Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:30 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by jsfr
I stayed at the Hilton at the airport once and had a room (admittedly on the top floor) where I could actually see the Sea!

Does anyone know if the Garden Inn has that?
No. It has only six floors and right now not all of them are finished.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
We'll be staying at the Garden Inn next month before returning to NY. I paid 118 euro net rate. This after 6 night award at the Cavalieri and a 4 night award at the Sorrento Palace . We return from Sorrento on the train. We'll take the train from termini to FCO and then find our way to the Garden Inn. Any suggestions for this trip are appreciated.
When you arrive at FCO you can call the Garden Inn and they will come and get you or you can walk over to the Hilton and ask them to call for you, sometimes if the bell desk guys arent too busy they will just run you over there.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 7:03 pm

My wife and I just got back from this property. We actually stayed there for several days as I am too cheap to pay for the Cavalieri. Here are a few details of our experience.

Hotel:
It has all the same features that we are used to in a HGI but done in european style. Which makes it a more stylish hotel. They had not finished the 5th and 6th floors as of 12/31/06 but looked pretty close. The location of the property is about 10 minutes (max) shuttle from the airport.

Staff:
Excellent. English was excellent and the service was top notch. I dont know if it was just that the hotel was new and not busy so they had a little more enthusiasm but they did a great job and made for a nice trip.

Facilities:
There are not microwaves in the rooms but they do have a microwave room with two microwaves. There is a workout room with basic workout equipment. A laundry room was on site but it was not functioning last week. There is also a pantry with some basic items including some food/snack items.

Shuttles:
They have their own shuttle and it does not run on a schedule but rather you just call or tell them when you need it. When you arrive at the airport you can call or if you dont have the number just walk over to the Hilton and ask them to call for you. You can also use the Hiltons shuttle to Rome and when you arrive back at the Hilton just ask the front desk or bell desk to call the HGI shuttle for you. A couple of times the bell desk guys grabbed the keys to one of their vans and just took us over.

Restuarant:
Food menu was not extensive but had enough and prices are decent especially when compared to the FCO Hilton and I thought the drink prices where pretty good too. I paid 5 euro for a house glass of whine and you can get a bottle for like 17 euro. A normal entree on the menu was about 10 euro I think.

Rooms:
Stylish and functional and the size of the room was standard by european standards I think. The room was comfortable and nice but nothing exceptional I dont think. They have free wireless and wired internet and you just get a code from the front desk. The only thing I didnt like about the room was the shower. It was not constructed in such a way to keep the way in the shower/tub area. So, plan on a wet floor unless they improve it.

Diamond Treatment:
I had a rate that included breakfast but did ask if it would be included if I did not have it already and they confirmed I would be given breakfast as a Diamond. I was also given coupons for a bottle of water for each day of our stay. I didnt see many bigger sized rooms on the floor plan on the door even though they list some suites on the web site.

Relationship with Hilton FCO:
These properties are managed as a cluster. I sent an email about my stay and got a response from the general manager and it had "Cluster General Manager Rome Airport and Hilton Garden Inn Airport".

Summary:
We enjoyed our stay a very much at this property. I would be interested to see how they perform after it gets busier as the hotel was less than 10% during our stay. I have some photos which I can post later if anyone is interested as I dont know if they have any up on the Hilton site yet.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Thanks so much for the detailed report! I'll be staying there in March and had been hesitant to book it without reading any reviews from anyone who'd stayed there. Looks like a good alternative to the airport Hilton - free wifi and reasonably priced food are big plusses when you're not traveling on a corporate expense account.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Thanks for the report..... I looked on line and got a good rate ($180.00) per nite but they have a higher rate that includes breakfast. Since I am a Gold member, does anyone know if they will give me certs for breakfast?
Old Jan 10, 2007, 3:38 pm

Thank you for the detailed report. This was the only reservation I was somewhat unsure about. It seems as if the property will suit our purposes just fine.

As a GOLD, I believe you are entitled to breakfast.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by pjrice
Thanks for the report..... I looked on line and got a good rate ($180.00) per nite but they have a higher rate that includes breakfast. Since I am a Gold member, does anyone know if they will give me certs for breakfast?

I wish I had thought to ask. I would email the hotel and ask as they got back to me pretty quickly. I would think that the answer would be yes although for Golds it could be the cold breakfast option and some sort of buy up for the full breakfast.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:03 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Thanks, I'll e-mail the hotel and and post their reply. I'm excited about this hotel as we can use it for a base and I love the fact that it's so close to the airport.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Has anybody stayed at this property lately? Considering booking a room for the middle of May, but was just wondering where this property stands... Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:34 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by mcgahat
You can also use the Hiltons shuttle to Rome and when you arrive back at the Hilton just ask the front desk or bell desk to call the HGI shuttle for you. A couple of times the bell desk guys grabbed the keys to one of their vans and just took us over.
When you say the shuttle to Rome do you mean to the city? If this is the case, is there a schedule as to when they depart and return and what is the cost for this service? Thank you.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:49 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion
I stayed at all three Hilton properties in Rome last month.

Regarding the HGI: Nice room (I liked it better than stateside HGIs), courteous staff, two computers and a printer for guest use in the biz center, pantry shop and a cafe. The property is within walking distance of, well, nothing.

You can take the HGI shuttle to the Hilton Rome Airport to catch that hotel's bus into the city. It leaves every two hours beginning at 8 a.m., if I remember correctly. It drops you off on Via del Teatro Marcello, about 100 yards south of the stairs that go up to the Piazza del Campidoglio. It's about a 35- to 45-minute trip, and it's free.

The Hilton Rome Airport's return bus leave every two hours, also, beginning at 9 a.m. -- I think the last one was at 9 p.m. When you return to the Hilton, ask the front desk to call the HGI to have them send over their shuttle.

One important note: The HGI shuttle does not adhere to any kind of schedule, and it does not make scheduled runs to the Hilton Rome Airport. It's best to reserve a time with the front desk the night before to ensure you're not delayed trying to get over to the Hilton to catch the bus into town.

You can also cash in some points and stay at the Cavalieri! It was superb. ^
Old Mar 30, 2007, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
Im here right now. of course it's 3 am and I'm wide awake Hotel is very much as others have posted. Front desk was excellent, rooms are small maybe 12x12 plus a small entryway and bath. Bed was great firm wth a cushy pillowtop feel. Room service was fairly priced pasta 10 euro, bacon cheeseburger 12.5 euro. Food needs some work. Didnt want to hassle with the shuttle after flying in from san francisco via ams so took a cab from the airport. With all the twists and turns it was about 3-4 miles. Cab fare was 8.50 euro on the meter plus 2 euro for 2 bags. Hotel is bright shining and new but is diffinately remote. Basically just stuck out in the cargo area. This could be a problem if you want to go out somewhere. Airport hilton does have the PLUS of being within walking distance of the terminal if you want a snack or something. All in all this new hotel is great for what it is. Great to land at, but may not be the best idea for the nite before leaving: the Hilton airport would be a better choice for that. Cheers.
Old May 7, 2007, 2:32 pm

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

as seen on the morning of 4th of May 2007...
http://beta.album.ee/kkk555kkk
Old May 7, 2007, 4:05 pm
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
Boy, you must have been hungry to eat all that Next time leave something for the next person.
Old May 7, 2007, 5:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Did they refill the plates? That certainly falls well short of a HGI breakfast!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.