Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by wizla

hotel was probably the quietest I’ve seen it

Looking back my stay here last year was the Monday of the late May Bank Holiday and I reported exactly the same. Nice quiet stay.
wizla likes this.

Last edited by chrism20; May 28, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Old May 28, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself Wizla, a quiet lounge is heavenly 😀

re the room, I stayed in 1205 a while ago and that sink also had a hairline in it and the toiletseat was wonky. Some basic maintenance was needed there as well.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself Wizla, a quiet lounge is heavenly 😀

re the room, I stayed in 1205 a while ago and that sink also had a hairline in it and the toiletseat was wonky. Some basic maintenance was needed there as well.
Thanks, yes to be fair I can’t complain as I paid a very low price for a double room and was upgraded to a suite, even my mother’s room a few doors down from me was upgraded to a king deluxe, apart from no bath robe I couldn’t see any difference between this and a king executive room.
I guess it’s somewhat luck of the draw but if I was paying top dollar for a suite with no air con and only warm bath water I wouldn’t be happy at all.
I’m back again 17th June and have requested a very early check in and I’m happy to forfeit any upgrade .....fingers crossed.
MoodyB and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There’s very, very few Hilton’s where if you were paying top dollar you would be happy (like BArbs cabins).

Hence, suites are just upgrade inventory.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
There’s very, very few Hilton’s where if you were paying top dollar you would be happy (like BArbs cabins).

Hence, suites are just upgrade inventory.
That’s a good point , I often wonder if anyone actually pays the rack rate at these hotels?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:16 pm

I’m back here again ( weather permitting) this Monday night, booked double guest room and I’ve noticed I’ve already been preupgraded to a j.suite two days before.
It’s my annual Thames walk so I’ve requested a very early check in and told them I’m happy to forfeit any upgrade..........I’ve done this for the last 3 years and always been lucky and in my room at 8am but I’m aware this isn’t guaranteed .
Whilst I’m hoping to check in early I won’t be at the hotel after 9am so won’t be there to report on afternoon tea but should get back around 7pm and hopefully relax in the lounge...... will report back !
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:22 am

Arrived 6-20 am to an extremely quiet hotel...... I emailed in advance requesting a very early check at 8am however FD said thy have upgraded me to a suite and it’s ready now if I wanted, he also said I was welcome to take breakfast in the lounge too........ I’ve got to be honest this is way above what is expected and hugely helpful so I can rest , sauna and grab some breakfast before I start my 10mile walk.
Suite is on second floor, everything appears to work, no Nespresso machine though......now in lounge taking coffee, quiet...5 people in here....breakfast spread looks nice!.
Will go for sauna before I leave......I won’t be able to report on afternoon tea as I won’t be here but should be back around 7pm tonight to relax in the lounge....... will report back!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:12 am

Great result Wizla, perfect day for a walk by the Thames. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

In suites they usually store the Nespresso next to the kettle in the cupboard. Maybe yours was broken and they didn’t replace it. I never use it myself, prefer to make a coffee in the lounge, the childs version Nespresso machine in the room is too much hassle and useless imo. If they can’t be bothered to put a decent machine in the room they can leave it for me.
hugolover and wizla like this.

Last edited by Winniesbestfriend; Jun 17, 2019 at 5:29 am
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Great result Wizla, perfect day for a walk by the Thames. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

In suites they usually store the Nespresso next to the kettle in the cupboard. Maybe yours was broken and they didn’t replace it. I never use it myself, prefer to make a coffee in the lounge, the childs version Nespresso machine in the room is too much hassle and useless imo. If they can’t be bothered to put a decent machine in the room they can leave it for me.
Yes, completely agree.... I use the lounge too and if I want one in my room I use the lounge take away cups, however it’s a minor issue compared to what I noticed before I left........the air con is not working!...I’m in 206, I normally request 205 but as I know there is issues with the air con there too .
Today I wasn’t in a position to be fussy...... I got a suite at 6-20am , when the FD offered me 206 I was happy just to get an early check in.
I asked the concierge as I left this morning to ask maintenance to have a look, I get back this afternoon evening at 7-30pm, still not working......I’m now in the lounge but on my way here I went via the Front desk and requested a fan be put in my room......many apologies and they are on to it ( I’m not holding my breath).
As I said, now in lounge, it’s fairly quiet about one third full , nice vibe, very relaxed.

WINE - red , white and fizzy.

BEERS- peroni, Heineken and Asahi

SPIRITS- jd, absolute vodka, scotch whisky, Baileys, Havana club.

CANAPÉS - chicken curry and rice....... mushroom risotto.....poor cheeseboard, cold meats and crudités.

I’ve got to say the canapés are pretty poor tonight, I’ve had dinner so not affected but very poor none the less, the salad bowls are limp and everything just appears lacklustre.
I genuinely love this Hilton but if I was paying top price for a room with dodgy air con and poor executive lounge offerings I might just go elsewhere....just a thought......will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Jun 17, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:18 pm

J.suite -
Attached Images    
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:15 am

Nice evening in the lounge last night, got chatting to a couple of diamonds right up until 11pm when it closed.
Slept well, bed comfy but room is noisy.......... it’s very close to the DLR track so every 7 mins they rumble through, I can also hear the guy pounding away on the treadmill in the gym opposite.
There is definitely an issue with the air con on floor 2, my room isn’t hot but the fan is not working.....I would avoid floor 2.
Popped to lounge just now to grab coffee, it was actually quite busy, will use gym and sauna before breakfast.......will report back!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:00 am

Gym quiet just myself and one other, sauna quiet too and plenty hot enough.

BREAKFAST- I took breakfast downstairs at 9-20am, very quiet and service impeccable..... my omelette was brought to my table just as I finished my musli.......now finishing in lounge with coffee and chocolate bread ( most bazaar but strangely nice ) ....... lounge quiet too, considering hotel was apparently sold out last night this morning the place is empty.
Going for a wander around the wharf before check out.........will report back!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Gym quiet just myself and one other, sauna quiet too and plenty hot enough.

BREAKFAST- I took breakfast downstairs at 9-20am, very quiet and service impeccable..... my omelette was brought to my table just as I finished my musli.......now finishing in lounge with coffee and chocolate bread ( most bazaar but strangely nice ) ....... lounge quiet too, considering hotel was apparently sold out last night this morning the place is empty.
Going for a wander around the wharf before check out.........will report back!
CHECK OUT - Had a wander over to the Crossrail complex , the sky garden is definitely worth a look!........ got back to hotel and checked out at11-40am via the executive lounge , apology’s made for the faulty air con and they removed the parking cost to compensate ( parking is £20 here ) and I’m on my way.

CONCLUSION - bittersweet!...... on one hand a very early check in @ 6-20am and a suite upgrade is exceptional....on the other hand if I had booked a suite here @ £344 ( HH discount rate ) I wouldn’t be happy ..... at the end of the day the room temp for me was ok, maybe a little warm but liveable.
This along with room 205 last trip and I also noticed the gym was exceptionally hot too.....my gut feeling is the whole of floor 2 has issues with the air con and I would avoid the two suites on this floor for a while, also room 206 is noisy as posted earlier.

ROOM NO - 206

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton garden inn Luton north ( 28/7/19 )
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:15 pm

Guys ( and ladies ) , I’m just thinking here what with the regular suite upgrades......Do any of us have a particular favourite ( excluding the executive suite of course )......obviously I won’t be choosing 205 or 206 on the OLCI.......any recommendations?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:18 am

Apologies for the late review, busy week. I spent last Saturday night ( 27/7) here. Lounge completely full at 6 pm, hot food chicken wings and breaded mushrooms. The cheese platter was absolutely awful, dried out old chedddar.
No kids though 😀. Pleasant evening.

Then came the night..... retired early 10.30 ish and the door slamming, shouting started. It went on untill 2am. Apparently there was a huge birthday party on the first floor and many stayed over. How many “guests” I had standing in front of my door calling their “bruvs” loudly proclaiming “this ain’t my room” when their key didn’t work I can’t remember, but I got sick of it at midnight and called the night manager, who to his credit came up immediately and told the yobs to be quiet, but 5 minutes later same thing happened.
In the morning the corridor stank of booze and was littered with flowers and sparkle. Poor housekeeping had a huge clean up to do.
All I heard at check out were people complaining. I did as well, and apoplogies were made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.