Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf {US-CA} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Hilton San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
2620 Jones Street, San Francisco, California, United States 94133
Tel: 1-415-885-4700 Fax: 1-415-771-8945

AAA Hotel Diamond Rating: <><><> - Hilton HHonors Reward Category: 7

Taxes are a hefty 15.50 %. Property is fully non-smoking.

The hotel is at the corner of Bay and Jones Streets, three blocks from Jefferson St. and Fisherman's Wharf, the Cable Car terminals at Hyde Street at Jefferson and Bay at Taylor; the antique streetcars / trams can be caught two blocks away at Jones at Beach, and buses are also available. Fisherman's Wharf, the Maritime Museum, Wax Museum, Blue and Gold fleet ferries and bay cruise boats, Pier 39 and aquarium, WW II submarine USS Pampanito, Ghirardelli Square, The Cannery and the bustling and even more touristy Pier 39 are all within short walking distance, as is a plethora of restaurants ranging from Scoma's, Alioto's, Fisherman's Grotto No. 9, Castagnola's or Tarantino's (all traditional Fisherman's Wharf seafood places,) as well as McCormick and Kuleto's, Butterfly (Californian-Asian,) Bistro Boudin (all things sourdough and pizza,) Lou's Pier 47 (restaurant, bar and blues,) and many more by walking slightly more (Mama's, etc.)

Location is what this hotel is all about - you come here because it is close to the Wharf area and transportation to Marin, Angel Island, San Quentin, tons of restaurants and entertainment, etc. The hotel is usually running at high occupancy, and discounted rates are rare. Don't expect any views. Link to Google maps location.

Parking: The garage entry is on Bay St., self parking is $40 / valet $50 a night; in and out privileges with coded parking keycard.

Dining: Vintner's restaurant, open 6:30 - 11:00 for breakfast, and 11:00 - 11:00PM (7 days a week) for lunch and dinner; Gold and Diamond members get chits for buffet breakfast, including eggs coked to order (and two bottles of water in the room).

Rooms x44 and x45 are across from the elevator / lift banks, and x46 next to venting machines. 285 rooms, serviced by two lifts - and lots of tour groups moving on scheduled hours. Older construction means the third and highest floor is a better bet for sound sleeping.

This property is undergoing extensive renovations during October 2013. The front desk is operating from trestle tables in a small conference room, the "restaurant" is in a larger conference room; due to tour groups, there may be periods without seating. The construction may cause significant disruptions to guests.
Print Wikipost

Hilton San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf {US-CA} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005, 5:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Business, that's a good reason! The hotel has so many overnighters and weekenders, you will most likely be a rarity and be personalized after a couple of days. (7 days is also a good reason to be sure you get wa decent room.)
Old Jan 10, 2005, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by JDiver
Parking at a fee is nearby, a block or two iirc - do NOT park overnight in the street if you see an available and legal parking space - the natives are distinctly unfriendly, and I have had my tires slashed there (we were showing some Aussie friends 'round the West.)
I've never had a problem parking on the street in that area. I'll be doing it again this weekend, so please feel free to leave me a free space on the street
Old Jan 10, 2005, 5:50 pm

Well, YMMV. We flew my friends into Monterey, toured the area and stayed at Fishermans Wharf Hilton after, for a look at the City - on departure, my fiends were so impressed to see the local folks (we were parked across the street, legal parking,) give us such a joyous welcome and for the opportunity to become involved in a tire changing exercise. The tire was totalled, definitely a slashing, several shank holes from a screwdriver. I hope they have decided that's poor PR for the City and it's people... G'luck.

Originally Posted by xyzzy
I've never had a problem parking on the street in that area. I'll be doing it again this weekend, so please feel free to leave me a free space on the street

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 10, 2005 at 5:52 pm
Old Feb 6, 2005, 2:05 am

Programs: LH SEN
Gold treatment at San Francsico F.W.

Hi,

I am planning a couple of nights in San Francisco in March and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the treatment of HH Gold members is like at the Hilton Fishermans Wharf? What can I expect?

Thx.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

As a gold you may be upgraded to the Executive rooms ( slightly larger than the standard rooms) on the top floor of the hotel and coupons for breakfast ( last time I was there the HHonors breakfast was in a separate area just across the hallway from the main breakfast restaurant)

No swimming pool and no executive lounge ( unlike the Hilton San Francisco off Union Square on O'Farrel)

It is handy for all the Wharf activities.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 6, 2005, 5:10 pm

THe "Hilton" Fisherman's Wharf was something more mundane like a Holiday Inn in its previous life; nothing special. The somewhat basic breakfast is still served in a small room adjacent to the lobby, as TBS indicates. Few amenitii. Great location for the wharf area, and you can get away for it by using San Francisco's historic trolleys, the cable car (when it isn't crowded) or the bus - and S F is a fine walking city, if you don't mind "some hills."

You can possibly find free parking in the street - though when I did, some neighbor with a highly honed sense of entitlement stuck a screwdriver into my tire several times.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 7:43 pm

Nothing special. The "executive room" you may get upgraded to has no special view, breakfast is simple roll or cereall, but location as noted is good for the wharf.

If you have a choice in SF, stay at the downtown Hilton (chance for an upgrade with a view!)
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:40 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by JDiver
THe "Hilton" Fisherman's Wharf was something more mundane like a Holiday Inn in its previous life; nothing special. The somewhat basic breakfast is still served in a small room adjacent to the lobby, as TBS indicates. Few amenitii.
This property used to be a Ramada. It has been upgraded from that, but isn't really up to Hilton's standards IMO. I stayed there for four days over Christmas holiday last year (2003) and will not return. The "lounge" (really breakfast) area is as described, lacks privacy. And if you want to take breakfast back to your room, as I do, it's a little more problematic.

If I stay in the Wharf area, I prefer the Sheraton or the Marriott. Although since, I'm no longer MR Gold, I haven't been to the Marriott for awhile. I agree with the preference for the Hilton off Union Square. Outstanding executive lounge, unless there is a large group that has been granted lounge access (and they seem to do that often) -- in that case it can get crowded and with a lot of people that are not accustommed to such lounge privileges.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum/Aadvantage Club
San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hilton 10,000 bonus

I am already going to be in SF the weekend of April 1-3 and noticed the Fisherman's Wharf Hilton has a special to earn a bonus 10,000 available at that time.

I do not need a hotel but am seriously considering it for one night for the special. I know it is near a lot of sight seeing, restaurants, etc.

How is this hotel? I believe it is a 3 star.
Is it worth the deal for a night?

I am currently a Hilton Silver but am considering the 4 stay in 90 days for the bump to Gold...this would start me off.

Thanks for any info!
Old Mar 27, 2005, 5:28 pm

I was there last Labor Day. Nothing really special except that it is close to many tourists venues. No view of anything. Service was nice.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 6:26 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
Well, my two cents worth would be to separate the question of trying to achieve gold status from that of the 10,000 bonus points. With respect to the latter, the 10K is NOT worth what I'm seeing as a $70 premium in the room rate for the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf vs. the Hilton San Francisco at 333 O'Farrell Street next weekend.

If you want the 10K and you don't have an immediate use for the points, make two $25 contributions to a couple of the Walk for Hope Breast Cancer events:

http://www.cityofhope.org/walkforhop...ive/hilton.htm

It's a far more cost effective way to get the points; you'll be doing something good and you can save more than $20 ($70 savings on the room rate, plus corresponding room taxes vs. donating $50 total). You'll also end up with more total points and the same credit toward status.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum/Aadvantage Club
Good idea

thanks for the reality check...I'll worry about the Gold status when I actually need a hotel room...

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2005, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The hotel is okay, but nothing special. On my last stay the checkin clerk was overly officious. It's definitely not as nice as the O'Farrel St. one, and unless you're really into Fisherman's Wharf this is not a great location. Personally, I can't STAND Fisherman's Wharf. It's a total tourist trap. Blech!
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
But its the closest HH property to Fiddlers Green and another great Irish pub or two.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Room 325
Rate $119
Date 25th March

I arrived about 230pm and was put in room 325 ( top floor).
This room had a doorbell ( for handicapped people) larger than normal with a large bedroom and large bathroom with a sitting chair in the bath.
Water pressure was a little low but ok.
The room faced towards the city so I had a good view of Coit Tower.
The room also had a safe and a very fluffy bathrobe and two bottles of water.
The TV had a good selelction of channels.
Vinters bar had free hor's douevers on Fri/Sat night and had a couple of drinks.
The fitness room is on the first floor and is reasonably equipped although it was such a beautiful day I jogged along the Bay towards the Goden Gate Bridge.
Continental brerakfast for Gold/Diamond members ( you get a coupon) is served in the vinters bar across from the restaurant
cereal,breads/pastries,yoghurt, juice and coffee).

Room was well maintained and although you could hear the traffic slightly once you had the a/c on it drowned out the noise.
There is a vending machine across from the restaurant for sundires/snacks and gifts.
Check out time was noon but given a 1pm check out for no charge (1-3pm is $25).
On the day of check out I got a bar of Ghiradeli chocolate underneath my door.

Overall an ok hotel, close to the bay and Fisherman's wharf but I prefer the O'Farrell Hilton where I stayed on the 26th March ( I was in Tower 1 unaffected by the power cut but they moved people out of tower 2 and the chandeliers in the lobby were out).- apparently 25k people were without power for 5 hours due to a fire at the substation on 8th&Mission according to TV news reports.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.