Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best Hilton VIP award for golf and spa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2006, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold

I'm sorry if this has been discussed recently... but I'm an old flyertalker that rarely has time to come online any more (or travel for that matter!) because I've given birth to 2 boys in less than 2 years. Needless to say, my husband and I are looking forward to a vacation next year!

He loves to golf and I NEED some time at the spa to relax. I have Gold with Hilton and over 200K points... so I would like to use a VIP award. What are opinions on the best resort with a spa and a golf course (or 2) in the continental USA or Mexico (we live on the East Coast... so although we love Hawaii, it would be too far for us to travel at this time... we don't want to be too far away from our babies during our 1st vacation away from them!).

Thanks!
Lynn... a very tired mommy who misses traveling!
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
Originally Posted by badgerfan
What are opinions on the best resort with a spa and a golf course (or 2) in the continental USA or Mexico (we live on the East Coast... so although we love Hawaii, it would be too far for us to travel at this time... we don't want to be too far away from our babies during our 1st vacation away from them!).
Hi Lynn.
Before you rule out Hawaii (great golf & spa at the HWV!!), are you concerned about being "too far away" in case you need to return home on short notice? If not, remember that flying onwards to Hawaii may only add a few hours on both ends of a multi-day trip, so %-wise it is not adding that much away time. Or does it have more to do with the thought of being that far away??
A few more questions:
What time of year are you hoping to go? (sounds like "asap", right?!?)
How long of a stay? Are you wanting to use the "Going Global" or "Golf Getaway" VIP awards? Those are 6 nights.
Any other interests or requests for the stay, for the property, other than spa & golf? After all, it's doubtful you will spend *all* of your time doing one or the other.

Tyler
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:47 am

Hilton Los Cabos Beach and Golf Resort

Originally Posted by badgerfan

He loves to golf and I NEED some time at the spa to relax.

Lynn... a very tired mommy who misses traveling!

The Hilton Los Cabos will meet both your needs. There is a golf course accross the road and the hotel has a spa. here is a teaser:

Spa Ixchel
This luxury Mexico resort offers you Spa Ixchel. Ixchel represents the Mayan Goddess of the Moon. In the moon, we find a reflection of nature, of subtleness, of relaxation. We count on Ixchel to grant our Spa's such an ambience and mood for your Mexico spa vacation. We invite you to enter the sheer luxury of this Baja spa, a haven of pleasure. This spa beach resort is one of the exclusive Mexico spas where the pressures of the day melt away. Be sure to look over our exclusive spa packages for your best spa beach vacation. Discover our many treatments and services.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.