Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Stuffed Toys from Conrad Hotels...which ones do you have?

Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: milesforhire
Stuffed Toys Reported from Individual Conrad Hotels

=AFRICA

Cairo, Egypt - none (even upon request)

=ASIA AND PACIFIC

Bali, Indonesia - Monkey and turtle
Bangkok, Thailand - Elephant
Beijing, China - Panda Bear
Bengaluru, India - Elephant
Bora Bora -
Dalian, China - Bear
Guangzhou, China - Bear (upon request)
Hong Kong - Bear and duck
Koh Samui, Thailand - Turtle
Macao - Bear and duck
Maldives - Various sea animals
Manila, Philippines - Carabao
Osaka, Japan - Bear and duck
Pune, India - Tiger
Sanya, China - Dolphin
Seoul, South Korea - Bear only available for purchase.
Singapore - Bear and Duck in room.
Tokyo, Japan - Rubber Duck and Bear - set of 2 bears available for purchase at lobby gift shop.
Xiamen, China - Bear
Wellington, New Zealand -Plastic Duck (Double Tree)

=EUROPE

Algarve, Portugal - Hoodie-wearing bear
Dublin, Ireland - "Lemmy" the (small) lamb. Upon request.
Istanbul, Turkey - Large Bear (upon request)
London, UK - English Bulldog, "Monty" (upon request, no charge for Diamond as of Aug 2018 nor Gold as of May 2019)

=MIDDLE EAST

Abu Dhabi- Bear
Dubai, UAE - Camel (80AED charge)
Makkah, Saudi Arabia -

=AMERICAS

Cartagena, Colombia - Crab
Chicago - Bear
Fort Lauderdale - Grey Dolphin w/ lifesaver around neck
Indianapolis - ?
Las Vegas Resorts World - Red RW Rubber Duck, Red RW Bear
Nashville - Brown bear with t-shirt (upon request)
New York - Bull (upon request)
San Luis Potosi, Mexico - White bear with blue hoodie (upon request)
DC - Bear
Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Jaguar

Print Wikipost

Stuffed Toys from Conrad Hotels...which ones do you have?

Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Conrad soft toys

Originally Posted by AspirationalFF
I only recently learned of the Conrad bears and shortly after found this thread. Stayed at Conrad Macao for CNY last week. Thanks to you fine folks in this thread, I knew to nicely enquire about the bear and was told a special CNY version would be given. Long story short, it took until around midnight day two, at which point both of these guys were delivered:

I received the CNY rubber ducky as well. Red with a golden beak, and its wings in the pattern of the CNY bear above. A friend staying in another room received the regular one with the dice inside - and no bears.

Obviously, I now will aim to stay at Conrad whenever I can. Darn marketing gimmicks.
I am looking forward to seeing your collection of toys over the next year.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I stayed at Conrad Hong Kong this week, but no special CNY plush. I got two bears and a normal duck.

And a cool octagon box filled with red Chinese New Year envelopes!
Happy to sell them to anyone missing these in their collection.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Conrad HK

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I stayed at Conrad Hong Kong this week, but no special CNY plush. I got two bears and a normal duck.

And a cool octagon box filled with red Chinese New Year envelopes!
Happy to sell them to anyone missing these in their collection.
Did you
1 receive one a night
2 need to ask
a: pre or at checkin?
b: after checking?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Beano
Did you
1 receive one a night
2 need to ask
a: pre or at checkin?
b: after checking?
I was also there last weekend for CNY.
one per stay, but if you ask nicely in the lounge, they will deliver more. I got 4 for one night!!!
no need to ask for the standard two. They’ll will be waiting on your bed.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Originally Posted by AspirationalFF
Darn marketing gimmicks.
This!

Stayed in Hong Kong and was introduced to this crazy world. The bear was a big hit with my three year old daughter. Last week was in New York and asked for the bull (success!). Another big hit.

Now my accommodation is out of my control. If I go away, I am expected to get a new Conrad toy! Staying in Bangalore next week and urgently trying to see if I can switch my booking to the recently opened Conrad there (but cannot find evidence of a toy being offered yet... it only opened in January).

Singapore next month. And Manila the month after. I fear I am developing an addiction.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gcampbell

This!

Stayed in Hong Kong and was introduced to this crazy world. The bear was a big hit with my three year old daughter. Last week was in New York and asked for the bull (success!). Another big hit.

Now my accommodation is out of my control. If I go away, I am expected to get a new Conrad toy! Staying in Bangalore next week and urgently trying to see if I can switch my booking to the recently opened Conrad there (but cannot find evidence of a toy being offered yet... it only opened in January).

Singapore next month. And Manila the month after. I fear I am developing an addiction.
My girlfriend tried to let a 2 year-old visiting for the day play with one of my Conrads. She received a stern warning that these are not for children!

But, indeed irrational behaviour does result sometimes from aiming for more of them, no matter who they're for...

Last edited by craigthemif; Feb 27, 2018 at 7:39 am
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Following this conversation, I'm definitely thinking that there is huge marketing opportunity here that Hilton isn't capitalizing on... I'd guess they could drive a lot more stays if more people (especially collector-types) knew that the Conrads provide signature stuffed toys, and if they actually did provide such toys consistently.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver

Conrad Bejing panda bears

I agree one gets sort of addicted collecting these bears. I stayed in Conrad Beijing last Tuesday. I initially booked the Hilton Beijing Airport since my flight the following morning was at 8:25 but then thought I might not be able to be back to Beijing soon so booked the Conrad. I got 2 panda bears and the big one I bought from the basement shop for 125 SEK. It was the last one as per the staff so he gave me the one on display. I'll try to post my own collection when I get back home from my trip.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM,, HHonors Diamond,
Originally Posted by bruno-s
Anyone stayed recently at Contad Chicago that can confirm if they have any stuffed animal?

i have an upcoming trip and considering staying there or at least to stay 1 night to get it for my collection, if they have it of course. Otherwise prefer to stay at different hotel for this trip.
yes they do, it’s a small bear, you need to ask for it though. May also be limited to those travelling with children.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
I have a preference for "local" animals (like the Carabao in the Philippines) rather than the bears. I hope that when the London NYC reflags as the Conrad NY Midtown, they pick something like the lions from the NY Library or even a grey squirrel from Central Park.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by bruno-s
Anyone stayed recently at Contad Chicago that can confirm if they have any stuffed animal?

i have an upcoming trip and considering staying there or at least to stay 1 night to get it for my collection, if they have it of course. Otherwise prefer to stay at different hotel for this trip.
They do indeed.

Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: A3*G, ex SK*G
Originally Posted by gcampbell

Now my accommodation is out of my control. [...]

I fear I am developing an addiction.
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler

[...] but then thought I might not be able to be back to Beijing soon so booked the Conrad.
Originally Posted by craigthemif

But, indeed irrational behaviour does result sometimes from aiming for more of them, no matter who they're for...
The addiction is real

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Following this conversation, I'm definitely thinking that there is huge marketing opportunity here that Hilton isn't capitalizing on... I'd guess they could drive a lot more stays if more people (especially collector-types) knew that the Conrads provide signature stuffed toys, and if they actually did provide such toys consistently.
I agree entirely - and on that note and slightly OT for a moment: are there other hotel chains (or airlines) that do similar things? For example, Lufthansa First have the rubber ducks (with whom I shall likely never be personally acquainted) and SQ have bears available in J (and surely F). Anything else like that? Perhaps a rabbit hole one should not go down...
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:03 pm

My collection so far

My collection is slowly getting bigger, thanks to you guys for all the tips. I've included the bear from Hilton Guangzhou and the cricket from Hilton Prague
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:14 pm

@Doctorslices is the bear something they give you or from the gift shop? the bear looks big!

@thefilipinotraveler where's the baby blue plush from (is it a moose?) and the nemo?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
@Doctorslices is the bear something they give you or from the gift shop? the bear looks big!

@thefilipinotraveler where's the baby blue plush from (is it a moose?) and the nemo?
It's Carey the Carabao from Conrad Manila. The carabao is our national animal The nemo is also from Conrad Manila but I guess they don't give them anymore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.