Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Stuffed Toys from Conrad Hotels...which ones do you have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: milesforhire
Stuffed Toys Reported from Individual Conrad Hotels

=AFRICA

Cairo, Egypt - none (even upon request)

=ASIA AND PACIFIC

Bali, Indonesia - Monkey and turtle
Bangkok, Thailand - Elephant
Beijing, China - Panda Bear
Bengaluru, India - Elephant
Bora Bora -
Dalian, China - Bear
Guangzhou, China - Bear (upon request)
Hong Kong - Bear and duck
Koh Samui, Thailand - Turtle
Macao - Bear and duck
Maldives - Various sea animals
Manila, Philippines - Carabao
Osaka, Japan - Bear and duck
Pune, India - Tiger
Sanya, China - Dolphin
Seoul, South Korea - Bear only available for purchase.
Singapore - Bear and Duck in room.
Tokyo, Japan - Rubber Duck and Bear - set of 2 bears available for purchase at lobby gift shop.
Xiamen, China - Bear
Wellington, New Zealand -Plastic Duck (Double Tree)

=EUROPE

Algarve, Portugal - Hoodie-wearing bear
Dublin, Ireland - "Lemmy" the (small) lamb. Upon request.
Istanbul, Turkey - Large Bear (upon request)
London, UK - English Bulldog, "Monty" (upon request, no charge for Diamond as of Aug 2018 nor Gold as of May 2019)

=MIDDLE EAST

Abu Dhabi- Bear
Dubai, UAE - Camel (80AED charge)
Makkah, Saudi Arabia -

=AMERICAS

Cartagena, Colombia - Crab
Chicago - Bear
Fort Lauderdale - Grey Dolphin w/ lifesaver around neck
Indianapolis - ?
Las Vegas Resorts World - Red RW Rubber Duck, Red RW Bear
Nashville - Brown bear with t-shirt (upon request)
New York - Bull (upon request)
San Luis Potosi, Mexico - White bear with blue hoodie (upon request)
DC - Bear
Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Jaguar

Print Wikipost

Stuffed Toys from Conrad Hotels...which ones do you have?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:27 pm

Conrad Punta de Mita
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by garney89
Exactly the same...when we check in if there isnt a "stuffed toy" in our room that's usually an indication (for me anyway) of how the stay is going to go. We even plan some of our trips specifically around Conrad locations to get them
If a stuffed animal is an indicator of how a stay is going to progress then maybe Conrad should change it's business model and become Toys R Us.

Aside all that, I think from an ecologic perspective Hilton should really think about it is worth it to have hundreds of thousands of stuffed animals produced (in China?) and abandon them in line with their other efforts such as reducing amenity waste. I like my Conrad Tokyo / Seoul bears but thinking about the scale of these items it makes me shiver.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
If a stuffed animal is an indicator of how a stay is going to progress then maybe Conrad should change it's business model and become Toys R Us.

Aside all that, I think from an ecologic perspective Hilton should really think about it is worth it to have hundreds of thousands of stuffed animals produced (in China?) and abandon them in line with their other efforts such as reducing amenity waste. I like my Conrad Tokyo / Seoul bears but thinking about the scale of these items it makes me shiver.
You can always decline one of their stuffed animals. Personally, I'm keeping a silk elephant I just received from the Conrad Bangkok - an addition to my herd.
Traveler Dave and garney89 like this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

If you leave your bear behind, it doesn't go in the trash. So the choice is entirely yours...

On the list of things damaging to the planet, stuffed animals are at the very bottom of the list, behind almost everything else you do to travel to and stay at the hotel in question.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:26 am

Conrad Punta de Mita
You got the Punta Mita for free or bought it?

Had to buy it for 34$...

Alex
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:30 am

One more information: Conrad San Luis Potosi is now Hilton Tower SLP.
And Conrad in Columbia closed forever...
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by GaJaDreams
You got the Punta Mita for free or bought it?

Had to buy it for 34$...

Alex
No, I got it for free. You had to pay $34? I'm shocked. As HH Diamond I've never had to pay for one. Kind of surprising. Where did you buy it, the gift shop near the lobby? Mine was in my room.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by GaJaDreams
One more information: Conrad San Luis Potosi is now Hilton Tower SLP.
And Conrad in Columbia closed forever...
I wanted to get one of those Conrad SLP bears....might be too late now.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:02 pm

It definitely is. Just been there. Booked it as Conrad and visited as Hilton. Asked for the bear - they were super nice, but had none anylonger. :-(
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:04 pm

No, I got it for free. You had to pay $34? I'm shocked. As HH Diamond I've never had to pay for one. Kind of surprising. Where did you buy it, the gift shop near the lobby? Mine was in my room.
It wasn't in our room. I asked for it and the front desk sent me to the gift shop next to the lobby.

With 140 nights in 2020, I am also Diamond. ;-) Probably they found out, that they can make more money by selling it...
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:33 pm

I don't believe Conrad SLP ever had any bears. Mine were custom-made and personalized with my name.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola
I don't believe Conrad SLP ever had any bears. Mine were custom-made and personalized with my name.
There were some pictures in here - and 4 days ago, they seemed to know what I was talking about and really tried to find the last ones, but they were all gone already unfortunately.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond, Hertz Five Star
I tried to search earlier, but couldn’t find one
Any word on Indy or New York? I should be hitting them both in the fall and am hoping to bring these cute mementos to my goddaughter (she’s just now getting old enough at 4 that she likes to “show off” to her friends about the “cool places” she has toys from)
Old Mar 28, 2021, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by DCAJen
I tried to search earlier, but couldn’t find one
Any word on Indy or New York? I should be hitting them both in the fall and am hoping to bring these cute mementos to my goddaughter (she’s just now getting old enough at 4 that she likes to “show off” to her friends about the “cool places” she has toys from)
Are you staying at Conrad NY Downtown or Conrad NY Midtown? Conrad Downtown still has "Hudson the Bull". I requested through the pre stay email I received from guest services .

I'm curious if Conrad Midtown has anything now.
DCAJen likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond, Hertz Five Star
Are you staying at Conrad NY Downtown or Conrad NY Midtown? Conrad Downtown still has "Hudson the Bull". I requested through the pre stay email I received from guest services .

I'm curious if Conrad Midtown has anything now.
Midtown...was what I was asking about (sorry didn’t realize there were two)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.