FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Vancouver Airport {CAN} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/623747-hilton-vancouver-airport-can.html)

Rudi Jun 25, 1999 3:18 am

Hilton Vancouver Airport {CAN}

(USToday, june-25-99)
http://Hilton Vancouver (British Col...ntion code H1.

Andrew Yiu Sep 22, 1999 10:45 pm

Hilton YVR

Any comments on this new Vancouver Airport Hilton?

Rudi Sep 23, 1999 12:38 am

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 09-23-1999).]

doc Sep 23, 1999 9:28 am

Too new for me, but I guess it is better than the Quality Inn Airport!

MileKing Sep 23, 1999 4:52 pm

Hilton Vancouver Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

I stayed there for two nights back in July. A/C in first room I was in was broken so they moved me to another. This minor inconvenience aside, it is a very nice hotel and a small step above the Marriott Suites next door. Would certainly stay there again.

One problem is that the shuttle bus from YVR (which also serves the Marriott and the Best Western) runs like only every 1/2 hour so if you miss it you can have a long wait at the airport. Not sure what time it picks up. I got tired of waiting and took a cab for which I was reimbursed after complaining.

Andrew Yiu Sep 23, 1999 9:49 pm

I will be staying there this weekend...I'll post afterward about my experience.

Regards,
Empress

Andrew Yiu Sep 27, 1999 1:33 pm

YVR Hilton

Just returning from a 2 day stay at the Hilton Vancouver Airport. The rooms are very nice and clean. I even got the room at a rate of 109 per night which they called bounce back rate. For some reason, they didn't charge me any taxes. The size of the room is quite nice. They gave me a room on the top floor. Almost every room in the hotel has a balcony. Nice view and if you want to get a perfect view of the airport, ask for rooms facing the North side which will enable you to watch aircraft landing and takeoffs.

Regards,
Empress

Gold Bumm Jan 7, 2002 10:51 pm

Hi Speed Internet @ Hilton YVR Airport?

I will be staying in YVR for several days this month and will need internet access from teh rooms for business. I heard there was some temporary outages and wanted to make sure this property has operatioinal hi speed acess in the rooms.

any recent news on this property?

thank you

sxchan Aug 5, 2002 4:39 pm

Hilton Vs. 4 Pts Sheraton Vancouver Airport

I got a rate of C$99 at Hilton or C$95 at 4 Pts SHeraton at YVR Airport. Any suggestion on these two properties? Which one is better?

Shareholder Aug 5, 2002 7:48 pm

You can do a search on this and the Starwood fora for specific reviews. Having stayed at both, it is a toss up and really depends whether you prefer a high rise versus a six story property; want a suite [Hilton] or not [4Pts if you are a Plat]; want a free breakfast [Hilton as a Gold or Diamond]...

The Hilton is a short walk to several shopping malls and restaurants, while the 4 Pts is just across the street from a large mall and a couple of restaurants.

tbear Aug 6, 2002 10:32 am

Don't know about the Hilton, but I just stayed twice at the 4pts in July. I like to keep the windows open instead of using the a/c. If you're a light sleeper, it can be quite noisy with the windows open when the airplanes land and takeoff from YVR airport if you get the odd numbered rooms facing north toward Vancouver. The airplane noise is more muffled in the even numbered rooms facing the Lansdowne Shopping Centre, but then you get more traffic noise from Alderbridge Way just outside the windows. If you keep the windows closed at all times, there shouldn't be any noise problems from the traffic and airplanes. The Hilton is a few blocks further south away from the airport, so the airplane noise should be less there.

The 4pts provides free one hour/day Internet use in their business center in the lobby. Rooms were very clean and furnishings pretty new.

Assuming you're Chinese from your username, there are tons of Chinese restaurants in the Richmond area within walking distances from both hotels. If you have a car, there's no limit. Great food and prices too because of the exchange rate.

Enjoy your stay in Richmond!

777 global mile hound Aug 6, 2002 6:22 pm

The Hilton Vancouver Airport property is a
somewhat new property that is totally satisfactory.As a Diamond I got complimentary Cont breakfast in the restaraunt and a upgrade to a jr suite.The down side is it was a bit further (nothing major) from the airport.
The shuttle was fine but a litle slow because it stops at other branded non hilton properties that the same management owns.
A little strange but whatever!The hotel was not memorable and a totally bland experience.
Coming from the Westin Grand in Vancouver which is an award winning property it probably seemed more anti climatic/blah then it should have
There is nothing to do in the area where the hotel is located
Also for an upgraded room it came with 0 ammenities,no robes or anything.If the hotel wasn't new and in nice condition I'd probably say go Sheraton but I suggest you run a thread on the Starwood sight to get some more feedback.Would guess that the Hilton would still be the better of the two compared to most of my 4 points experiences in the past.They usually tend to be older and more dated and not kept up as the other Starwood brands that are consistent.Another gap that the Hilton garden Inns are filling.
The only super positive thumbs up 4 pts seems to be with the Sydney Australia property.Good luck with your choice. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me
All in all the Hilton is fine for a one nighter and to keep your loyalty with Hilton.
My next visit I would probably stay Fairmont which is right in the terminal!More $$$.But no bus and its one of the nicest and attractive/unusual airport properties I have ever seen .The club lounge is amazing
For an airport thats saying a lot.............Wish there was something that good in the US in an airport

MisterNice Aug 6, 2002 10:54 pm

I dont like either anymore, but thatsa really nice Hilton rate. If you want HH stays, I recommend the Hilton Metrotown in Burnaby. Its 20 min from YVR and I often book it and a car for CA$130. Great exec lounge, free parking, views etc. The noisy Airport Hilton nickles and dimes you to death. Do a search on this forum.

MisterNice

IrieDame Nov 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Hilton Vancouver Airport

Any new info on this property...yes I have done a search...will be using it as an overnight base on Mondays and Thursdays for the next few months...am Platinum on Marriott and Starwood so could use one of their properties if better but all my research has pointed to this Hilton property. Neighbourhood is inconsequential as I will have my meals elsewhere...just want nice clean room, good service, HSIA and occassional upgrade would be nice. And also airport shuttle which they have...thanks for feedback.

YVR Cockroach Nov 11, 2006 4:22 pm

Depends on what you want. The best you'll do is get a junior or full suite. Breakfast is just continental. You once could trade in the full value of the continental buffet for an a la carte breakfast in the past but no longer. There's no exec lounge. If you are a Marriott elite, the Hilton's sister property (nearly identical) is a Marriott on the other side of the parkade. If you want free HSIA, take the Hampton Inn.