Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by MrLee
Thank you, I've done as you suggested and booked a night at the HGI for when I arrive. By doing that, though, I feel like I have no option but to stay at the Hilton Bali. If I was to book 2 nights at the Conrad it's now working out at 55k points.

Is one hotel better than the other for location, in terms of me just being able to step out of the resort and go for a wander to find something to eat and do? Or will I need to get taxi's with whichever one I stay?
They both look fairly close to each other, so I'm not sure if there's any advantage to be had there.
Like I said, I haven't stayed at the Hilton (yet) but I know where it is and I have been in the area by scooter a few times. The Hilton has some lovely beaches around it while the Conrad is on a 'not so nice' strip of beach. The Conrad has a few shops and restaurants around that you can walk to, but it is not really a 'nice area'.
Both hotels have a free shuttle to 'Bali Collection' (outdoor shopping/entertainment centre) about once an hour and there are plenty of shops and places to eat, to me this sounds sufficient for a 2 days stay to 'get away from the hotel' so I think you are making a good choice by picking the Hilton...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
The beach is pretty decent at the Hilton Bali Resort.

Both places have taxi's easily available. Normal Blue Bird taxi's are pretty cheap, and Uber and Grab are there too. Some hotels may not let Uber's in, but most Uber's are smart enough not to admit being an Uber, just will say they're your driver.

I'd give the nod to the Hilton Bali Resort, as they have a much better attitude towards Diamonds. If you catch the hotel during a sale, the price can often be $100-$120 a night. Book a standard room, and request an upgrade.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
My last stay at the Conrad in Dec was fine as Diamond. Location is OK but not near anything of interest. But in 2 days you're not going to miss much either, easy to book a trip one day and an uber for the other evening. Lounge is fine. Only downside in respect to other stays was no upgrade to Conrad Suites, but the King Resort Suite was good in all respects.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:50 pm

I'm not sure what other perceive as a poor attitude to diamonds at the Conrad, but I'm basically treated like royalty whenever I or even my family go!

As a diamond I always get s suite upgrade, access to the lounge and associated pool and all the various perks. Overall I'd say it's the best general diamind treatment of any hotel in the chain I've experienced so far (I mostly stay in EU and Asian Conrads).

The Conrad spa sis very nice with its own private pool and spa area which you may use after the treatment, and I've never seen anyone else in the pool. Ever.

I think the biggest downsides- it's large (but doesn't feel crowded) so if you aren't keen on waking then it might be a bit big for you. The rooms are getting tired but are fully functional and very comfortable. It's more just standard tropical wear and tear, similar to most hotels in a similar price range in the tropics.
The beach isn't great. In fact it sucks, but I go for the pools. I don't feel anywhere in Nusa Dua has very good beaches (but I'm from AU).
They only have 3 restaurants so if you are the sort of person to not leave the resort then you don't have a tonne of options.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
As a diamond I always get s suite upgrade, access to the lounge and associated pool and all the various perks. Overall I'd say it's the best general diamind treatment of any hotel in the chain I've experienced so far (I mostly stay in EU and Asian Conrads).
This hotel has the most wonderful staff and I also feel treated like royalty. I have stayed four times at this hotel in the past three years. As a Diamond, I have always received a complimentary upgrade to the Conrad Suites.

I will be returning again in 2017, but this time I need to pay a surcharge to stay in the Conrad Suites. As a result, instead of 10 nights, I will be staying only three nights at the Conrad Bali - primarily so that I can see the staff again. I will spend the other nights at the St. Regis and the Hilton Bali Resort.

I'm curious if anyone has stayed at the Conrad Bali in 2017 and not had to pay a surcharge to stay at the Conrad Suites.

Last edited by bamboola; Mar 30, 2017 at 6:27 pm
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by MrLee
Thank you, I've done as you suggested and booked a night at the HGI for when I arrive. By doing that, though, I feel like I have no option but to stay at the Hilton Bali. If I was to book 2 nights at the Conrad it's now working out at 55k points.

Is one hotel better than the other for location, in terms of me just being able to step out of the resort and go for a wander to find something to eat and do? Or will I need to get taxi's with whichever one I stay?
They both look fairly close to each other, so I'm not sure if there's any advantage to be had there.
I stayed at Hilton Bali last Feb, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere.
You will need to take a taxi/uber to go anywhere.

They do have an hourly shuttle going to the Bali Collection 'mall' which located inside the Nusa Dua complex

I drive past Conrad when going to Bumbu Bali (which will pick you up at your hotel if you make a reservation with them), and the area looks more lively with mini mart and bar/cafe on either side of the hotel
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:38 pm

on that note, I'm planning to stay here next May

as a gold I don't expect any special treatment, so just want to check whether booking the Suite worth it compared to the normal room?

I read that there are facilities that are Suite only (lounge,beach,pool, etc) does it make a big difference ?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by sandyph
on that note, I'm planning to stay here next May

as a gold I don't expect any special treatment, so just want to check whether booking the Suite worth it compared to the normal room?

I read that there are facilities that are Suite only (lounge,beach,pool, etc) does it make a big difference ?
We're a family of 4 and our stays have been for a week - usually after spending another week elsewhere in Asia before hand.

The free laundry service (unlimited) that comes with the Suites has been invaluable to us. We're also just Golds, so the happy hour cocktails and snacks in the lobby, which I don't think we would otherwise qualify for, have also been of value. For these two reasons alone, we would always pay to stay in the Suites, and the large, upscale rooms are just icing on the cake.

That said, given the no children policy in the Suites lounge, pool, and breakfast area, we may never stay here again. The suites are a fairly long walk to the lobby and restaurant and we've had a few unpleasant wet walks.

Once, there was no umbrella to be found in our room, so we stopped into the empty Suites lounge (or was it Rin? I don't know, having never seen the inside) to ask for 1 or 2, so that we could go to breakfast. Seeing the empty suites lounge, having to mess around with umbrellas and knowing we paid for the most expensive rooms at the hotel just didn't sit well with me. I mean, I didn't expect anyone to bend the rules for us, but not being able to use these premium facilities, especially when they are empty and we're facing a long hike to breakfast with 2 kids in tow, in a downpour, made me think, screw this, next time we're staying somewhere else.

Also, the hotel aggressively markets to weddings. When there are weddings, the beachfront and penthouse suites are often given to these guests, so forget about any sort of upgrade to a nicer suite. There is often loud music, right outside your rooms, until 10 or even 11pm. Not my idea of fun.

So, all in all, I'm torn. I love the hotel, love the staff, love the Suites, but I'm thinking for premium spend, we may be able to do better elsewhere.

Last edited by work2fly; Mar 31, 2017 at 10:08 am
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
No Longer Pricing in USD

I have an upcoming stay at the Conrad Bali and just noticed the currency changed on my reservation to IDR as it was in USD when I booked (actually less for me now than when it was in USD). Is anyone aware of the background of this change?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by N104UA
I have an upcoming stay at the Conrad Bali and just noticed the currency changed on my reservation to IDR as it was in USD when I booked (actually less for me now than when it was in USD). Is anyone aware of the background of this change?
A year or two ago Indonesia mandated that all charges would be in local currency. Many hotels were still charging in USD and then converting. Perhaps they've changed the rule?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by work2fly
We're a family of 4 and our stays have been for a week - usually after spending another week elsewhere in Asia before hand.

The free laundry service (unlimited) that comes with the Suites has been invaluable to us. We're also just Golds, so the happy hour cocktails and snacks in the lobby, which I don't think we would otherwise qualify for, have also been of value. For these two reasons alone, we would always pay to stay in the Suites, and the large, upscale rooms are just icing on the cake.

That said, given the no children policy in the Suites lounge, pool, and breakfast area, we may never stay here again. The suites are a fairly long walk to the lobby and restaurant and we've had a few unpleasant wet walks.

Once, there was no umbrella to be found in our room, so we stopped into the empty Suites lounge (or was it Rin? I don't know, having never seen the inside) to ask for 1 or 2, so that we could go to breakfast. Seeing the empty suites lounge, having to mess around with umbrellas and knowing we paid for the most expensive rooms at the hotel just didn't sit well with me. I mean, I didn't expect anyone to bend the rules for us, but not being able to use these premium facilities, especially when they are empty and we're facing a long hike to breakfast with 2 kids in tow, in a downpour, made me think, screw this, next time we're staying somewhere else.

Also, the hotel aggressively markets to weddings. When there are weddings, the beachfront and penthouse suites are often given to these guests, so forget about any sort of upgrade to a nicer suite. There is often loud music, right outside your rooms, until 10 or even 11pm. Not my idea of fun.

So, all in all, I'm torn. I love the hotel, love the staff, love the Suites, but I'm thinking for premium spend, we may be able to do better elsewhere.
thanks for the information

I will be traveling with my 3 years old so based on what you've written there I believe the normal room are more suitable for us
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA
Staying here next week in a suite for 5 days. If anyone wants me to find out any information then reply here. Got a cracking deal on an ocean suite king.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by Numb3rs
Staying here next week in a suite for 5 days. If anyone wants me to find out any information then reply here. Got a cracking deal on an ocean suite king.
Would love to hear about the deal you got. Cheers.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Originally Posted by earlyriser
Would love to hear about the deal you got. Cheers.

Last edited by NotTellYou; Apr 13, 2017 at 10:01 am
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Numb3rs
I'm booked into an Ocean Suite King next month. Would be grateful of any info on any pointers on best room location to request. I have already asked the hotel not to upgrade me into the Conrad Suite as we have a child with us so want to stay in the main part of the resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.