Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:24 pm

I woudn't agree that you need a spend a night near the hotel. Bali traffic is terrible but in 20+ trips between my family, the tollroad/new-ish highway and trip to airport has always been fine at all times day and night. The traffic hits after the airport or in other directions.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Cynicor
I woudn't agree that you need a spend a night near the hotel. Bali traffic is terrible but in 20+ trips between my family, the tollroad/new-ish highway and trip to airport has always been fine at all times day and night. The traffic hits after the airport or in other directions.
Totally agree, I would never forgo my last night in the Conrad just to stay the last night by the airport to avoid potential traffic. Barring something crazy it's a total non-issue.

That said, I think the original context of the suggestion above was that the OP had a late flight out and could book a cheap 5k night at the HGI as a place to chill for the afternoon between anticipated 4pm checkout from the Conrad and say 11pm flight out of DPS.
Cynicor and Beano like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Totally agree, I would never forgo my last night in the Conrad just to stay the last night by the airport to avoid potential traffic. Barring something crazy it's a total non-issue.

That said, I think the original context of the suggestion above was that the OP had a late flight out and could book a cheap 5k night at the HGI as a place to chill for the afternoon between anticipated 4pm checkout from the Conrad and say 11pm flight out of DPS.
Assuming you're referring to me, I was actually considering it upon landing at DPS since we don't arrive until 5PM and I assume it might take a few hours to get out of the airport and to the hotel. Unless I'm being silly and should just spend the extra points for a night at the Conrad or Hilton (still undecided). This is my first trip to the country so I have no idea how bad the process might be.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by shmuey
Assuming you're referring to me, I was actually considering it upon landing at DPS since we don't arrive until 5PM and I assume it might take a few hours to get out of the airport and to the hotel. Unless I'm being silly and should just spend the extra points for a night at the Conrad or Hilton (still undecided). This is my first trip to the country so I have no idea how bad the process might be.
No, we were discussing the situation directly above regarding getting a late checkout and/or staying at the HGI the last "afternoon" as a place to crash before a late flight out.

In your situation, with a 5pm arrival, you will be at the Conrad by 6-630pm, so no way I'd stay at the HGI the first night unless you're just really trying to squeeze every penny out. It doesn't take hours and hours to get through immigration, baggage, taxi, etc, or anything like that. Especially as you said it's your honeymoon, don't waste your time with the HGI the first night. Spend the $125 or whatever it is for the Conrad .
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:31 pm

At the worst times, immigration takes maybe 20-30 min. Bags are slow but still only about 30-45 min. Trip to the hotel is 20-30 tops.

So I agree with above- just go to your hotel
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:09 am

I have had some horror queuing at the DPS immigration before. 4 sections all oozing beyond the barriers and it took over 1 hr to clear.

Agree that the journey from Conrad to the airport is quite easy with the highway and max 40mins with crazy traffic. Much more predictable compared to travelling from the labyrinth or so called roads in Seminyak.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Can somebody confirm that they still offer the bike rides in the morning and if they still have the shuttle going to the shoppingcentre?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Yes. They still operated the Bike rides in the morning, didn’t notice a shuttle to the mall.
jumbooze likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by jumbooze
Can somebody confirm that they still offer the bike rides in the morning and if they still have the shuttle going to the shoppingcentre?
Mall shuttle has been discontinued for about a year. The hotel can book a Blue Bird taxi to the mall for a flat 30K Rupiahs. Coming back, you can get a free ride from one of the mall restaurants if you have a meal there. Otherwise, exit the mall and look for a Blue Bird taxi for 30K. The mall security guards are in cahoots with the taxi drivers and will try to convince you that up to 200K is the going rate.
jumbooze likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by verbyournoun
I must say personally Nusa Dua isn’t my favorite place in Bali. It has a bunch of really nice resorts and overpriced (for the area) restaurants. But my interests are a bit different than most on this forum I think.

For partying, Kuta is the place to be for cheap and if you wanna relive glory days with a bunch of fratty Australian teens. Seminyak is a bit more upscale but also has lovely night life.

The beaches in Nusa Dua aren’t horrible, but they aren’t the best by far. Conrad’s beach sucks though so if you’re intent to stay with Hilton brand go to Hilton. Personally my favorite beaches are in sanur because they’re a bit calmer and caters to relaxing couple retreat types.

I’d recommend at least a few nights in Ubud if not more. It’s really the cultural capital of the island and in my opinion reason why you go to Bali as opposed to say Hawaii or the Caribbean. Over tourism has definitely had an impact, so if you do go try to be mindful of it. I really liked the monkey forest and luwak coffee tasting when I was there.

I also recommend going to Tanjung Benoa for a day. Really nice place.

Sorry if this is off topic, to revert back to Conrad just finished a four night stay. Probably won’t come back when I go back to Bali. Not saying it’s a bad resort, it’s quite good and reasonable prices but it’s such a sellers market in Bali that you can choose to be picky.
Sort of agree.
For Aussies, Hawaii, Cabo and Caribbean (especially) is just way too far, plus ESTA and long queues at US airports even if you're only transiting.
Anyway, I've booked Conrad for my four nights in Bali (Sep-Oct) too. Never liked that place, hopefully my opinion will change.

Last edited by antebellum; Aug 10, 2019 at 8:24 pm
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I've stayed at the Conrad and the Hilton. The Hilton was the better of a bad choice. The Conrad was nothing like i expect a Conrad to be: the Hilton was very much a resort Hilton with a lot of package holidaymakers and cruise-joiners/leavers. The Hilton lounge was one of least impressive I've visited.

Both hotels are sort of isolated - perfect for those with no interest in Bali: I'm not knocking that, it represents peace and quiet! But you'd be disappointed if you expected to be able to get out and about easily.

Unless you are totally wedded to Hiltons, the other side of the peninsula is far more fun. Jimbaran has better beaches, more life, shops, some night-life, plenty restaurants and sea-food beach shacks without being as honky-tonk as Kuta. No Hiltons, but the IC has a super location - it's considerably more pricey than the Hiltons though.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
I'm wondering what's the chance of getting late checkouts as Gold, given my stay in September. Generous or stingy?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by antebellum
I'm wondering what's the chance of getting late checkouts as Gold, given my stay in September. Generous or stingy?
Last April they could offer only until 14:00/15:00 for a free late check-out. In the end I booked a night more as the flight departure was midnight.
Today, if in the same position, I would keep a standard check-out at the Conrad - or accept the 15:00 late check-out - and then book the last day/night at the HGI near the airport.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Hilton
Originally Posted by antebellum
Tried to ask for late check out as Diamond, was only given 1500hrs. As Lefly suggested, you maybe want to book a room at HGI instead for a quick shower before heading off to airport if you have a late flight (HGI provides free shuttle to airport every half hour and is 5 min away). Quite reasonable at 5K pts before the gold + other bonuses.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
I got 9pm late checkout (diamond). Was shoulder season though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.