Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by wizla
Ah, I think I remember walking past you on my way out......dark coloured suit?
nope! jeans
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by sarahluv
nope! jeans
Haha, fair play mate....... hopefully I will have the pleasure to meet you one day......safe travels !
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
This hotel is still very good (IMHO)

Back here for a few nights this week after a long time. Apart from the very surreal character of the area, this property is still a really solid performer.

The lounge is basically as good as any - didn't indulge in last night's bangers and mash, but tonight the chicken risotto, pea & mushroom pasta, creme brle (in addition to the usual salads, crudits, breads, cheese etc) were really good.

Had breakfast in the lounge this morning since I was in a rush and it was fine - but think I'll make my way to the restaurant tomorrow morning.

I do find the inclination to leave a towel arrangement on the bed and note from housekeeping a bit odd though, but trying not to be unreasonable about something trivial and well-intentioned!
wizla likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Back here for a few nights this week after a long time. Apart from the very surreal character of the area, this property is still a really solid performer.

The lounge is basically as good as any - didn't indulge in last night's bangers and mash, but tonight the chicken risotto, pea & mushroom pasta, creme brle (in addition to the usual salads, crudits, breads, cheese etc) were really good.

Had breakfast in the lounge this morning since I was in a rush and it was fine - but think I'll make my way to the restaurant tomorrow morning.

I do find the inclination to leave a towel arrangement on the bed and note from housekeeping a bit odd though, but trying not to be unreasonable about something trivial and well-intentioned!
It's still my favourite , that and the Waldorf.....I had some irritating lounge issues there a while back and stopped staying at weekends, however my last stay was a Saturday night and was rather pleasant.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
It's still my favourite , that and the Waldorf.....I had some irritating lounge issues there a while back and stopped staying at weekends, however my last stay was a Saturday night and was rather pleasant.
Yea - I intend to go back to CW soon ... but I always leave saying that though rarely need to be in that end of town.

Horses for courses... my London favourite is Bankside - where I am tonight ... planning a double-dose of granola for breakfast already....
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:23 pm

Booked last minute stay for tonight .
Upgraded to Executive Suite (1407) from Deluxe room almost immediately .
Used digital key check in so no interaction with reception .
In my suite welcome bottle of fizz, box of chocolates and selection of bathroom goodies (non standard think they are Body Shop)
Plenty of coffee pods and four bottles of still water .
Standard size Peter Roth toiletries in bathroom and extra washroom.
Dreaded Swan towel on bed and a welcome note from housekeeping with standard turndown chocs .
Popped to lounge at 17.45 no afternoon tea items out ?
Plenty of staff (counted 4 so far )
Drinks and food out at 18.00 and lounge is fairly busy already !
Standard selection of wine and spirits - Cava already depleted .
New Nespresso coffee machine .
Water now provided in glass refillable bottles.
Food has changed and not for the better IMHO .
Small selection of cheeses,crackers and bread .
Crudits and beetroot and feta salad .
Two separate large bowls of salad , one leaves the other couscous and feta .
Hot food (which isnt hot at all ) both with frites , one with fish gougons and the other breaded veggie of unknown description . Several guests complaining about the food and theyve been offered something from the kitchen .
Lounge is now virtually full but drinks rush over .
Staff doing an excellent job !
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:51 pm

Mini cheesecakes have appeared and the food presented to unhappy guests looks impressive . Also mini crostinis .
Coffee machine is scary lol 😂
Lounge is busy but not packed .
For a moment though they were providing Grey Goose Vodka but its a lookalike called Snow Queen ?!? And Baileys is amongst the collection !
Staff are refilling drinks at tables and providing an excellent service .
Several members of staff have welcomed me back - though I only recognised one and Ive only consumed two Cavas honest !
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Mini cheesecakes have appeared and the food presented to unhappy guests looks impressive . Also mini crostinis .
Coffee machine is scary lol 😂
Lounge is busy but not packed .
For a moment though they were providing Grey Goose Vodka but its a lookalike called Snow Queen ?!? And Baileys is amongst the collection !
Staff are refilling drinks at tables and providing an excellent service .
Several members of staff have welcomed me back - though I only recognised one and Ive only consumed two Cavas honest !
Glad you are enjoying yourself and thanks for the reports ( enjoying this! ) , yeah I noticed that industrial nespresso machine in the lounge, I thought it was more hassle than help.....I preferred the other one even though I own a nespresso machine at home.
I also noticed the baileys out on my last stay about a month or so back.....nice!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:54 am

Glad you are enjoying yourself and thanks for the reports ( enjoying this! ) , yeah I noticed that industrial nespresso machine in the lounge, I thought it was more hassle than help.....I preferred the other one even though I own a nespresso machine at home.
I also noticed the baileys out on my last stay about a month or so back.....nice!
Thanks Wizla !
Yes that coffee machine is truly industrial size - too chicken to attempt to use it in this occasion .
Strolled downstairs at 7.30am and was surprised and how busy it was .
Think there were Mimosas at the reception area .
Water and juice station much improved including a smoothie on tap . Loved the ice cucumber water .
Breads and chilled items as usual - mini packs of sealed cheddar cheese new (last saw them at Croydon )
Many guests waiting for omelettes - my two perfectly poached eggs were delicious .
Oh and yes WARM plates .
Also a pancake maker has appeared as well as haggis ...
Very attentive service throughout and offfered a takeaway latte as leaving the restaurant .

Overalll an EXCELLENT stay was good to return and see the improvements in service and my Diamond benefits .
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Thanks Wizla !
Yes that coffee machine is truly industrial size - too chicken to attempt to use it in this occasion .
Strolled downstairs at 7.30am and was surprised and how busy it was .
Think there were Mimosas at the reception area . Yeah
Water and juice station much improved including a smoothie on tap . Loved the ice cucumber water .
Breads and chilled items as usual - mini packs of sealed cheddar cheese new (last saw them at Croydon )
Many guests waiting for omelettes - my two perfectly poached eggs were delicious .
Oh and yes WARM plates .
Also a pancake maker has appeared as well as haggis ...
Very attentive service throughout and offfered a takeaway latte as leaving the restaurant .

Overalll an EXCELLENT stay was good to return and see the improvements in service and my Diamond benefits .
Good man!.....and thanks for the review.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
afternoon tea disaster so far today. all sandwiches gone within 10-15 mins. it's 4pm and there is currently one scone. yes, one scone. no other food.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by sarahluv
afternoon tea disaster so far today. all sandwiches gone within 10-15 mins. it's 4pm and there is currently one scone. yes, one scone. no other food.
It's busy there today/ tonight isn't it.........I'm not there but I have some friends currently on the sofa near desk telling me via Facebook it's very full and I'm guessing they are punting out the cheap upgrades to anyone and their dog......disappointing!

Last edited by wizla; Nov 11, 2017 at 2:30 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:58 pm

It's busy there today/ tonight isn't it.........I'm not there but I have some friends currently on the sofa near desk telling me via Facebook it's very full and I'm guessing they are punting out the cheap upgrades to anyone and their dog......disappointing!
yup it was! they finally replenished the stocks at 4.20. an hour without much food though!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hhonors Gold, Accor Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Currently having breakfast in the Lounge. What happened to my beloved salmon?!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:55 am

Two last stays of the year this weekend (

Preupgraded to Exec Suite several weeks ago

Emails from Lounge Mgr and Guest Relations Mgr received day before seemed smi personalised

Suite has bottle of red wine , chocs and the seasonal candy cane on my arrival
Turndown service has provided me with a bag of shower gels (!]

Lounge busy for afternoon tea - very little left
Still scared by coffee
machine lol !

Lounge is full by 6.15pm and remains busy still
Usual Friday night hot food ,Cava seems to be very popular (I’m sat near the drinks )
Seems a mix of Pete Tong concert goers,Christmas shoppers but only two families with very behaved children occupying the sofas - overall good vibe not noisy and three staff replenishing everything relatively quickly
Bumped into two regulars good to catch up and share recent Diamond experiences lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.