Conrad Bali {IDN}

Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyme2
If this is your first time in Bali, you'll most likely spend little time at the Conrad. The beach and surrounding area are not the best. However, as I have toured the whole island extensively, I am seeking nothing more than R & R, so the Conrad suits me just fine.
But isn't the Conrad kind of a bad value for that? By int'l standards it's not expensive, but by Balinese standards it seems very expensive -- like 2x "comparable" non-chain properties in better locations.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:18 pm

Not at all. It's comparable to the surrounding Nusa Dua hotels and is pretty good value for DIA.

Not sure which other areas you would say are better, or which hotels you'd suggest are half the price for similar product.

It's no dirt cheap Kuta/Seminyak hotel but there's a reason they are cheap.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by freppa87
There were some very recent reviews but you never really know when they stayed there. Is all of the renovations completed? I have a 8 night stay there in beginning of November so will report back after that.
Updating now that we've checked in (arrived yesterday). We got a Conrad twin suite upgrade from cheapest room booked Very nice and large room. We have access to the suites pool but I'm not sure we would've got it unless we got the upgrade. Renovations are ongoing but not disturbing us depends on how easily disturbed you are. Beach is not suitable to swim in water is full of debris and waste Afternoon tea and cocktails are excellent, breakfast is OK+ with a nice made-to-order menu.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Updating now that we've checked in (arrived yesterday). We got a Conrad twin suite upgrade from cheapest room booked Very nice and large room. We have access to the suites pool but I'm not sure we would've got it unless we got the upgrade. Renovations are ongoing but not disturbing us depends on how easily disturbed you are. Beach is not suitable to swim in water is full of debris and waste Afternoon tea and cocktails are excellent, breakfast is OK+ with a nice made-to-order menu.
Any word as to how much longer the renovations will be ongoing?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Any word as to how much longer the renovations will be ongoing?
No idea, they didn't mention. But from the looks of it it's a long way to go.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
No idea, they didn't mention. But from the looks of it it's a long way to go.
Weren't they supposed to be completed in August? Or is this a new set of renovations? Could you kindly ask them?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Weren't they supposed to be completed in August? Or is this a new set of renovations? Could you kindly ask them?
As is so often the case, revenue dictates timelines, and the ADR's in Bali are not as high as in other SEA resort areas, so completion dates are guesstimates at best. The work being conducted at the Conrad is quite low key and, apart from a couple of signs declaring, "No Access," one would hardly realize it was happening at all. The noise is minimal, we're not talking jack hammers or aerial cranes, just a dozen or less workers with hand and electric tools. Their work had little or no impact on guests during my six day visit.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:10 pm

Thanks for the update. Is it just general beautification type stuff/landscaping then? Any idea if material changes are still being made to anything?

just curious, I'll be there soon enough anyway
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Thanks for the update. Is it just general beautification type stuff/landscaping then? Any idea if material changes are still being made to anything?

just curious, I'll be there soon enough anyway
It's room refurbishment in one of the buildings.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I’m staying here as I write this...a few observations. The Central Wing is currently closed off completely and is being refurbished. It looks like they are completely gutting it. I did hear drilling and hammering while walking by the main pool this afternoon. I also heard jackhammering last night at 7pm while I was walking by. The South and Central Wings have been repainted from beige to a depressing gray...it looks a bit prison-like. I assume the North Wing will get the same refurbishment once the Central Wing is complete. All the exterior work is complete and the pools are back to normal. It is surprisingly empty here...there don’t seem to be many guests! All the restaurants were virtually devoid of people at dinner time.

I’m a Diamond, and I booked the cheapest room level. I was upgraded the evening before my arrival to a Resort Ocean Suite. I knew this was not an upgraded room, so I politely asked if anything was available in the Conrad Suites. Fortunately, the answer was yes! As it would take two hours to clean the Conrad Suite, they let me hang out in the Resort Ocean Suite they originally had planned for me. So glad I didn’t have to stay there. While it was a decent size, it looked VERY old in the tooth.

I do hope they plan to refurbish the Conrad Suites once they finish with the main hotel. It’s time for them to update this IKEA-like furniture and the 38 inch TVs. Also, rather disappointingly, RIN is closed for breakfast “until further notice”, so Conrad Suites guests have no choice but to trudge over to Suku. No construction noise to be heard from the Conrad Suites and pool...quiet and peaceful here! And yes I was asked for name and room number when using the Suites pool.

Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:14 am

RIN closed for breakfast? Are you kidding?

Oh no, I've booked Conrad Suites because of the pool and "private breakfast". It is clearly stated on the website. And now? Is breakfast at Suku very loud and crowded?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:26 am

It doesn't feel too loud or crowded, I reckon. It's obviously variable but it's quite large so it spreads out ok. Maybe the OP of that info could ask when it's reopening?
(My guess is it's closed until occupancy is high)
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
RIN closed for breakfast? Are you kidding?

Oh no, I've booked Conrad Suites because of the pool and "private breakfast". It is clearly stated on the website. And now? Is breakfast at Suku very loud and crowded?
It is a shame tat RIN is closed, although I found the buffet always to be very mediocre. The a la carte options however were always good.
The info about RIN being closed was also posted way back in this thread, so it is not actually new news.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:46 am

It closes and opens based on suites occupancy I think, so pretty sure it's been reopened in between those posts. The buffet was good for the indonesian chicken soup though!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:06 am

I think this is really poor. I‘ve booked Conrad Suites because I love breakfast at Rin very much and want to use Conrad Suites Pool.

On the website it is clearly stated for Conrad Suites: „breakfast at Conrad Suites Lounge“. The same in my booking. I think that this is a nogo.

Breakfast at RIN is awesome and very private. So I am totally dissapointed but it is a prepaid rate

I even asked for the breakfast if it still existists at RIN a couple of weeks ago and the answer was not no.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.