Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by FlugE
Got upgraded from basic suite to presidential on last stay. When did this so called global policy take place?
Those are his words, it's certainly not the case in many properties. I stay in enough Hilton/Conrad Hotels where the general policy is a one-level upgrade, so basic rooms do not, in general, upgrade to suites.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Sorry meant that is my global policy as a Diamond. Apologies for the confusion.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Got upgraded from basic suite to presidential on last stay. When did this so called global policy take place?
"delete"
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:23 pm
Suspended

So did you ask when checking in for this, or did they hotel upgrade you on its own? Have a points stay there end of May. Have booked Conrad ocean suite based on the fact that I rarely see upgrades and wanted a nice room. Am curious if you were insistent on an upgrade or there were some extenuating circumstances?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SQ88

What a strange policy indeed. If I had known, there’s no way I would have booked Conrad Suites outright. I would have saved the money for a nice dinner and massage.

I’m headed there in a few days. Will certainly report back on what happens if I push for an upgrade.
Booked 2 nights in a Conrad Suite and another night in a Villa. Got exactly what I booked despite pushing for an upgrade. I was told that they do not upgrade Conrad Suite and higher despite them admitting that the hotel was at very low occupancy.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by sbams
Those are his words, it's certainly not the case in many properties. I stay in enough Hilton/Conrad Hotels where the general policy is a one-level upgrade, so basic rooms do not, in general, upgrade to suites.
In Indonesia, I often get upgrades to suites at Hilton properties. Even when booking a basic room, or base room on points. If this property is not upgrading to entry level suites for diamonds when they are at low occupancy, I don’t know why they would book here.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:33 pm

Remodel Update

Is anyone there or recently been? It has been a while since there have been any updates on what is going on. Is it true the lagoon, main pool and beach are all closed? In October i saw some had posted that was to happen this march when they went but as i am hoping to go in a couple weeks, I would love an eyewitness account of what the details are. Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
In Indonesia, I often get upgrades to suites at Hilton properties. Even when booking a basic room, or base room on points. If this property is not upgrading to entry level suites for diamonds when they are at low occupancy, I don’t know why they would book here.
this is my thought as well.

we're considering taking advantage of our diamond benefit while we still have it--it'll expire in april--and we had a stellar stay here a few years ago, as a diamond booking a basic room and getting a suite. i'm a bit concerned by something upthread: does this hotel still upgrade diamonds in basic categories to suites, or not? (assuming availability, of course).

edited to add: gosh, it doesn't seem promising, and i've canceled.

we made a booking (ocean view room, all categories available including suites) but canceled it. after reading recent reviews on trip advisor from people who have lots of reviews, not the occasional travelers, and seeing that the gm himself posted upthread about suites not being in the upgrade pool, i think i'll use my diamond status--and my dollars--elsewhere. it's a pity, as this hotel was in our 'top five greatest stays' due to the suite upgrade, the diamond amenities and the excellent service we received when we were here before.

jasonbrockman, in the absence of anyone else stepping forward, obviously i haven't seen it, but many of the reviews i read mention the construction, and even if they weren't happy with other aspects of their stay they pretty much all state that construction wasn't a problem, although two pools are closed and i'm unclear about which restaurants are indeed open.

Last edited by karenkay; Feb 24, 2018 at 4:01 pm
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
FWIW, I was upgraded from basic room to suite as a Diamond - this was in Sep 2017. But yeah, have seen all the posts that indicate it's rare... not sure how they decide who gets upgraded!

Hotel Review: Conrad Bali (Conrad Suite Twin) - The MileLion

Originally Posted by karenkay
this is my thought as well.

we're considering taking advantage of our diamond benefit while we still have it--it'll expire in april--and we had a stellar stay here a few years ago, as a diamond booking a basic room and getting a suite. i'm a bit concerned by something upthread: does this hotel still upgrade diamonds in basic categories to suites, or not? (assuming availability, of course).

edited to add: gosh, it doesn't seem promising, and i've canceled.

we made a booking (ocean view room, all categories available including suites) but canceled it. after reading recent reviews on trip advisor from people who have lots of reviews, not the occasional travelers, and seeing that the gm himself posted upthread about suites not being in the upgrade pool, i think i'll use my diamond status--and my dollars--elsewhere. it's a pity, as this hotel was in our 'top five greatest stays' due to the suite upgrade, the diamond amenities and the excellent service we received when we were here before.

jasonbrockman, in the absence of anyone else stepping forward, obviously i haven't seen it, but many of the reviews i read mention the construction, and even if they weren't happy with other aspects of their stay they pretty much all state that construction wasn't a problem, although two pools are closed and i'm unclear about which restaurants are indeed open.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:07 pm

I don't think it's that rare, but very much hit and miss. I have been upgraded from base room to top suite in the resort side, or offered base Conrad Suite otherwise, every stay as a diamond.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Checked in as diamond 3 days ago after booking base room. I was offered upgrade to Conrad suit for as little as 100 USD extra per night. Refused and did not get any upgrade. Rules are very flexible and depend on sth. what I don`t understand.
not2017 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ukus
Checked in as diamond 3 days ago after booking base room. I was offered upgrade to Conrad suit for as little as 100 USD extra per night. Refused and did not get any upgrade. Rules are very flexible and depend on sth. what I don`t understand.
Please report back with how the renovations are proceeding there. Just received an email that phase 2 is beginning April 1st and the lagoon pools and the main pool will be closed? I don't even know what pools are now going to be open when I take my family there end of May!?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:30 pm

I assume just the spa pool
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I assume just the spa pool
I don't know if you are being facetious, but it sounds like you may be correct. Email stated spa pool for adults and Conrad suites pool for guests staying in that area. They did however pony up a whopping 25% discount off spa services during the stay and some new beach club is supposed to be opening April 1st. Even though from what reviews I have read the beach at the resort is not so good.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:14 pm

One imagines they open it to all.
No idea why you would think I was being facetious, it's the only pool left so it makes sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.