hotel worldwide. That alone makes the 140,000 points sound expensive for 4 nights.

My rule of thumb is 1 cent for Marriott points and 0.6 cents for Hhonors points. (If you apply my Hhonors rate to the GLONP it comes out to $150 per night for 6 nights, or $100 per night for the GLON or ALON, which is perhaps lower than a cash rate including taxes, but they are not as easy to book as rooms for cash.)

By my values, you are looking at $175/night for the Courtyard and $210/night for the Hilton.

I have no experience with Hotwire, but it's sounding pretty good in this territory. You might also check HRN as a baseline. It's better to get a rate direct with the hotel rather than HRN because you are sure to earn points and stay credit, but it is a convenient way to judge the market. Here is one portal: http://www.180096hotel.com/

Charles
Old Jul 30, 2002, 12:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Trip Report - Hilton SF Fisherman's Wharf

I just returned from two nights at this property with my wife, daughter and her best friend (both twelve). We wanted a hotel close to (walking distance) to Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 and the boats to Alcatraz, the cable cars and the other "touristy" things to do with kids on vacation in San Francisco. This is NOT a good location for downtown destinations (Museums, Golden Gate Park, etc. unless you are willing to cab it or use a car service.) Most cabs were a minimum of $8-$10 for short distances. A Car Service from the hotel to Golden Gate Park is approximately $25 each way. The hotel charges $20 per night for parking. We flew into Oakland, took Air Bart, then Bart to San Francisco, and then a cab to the hotel. We used the hotel’s car service back to Bart and took Bart and Air Bart back to the airport (45 min. total travel time).

The hotel is very clean, bright, and PERFECTLY located if this is the part of San Francisco you want to see and be near. The staff is one of the happiest and friendliest of all of the Hilton properties I have ever stayed at.

I actually booked our rooms through Hotelreservations.com because they gave me the best rate (and even though I lost Hilton Points for the stay I did receive a stay credit and received points through my Hilton credit card for the purchase).

We were warmly greeted and given breakfast vouchers without having to ask- for all four of us. (I am Gold.) The vouchers are good in the restaurant for "Continental" breakfast and we could "upgrade" to full American for $5.00 per adult and $2.50 per child.

Our room, while nothing "special" was very large, faced the interior courtyard - so it was much quieter than a street facing room) and had been recently renovated so the bathroom was all new with granite countertops, new plumbing fixtures, great water pressure and showerhead (tub drained quickly!) and all the amenities one expects from Hilton (including in room Coffee and Tea.) The furnishings were as one expects at a Hilton including a great reading chair with enough light to actually read. The TV was actually large enough to watch leaning against the headboard! (I hate it when you open a large cabinet door and find a 19" TV!) The windows were operable to allow fresh air to come in. There was an extra blanket in the closet. Pillows were the kind that didn't fight back. Our girl’s room was as large but had two double beds.

There was a decent fitness room (open 24hrs) which supplied towels so you don't have to bring them from your room.

The best thing this property has going for it is a great staff, hence the enthusiasm of my posting. Everyone from the doorman to the dining room staff (who enthusiastically welcomed our breakfast vouchers and gave terrific service) to the housekeepers (who stopped, made eye contact and said "good morning" when you saw them in the hall) to the front desk staff who were full of great information and willing to share were happy, smiling people and very friendly and outgoing.

The hotel also has a "relationship" with a sedan service that was also efficient, friendly, and when divided by four people a better value than a cab because of the efficiency. (I think several of the cab drivers took us on a more round about route than was necessary a few times.)

This is not a "resort" type property and not a "luxury" hotel. But it is well located, clean and newly renovated, walking distance to everything you would want to do in two days with a family and kids, had a great breakfast, and an even better staff.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 9:01 pm

Hilton FW or Hyatt FW?

I will be going to San Francisco for a lon weekend and plan to stay near Fisherman's Wharf and was wondering which property was nicer the Hilton or Hyatt? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.