Conrad Bali {IDN}

Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:52 am

The hotel have always emailed me in advance to ask about pickup. It's quite cheap but more than a taxi.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: LH Sen
Originally Posted by mike2003242
what's your overall impression so far? I've got a stay in mid March booked.
I stayed at both Conrad and Hilton Bali several times. Hilton has a much better location, grounds, and sea access. Hilton has amazing sea views and great for swimming.

Conrad has a miserable beach. I never swam there. I talked to people who come there for two weeks for the past 7 years and they never swam in the sea either.

Conrad has beautiful pools, great service and much better food. If you are diamond, you have access to the suites pool, tea time drinks snacks and the happy hour. Those are amazing amenities.

Conrad uses fres fresh juices for drinks while Hilton canned.
Staff is better trained at the Conrad.

The Spa is much better and actually cheaper at the Conrad.

I usually split my stay between the two properties. During my previous stays I got upgraded to suites every time at each property. This year neither one gave me a suite upgrade. But the renovated room at the Conrad was much nicer than the renovated room at the Hilton.
Beano likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:37 pm

Currently here, staying at one of the newly renovated ocean suites. Got to say, I liked this suite more than the Conrad Suites, fresh decor and fantastic views. Occupancy is low this week so zero noise from the pools. Rin is open for afternoon tea and dinner but closed this week for breakfast due to the lower occupancy but expected to be reopened next week. Loved the new Suku - finally its air conditioned! Noticed the middle section of the resort is closed for renovation. Ask for the East wing to avoid any potential noise from the renovation. And the staff are just amazing (they even went out of the way to fulfil a breakfast request that’s not on the menu and not charge extra), which is the reason why I’ve always come back here. As for upgrades, I think the more you stay, the better the upgrades would be. I’ve been here more than once yearly and have always been very well looked after.
Cynicor and Sinter like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
We stayed here last night and had an amazing stay as the staff were all very friendly, altho as many have said, the beach is not nice. The pool was fantastic though. I asked the front desk if Diamond elites have access to the Suites Pool in front of the Rin and he said yes. We got an upgrade to a renovated room in the east wing so it was a bit long to walk to the Rin Lounge for the afternoon tea and then back to the Conrad Suites Lounge for the happy hour. Rin is still closed for breakfast until further notice. The breakfast buffet at SUKU restaurant was great. There are also restaurants outside the hotel in case you want to eat outside
Cynicor and Sinter like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I hear a lot of people saying how the beach is not nice at the Conrad. What about it is not nice? The water is bad? The sand is dirty? The general "vibe" is unpleasant? What is it?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
I hear a lot of people saying how the beach is not nice at the Conrad. What about it is not nice? The water is bad? The sand is dirty? The general "vibe" is unpleasant? What is it?
Yes and Yes. Dirty, dark-ish sand, lots of sticks and twigs, occasional seaweed, sand isn't soft, etc. When the tide goes out it's borderline muck mud in parts. The water close in isn't remotely clear. Just an overall "dirty" vibe to it.

I'm a complete beach freak, I love saltwater and will take a beach chair and a swim in the ocean over the pool any day of the week. However in my 2 visits to Conrad Bali I barely set foot on the beach, it's just terrible and the pool grounds are so nice.

If you're expecting white sand with clear blue water, snorkeling off the beach, etc (ala Caribbean, Maldives, many islands in SE Asia, etc.) you will be sorely disappointed.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:08 pm

Agree. Beach is bad for all those reasons. It's not a beautiful white sand beach. I think it used to be a tidal mangrove before it was all bulldozed.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Agree. Beach is bad for all those reasons. It's not a beautiful white sand beach. I think it used to be a tidal mangrove before it was all bulldozed.
Where are the best beaches in Bali?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:00 am

Fly an extra 3.5 hours to Perth, Australia. Best beaches in the world, hands down
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Where are the best beaches in Bali?
Uluwatu would be your best bet. Not much of a beach but great surf and swim, water is clean. I booked Uber to get there from Conrad and kept the meter running for about 4 hrs, costing only about Aud$30.

Last edited by Aeolus; Feb 1, 2019 at 9:10 am
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:25 am

Hello, the new reviews here seem fairly mixed. Actually I am searching for a place to hold a blessing ceremony on Bali for my wife and me and her parents as guests, so 4 persons in total. As a Hilton Diamond member and after watching the pictures of the chapel I consider the Conrad Bali as place to go. However based on what I've read here I am not so sure anymore. Would you recommend this as a place for a blessing ceremony? We would also stay here for a couple of nights of course.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Aeolus

Uluwatu would be your best bet. Not much of a beach but great surf and swim, water is clean. I booked Uber to get there from Conrad and kept the meter running for about 4 hrs, costing only about Aud$30.
How long was the drive each way? How do you arrange for an Uber driver to wait and keep the meter running?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Kimsbrand
Hello, the new reviews here seem fairly mixed. Actually I am searching for a place to hold a blessing ceremony on Bali for my wife and me and her parents as guests, so 4 persons in total. As a Hilton Diamond member and after watching the pictures of the chapel I consider the Conrad Bali as place to go. However based on what I've read here I am not so sure anymore. Would you recommend this as a place for a blessing ceremony? We would also stay here for a couple of nights of course.
The chapel is cool and you have a direct ocean view. Be aware that the buildings next to the chapel were not renovated yet. It could be that construction work will start soon.
Cynicor and Kimsbrand like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:41 am

The hotel is great and the chapel is too. Renos may Ben happening there but best to ask the hotel specifically.
what parts are putting you off?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Does this hotel participate in the 5th night free for points stays?

i saw a rate of 52k per night, but then for a 5 night stay points booking it totaled 260k, instead of the 208k i was expecting. I'm HHGold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.