Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Old Dec 30, 12, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Need one night in August before the AZ's FCO-MIA flight home.

The flight departs at 9:10am. With the earliest shuttle is at 6:00am, I wonder if it is barely enough time to make it consider the security screening at check in for US-bound flight is notorious.

May be we need to stay at Hilton next to the terminal instead?
The HGI has its own shuttles and they do NOT stop at the Hil before going to the Terms. If you are on AZ I believe you dont need to deal with Term 5 and then get bused back to T3, but dont reply on me and check with AZ!

Either way the Shuttle goes to T5 if thats what you need and no need to get off at T3 and then catch the T5 bus. If you do in fact need T5 staying at the Hil wont help you really since you will have the apx 15 min walk to T3 and then need to catch the T5 shuttle

The ride from the HGI is apx 10/15 mins to T3/5, so catching the 6am shuttle should be more then enough time imo
Old Mar 21, 17, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, GL_Marriott, GHertz
Thanks for an informative thread that may influence my choice of hotels during a few stays in Rome this year.
Old Mar 21, 17, 7:01 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
Thanks for an informative thread that may influence my choice of hotels during a few stays in Rome this year.
You did notice that the last comment was 5 years ago?
Old May 4, 17, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM, MR Plat/LTG, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AA Gold
Most of this thread is quite old but hoping someone can still give me some advice.

We have an overnight here coming up and trying to figure out the logistics and feasibility of going into Rome proper for a nice late pasta meal (and recommendations on that front are welcome to).

We arrive into FCO at 615pm local time (coming from another EU country) and our departing flight back to the US isn't until 1230pm the next day so I'm thinking we should be fine but need to figure out how to go about it from the HGI.

I know this would be easier from the Hilton proper but my corporate rate at the HGI is significantly better (114euro vs. 193euro) and my understanding is that it's easier to get the T5 for flights back to the US from the HGI (with the shuttle) vs. the Hilton which requires a long walk over to T5.

Last edited by Duke787; May 4, 17 at 12:00 pm
Old May 8, 17, 8:55 pm

From the discussions in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy...ed-thread.html it looks like T5 is no longer in operation. Your flight to the U.S. would be from T1 if DL or AZ, or T3 if AA or UA. From the HGI you'd get the shuttle, but you'd have a walkway connection to the terminals from the Hilton.
Old Sep 14, 18, 5:37 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

OK airport hotel

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Via Vittorio Bragadin 2 Fiumicino, IT 00054

OK airport hotel (0 Photo)

For an airport hotel, the location is OK as there is a complimentary shuttle provided via the Airport Operator.  The shuttle is actually also the staff bus (so used by employees of the airport and airline staff - mainly Alitalia).  The ride from the airport (T1 or T3) takes approximately 15-20 mins to the hotel as there are a few stops in between.

Other than that, there is not much around the hotel (besides offices belonging to various airport related facilities business).  Unless you plan to use a car or taxi down to Rome, it would be quite a long ride for touristic purposes.

Check In

Arrived around 8pm at the hotel and although the front desk was busy, I was helped quite fast.  Was greeted as an Elite member and given a run down of the different amenities of the hotel and elite benefits.  The lobby area seemed to be quite busy with the restaurants and bars full of guests/customers, so it seems to be quite a lively hotel.  

Room

No upgrade given (nor expecting).  Room was relatively spacious and was ok for a one night stay.  I suspect the property was previously another hotel brand as based on the deco, I don't think HGI would have chosen the colour scheme/template.  Looks like there was a minor refresh to turn it into a HGI with some typical furnitures that you would find at a HGI hotel.

The temperature control in the room was good and luckily not stuck on either heat or none which is quite common in Italy.

Bed was comfortable and room was clean.  The view was towards the far end of the airport and the highway, however the windows seems to be well isolated as there was not much noise disturbance.  

Bathroom was ok in size with the a bathtub cum shower.  Water pressure was good and good temperature control.

Wifi signal was stable and speed was good.  TV channels were ok with a couple of international stations.

Dining

Breakfast in the morning started actually rather late for an airport hotel, if not mistaken it only started at 6am.  Managed to grab a quick one.  Breakfast spread was ok, althogh from quality point of view, especially for the hot dishes (the typical sausages, eggs, potatoes and beans) did not really look that appetizing.  Tried to catch the attention to order a made to order fried egg, but it was difficult and since I did not have much time, just gave up.

The night before, decided to have a drink at the bar which was not too bad from price point of view if you choose correctly (a glass of wine was expensive, but getting the whole bottle was much cheaper).  The quality of the wine was surprisingly very good (but on the other hand, expected since this is Italy).  

Service

Staff in general were friendly, ready to give a helping hand when needed.

Overall

All in all, an OK hotel.  For my stay compared to the price asked by the Hilton (which was just walking distance from the airport), this hotel was reasonable if you want to be close to the airport.  For those wanting to use this hotel for visiting Rome, I would not advise this as from price point, most probably something of the same price range would be available closer to Rome.  Parking seems to be complimentary.

OK airport hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 14, 18, 7:04 pm

Thanks for the updates review nldogbert. Just one comment, you mentioned that you thought it was another hotel before and converted, it was a Hilton Garden Inn from the beginning. I think it was one of the first Hilton Garden Inn properties in Europe so maybe they were still figuring out a scheme then.
Old Feb 10, 19, 3:30 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I didn't see any garden, but maybe I did not look hard enough! I would totally echo all the comments two posts above. The hotel was perfectly decent and I had a good night there, not something you can say about many airport hotels. The glasses of wine were indeed dear (€6.50 for a glass of red from Puglia, excellent quality) but I just had a glass as couldn't manage the whole bottle (this time). The breakfast seemed fine, but I didn't stay for long, flight was at 08h25. The shuttle is easy enough to use, just keep an eye on the stops because there are no announcements and the driver just sails past most of the stops if there's nobody there. The night was not cheap at €131.50 including tourist tax.