Conrad Bali {IDN}

Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by shmuey
Planning to come here or Hilton for the first few days of my honeymoon in March. I have enough points for a few nights in a pool villa or pool suite. Which would you pick? Or am I better off saving my points and getting a lagoon suite at the Hilton? Or doing a few nights at both properties?
Personally I wouldn't waste points at either of these properties in Bali as room rates are generally very cheap. Looking at a random date in March, Hilton wants 93k points for the Conrad Pool Villa which can be booked for ~$300++ (that's a terrible points/$ ratio).
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Personally I wouldn't waste points at either of these properties in Bali as room rates are generally very cheap. Looking at a random date in March, Hilton wants 93k points for the Conrad Pool Villa which can be booked for ~$300++ (that's a terrible points/$ ratio).
With that said, if paying cash, which is better? It looks like the pool suite actually has a decent sized pool whereas the Villa is a giant plunge bathtub. Just wondering if anyone has stayed in either (or both) and can provide more feedback. $425/ night is not a minuscule amount of money for us.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
With that said, if paying cash, which is better? It looks like the pool suite actually has a decent sized pool whereas the Villa is a giant plunge bathtub. Just wondering if anyone has stayed in either (or both) and can provide more feedback. $425/ night is not a minuscule amount of money for us.
The Pool Suite is just a suite on the ground floor of the Conrad Suites building that features a small private pool. The Pool Villa is actually a detached villa in the garden areas of the Conrad Suites that has a plunge pool. The pool does appear to be larger in the Pool Suite. Really depends on what you're after as to which would be better.

Never stayed at the Hilton, so can't compare, but I know a lot of folks around here have stayed at both.

What are the rest of your honeymoon plans? The Conrad is a nice resort for the price, however if you're willing to spend $400+ per night I'm not sure it would be my first choice on Bali, even if you had the points to cover it.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The Pool Suite is just a suite on the ground floor of the Conrad Suites building that features a small private pool. The Pool Villa is actually a detached villa in the garden areas of the Conrad Suites that has a plunge pool. The pool does appear to be larger in the Pool Suite. Really depends on what you're after as to which would be better.

Never stayed at the Hilton, so can't compare, but I know a lot of folks around here have stayed at both.

What are the rest of your honeymoon plans? The Conrad is a nice resort for the price, however if you're willing to spend $400+ per night I'm not sure it would be my first choice on Bali, even if you had the points to cover it.
We are primarily starting at Nusa Dua to recover from the long flight from East Coast USA and to just relax for a few days before ramping up our trip. I also have over 200k Hilton points that I likely wont get to use on any high value redemptions in the near future, so I figured we'd start there. Its also likely the nicest property well stay at since we are budgeting for $150-250 lodging/night elsewhere. Nothing is set in stone, but our short list includes a few days in Seminyak and Ubud. She likes the beach; I like the party; we both like culture (were in our early 30s). We have 13 nights total; Im open to any suggestions. Sorry if I took this way off topic.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:59 pm

She likes the beach; I like the party; we both like culture (were in our early 30s).
Nusa Dua is not the best place for either Im afraid. Seminyak would be a better option for both. Have a look at W in Seminyak. Nice long stretch of beach and not far from the party venues. I think that would be a better option to cover beach/party.
Also, refer to post 646, Ive done a quick comparison on Conrad vs Hilton Bali there.

Last edited by Aeolus; Jun 19, 2019 at 3:06 pm
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:56 pm

Agree Nusa Dua is good for none of those. It's an OK pool/resort stay. Go Ubud or Seminyak or other places. Neither are a great use of cash over the base room and a good upgrade for DIA I feel. But you aren't guaranteed this, of course.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
If youre recovering from jet lag I recommend one or two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn bear the airport. One of the last remaining 5k properties and service is excellent with a good breakfast.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I stayed at the Conrad last April, in a pool suite. Big, nice, private, wonderful pool with a decent size. A lot of cheap but good restaurants nearby, plenty of little markets too. I really enjoyed the place.
But it's not the best one for parties and beaches.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:01 pm

I appreciate all of the advice. Obviously I'll have to do a bit more digging to figure out what we'll do.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:41 pm

Would agree with Garden Inn not being flash but amazing use of 5k if diamond
good way to not waste a day but allow you to recover for cheap. Then spend a little more on a cash stay somewhere better suited to your goals.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I must say personally Nusa Dua isnt my favorite place in Bali. It has a bunch of really nice resorts and overpriced (for the area) restaurants. But my interests are a bit different than most on this forum I think.

For partying, Kuta is the place to be for cheap and if you wanna relive glory days with a bunch of fratty Australian teens. Seminyak is a bit more upscale but also has lovely night life.

The beaches in Nusa Dua arent horrible, but they arent the best by far. Conrads beach sucks though so if youre intent to stay with Hilton brand go to Hilton. Personally my favorite beaches are in sanur because theyre a bit calmer and caters to relaxing couple retreat types.

Id recommend at least a few nights in Ubud if not more. Its really the cultural capital of the island and in my opinion reason why you go to Bali as opposed to say Hawaii or the Caribbean. Over tourism has definitely had an impact, so if you do go try to be mindful of it. I really liked the monkey forest and luwak coffee tasting when I was there.

I also recommend going to Tanjung Benoa for a day. Really nice place.

Sorry if this is off topic, to revert back to Conrad just finished a four night stay. Probably wont come back when I go back to Bali. Not saying its a bad resort, its quite good and reasonable prices but its such a sellers market in Bali that you can choose to be picky.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
To avoid any confusion, the Conrad is in Tanjung Benoa, not Nusa Dua.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Any experience on late check out at this hotel for Diamonds? Checking out on a Tuesday in July. Anyone tried to pay for a confirmed check out until 6 pm? We have booke a Conrad suite, but are thinking about booking a standard room for an extra night to stay in until leaving the hotel late in the evening.

Also, what is on offer for Diamonds travelling with children in the lobby lounge? Can we order from the lobby lounge menu for free, or is it a separate menu to chose from?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Any experience on late check out at this hotel for Diamonds? Checking out on a Tuesday in July. Anyone tried to pay for a confirmed check out until 6 pm? We have booke a Conrad suite, but are thinking about booking a standard room for an extra night to stay in until leaving the hotel late in the evening.

Also, what is on offer for Diamonds travelling with children in the lobby lounge? Can we order from the lobby lounge menu for free, or is it a separate menu to chose from?
Id hope that at least a 4pm complimentary checkout would be offered for a Diamond.

Remember that the airport HGI is only 5k points per night, and has a free airport shuttle.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Chriscross

I agree with Jamito that a 4:00 p.m. checkout is very likely. The hotel used to offer the Reflections Lounge for early arrivals and late departures, but it has been converted to the gym. Now people just sit in the main lobby while waiting to check-in or out. I presume they can still use the showers in the old Reflections Lounge. If you must vacate the suite early, I suggest you ask the hotel if it can offer you a comped standard room for a few hours.

As for afternoon tea and evening cocktails in the lobby lounge, the server will bring you the selection of the day. On the other hand, the Exec Lounge now has an evening buffet with many more options. The hotel has no current plans to extend the buffet option to the lobby lounge.

I agree that spending the last night at the HGI near the airport is a good suggestion. Bali traffic is unpredictable and the HGI is very convenient. The shuttle to/from the airport runs every half hour.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.