Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wroclaw {POL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wroclaw {POL}

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wroclaw {POL}

Doubletree by Hilton Wroclaw, Poland

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Podwale 84, 50-414 Wroc?aw, Poland PL

DoubleTree by Hilton Wroclaw (10 Photos)

Hi All,

Thought I would tell you about my stay at the Doubletree Wroclaw for a night, as there is no review on Flyer talk.

Very modern Hotel just about 5 minute walk from old town next to a shopping complex, it took about 45 mins on public transport to reach from airport.

Very impressive lobby and welcomed and quickly checked in.

It appears the hotel has part of the building and the rooms are on the first and second floor of the whole building.

Booked a basic room under the old points and cash and was upgraded, the room was a suite on the second floor.

The windows did not open, the room was very impressive, very modern. The executive lounge was on the second floor and offered two hot selection along with dishes of salads etc.

Breakfast was taken in the main modern restaurant on the ground floor and was very substantial.

My one night was too short at this hotel and the city, I am in the process of booking a return visit.

I can only highly recommend this Hotel another Gem in Poland and it deserves to be tried.

Will try to answer any questions.

Basset

Some pics not very good, have to learn to do better.

Room

20170428_131811.jpg20170428_131844.jpg20170428_131855.jpg20170428_131916.jpg

Dining

Breakfast20170429_081302.jpg20170429_081306.jpg20170429_081312.jpg

Service

Excutive Lounge20170428_140318.jpg20170428_140342.jpg1_20170428_180128.jpg

DoubleTree by Hilton Wroclaw

Would you like to write a review on the Doubletree by Hilton Wroclaw, Poland?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:27 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Review: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wrocław

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Podwale 84, 50-414 Wroc?aw, Poland PL

Review: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wroclaw (25 Photos)

The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wroclaw opened recently (in mid-2016). The hotel is part of the new Ovo building complex (occupying part of the ground floor, and the 1st and 2nd floors) situated in the city centre opposite the Galeria shopping centre.

The Ovo building complex has a uniquely designed futuristic white exterior.

DSCF4783.JPG

Check In

The front desk associate was very friendly. I was given the signature DoubleTree cookie and a welcome letter. I also received a voucher for a complimentary drink (beer, soft drink, tea or coffee) or tapas (or alternatively a 10% off discount) in the Ovo bar, and another coupon offering 500 bonus Hilton Honors points on spending at least 120 zloty at the Ovo bar or restaurant. I was asked about the purpose of my stay in Wroclaw, after which the front desk associate offered me some maps/tourist information leaflets, which I thought was a nice gesture.

Unfortunately, apart from my check-in experience, my interaction with other staff members at the front desk during my stay was quite different. They were very unfriendly and never smiled.

The hotel has a minimalist, modern white design, with modern art multimedia displays in the corridors.

DSCF4902.JPG

DSCF4904.JPG

DSCF4909.JPG

Layout of the hotel:

DSCF4912.JPG

Twin Executive Room

As a Diamond member, I received a one-category upgrade from a standard room to an Executive room.

The furnishings in the room were in line with the hotel’s minimalist, modern design. The bed and chairs were very comfortable.

DSCF4695.JPG

DSCF4693.JPG

There wasn’t much of a view from the room:

DSCF4694.JPG

Bathroom (with the standard Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries available in DoubleTree properties):

DSCF4689.JPG

DSCF4697.JPG

As I posted in this thread, the wifi speed in the room was satisfactory.

Executive Lounge

The Executive Lounge is situated on the 2nd floor and is open daily from 6am to 11pm. Access to the Lounge is by key card. Although there is a reception desk at the entrance to the Lounge (as shown in the photo below), it was never staffed during my stay.

DSCF4683.JPG

View from the Executive Lounge of the inner courtyard inside the Ovo building complex:

DSCF4684.JPG

Throughout the day, tea/coffee, fruit juice, soft drinks and mineral water, as well as snacks (tortilla chips, nuts, pretzels, cereal bars, fresh fruit etc), were available.

DSCF4798.JPG

The breakfast buffet (6:30 - 10am) featured 4 hot items (bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, grilled vegetables), cold cuts/smoked salmon, cereal, yoghurt, pastries etc.

Happy Hour is from 6 to 8pm, with a variety of drinks (including wine, sparkling wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, juice etc), two hot dishes (such as grilled chicken and egg omelette), canapes/sandwiches, condiments, bread and dessert/cake on offer. During Happy Hour, the Lounge was quite crowded, but the one staff member nonetheless did a good job of clearing used plates/cutlery and refilling the food items.

DSCF4769.JPG

DSCF4768.JPG

DSCF4770.JPG

Breakfast

As a Diamond member, breakfast was complimentary (either in the Executive Lounge or the full breakfast buffet in the restaurant).

The breakfast buffet is available in the Ovo restaurant on the ground floor.

DSCF4900.JPG

Service in the Ovo restaurant was not particularly friendly. A member of staff asked for my room number at the entrance to the restaurant, but did not show me a table. As the restaurant was very busy, it would have made it

There was a very wide selection of food and drinks – cooked items (bacon, sausages, grilled vegetables, mushrooms, hash browns, scrambled eggs, pancakes), an egg station (where omelettes were made to order), cold cuts, smoked salmon, cheese, bread, pastries, fresh fruit, yoghurt, Bircher muesli, cornflakes etc.

1_DSCF4787.JPG

1_DSCF4791.JPG

1_DSCF4788.JPG

1_DSCF4790.JPG

1_DSCF4789.JPG

Facilities

The fitness centre is open 24/7 and situated on the first floor (underneath the Executive Lounge).

DSCF4792.JPG

DSCF4794.JPG

Hotel guests can access the Holmes Place health club (situated in the basement of the hotel) free of charge using a dedicated lift from the hotel. It is open from 6am to 10pm (weekdays) and from 9am to 9pm (weekends). There is an indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.

There are 2 Mac computers in the lobby which hotel guests can use.

The hotel is very conveniently situated in the city centre of Wroclaw within short walking distance of the main tourist sights. There are two tram stops just outside the Galeria Dominikanska shopping centre, which is opposite the hotel.

View of the hotel/Ovo building complex from the tram stop on the main road (Owalska):

DSCF4899.JPG

Overall

I requested a 2pm late checkout, which was granted without difficulty.

Overall, I thought the hard product was excellent (a modern hotel with good facilities, and great offerings in the Executive Lounge and at the breakfast buffet). The front desk associate at check-in, the staff in the Executive Lounge during Happy Hour and the staff in the Holmes Place health club were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the other staff I encountered at the front desk and in the Ovo restaurant at breakfast were not so friendly. Nonetheless, I would recommend this modern, centrally located hotel.

Review: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wroclaw

Would you like to write a review on the Doubletree by Hilton Wroclaw, Poland?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately DT WRO seems have joined the hotel without a lounge club. It's been closed for ages and there are no plans to re-open it, even though occupancy was high this summer.

Rates are back to what they used to be- high.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by hugolover
Unfortunately DT WRO seems have joined the hotel without a lounge club. It's been closed for ages and there are no plans to re-open it, even though occupancy was high this summer.

Rates are back to what they used to be- high.
Bad news, really enjoyed our stay here (about 3 years ago over the Easter weekend), would have loved to go back one day but will have to cancel these plans :-(
Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes it’s crap. I’ve been wanting to go back when they re-opened it.

Krakow is open, Warsaw has been replaced by the bar/room service during this entire period, Wroclaw nothing. Like Warsaw it’s also corporate managed.

However in Wroclaw, I’m not aware of a competitor with a lounge.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the Info Hugolover,

Been back many times to this Hotel since I started this, thought there were more comments on this Hotel. I am looking forward to getting back to Poland soon will keep an eye out for updates on lounges.

Might not bother to chase Diamond next year if this continues.

Thanks Basset
hugolover and Delectatio like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
Just finished a 4 night stay here, thought I would write up my experiance as there are not many Covid era reviews. It won't be as professional as the one above but I'll give it a go!

Check in / welcome: I had booked a dulexe room as it wasn't much more expsenive than a standard king guest. One day before I was upgraded to a Junior Suite. I was also given a welcome letter and 2 x drink vouchers for the bar. I was told that there is free drinks and food in the resteruant from 6 - 8 each night as a lounge replacement (more on that below). They don't seem to be selling exec rooms currently so this not sure if this is just something they do for diamonds or also for those staying in suites. I was given driections to the jacazzi and spa etc but did not use those on my trip. Cookie received as well.

Room : The Junior suite was very large, with wall length window as well as a couch, two comfy chairs, and huge bed. There was a big desk space as well. The bathroom contained a walk in shower but no bath. Although the window is huge I was on the entrace side so could mostly see road with a bit of the park. There is daily housekeeping here with milk,coffee etc top ups, something I've not seen UK hiltons bring back yet.

Breakfast: Breakfast seems to be back to full service (maybe they never stopped)

, there is loads of options of cereals, breads, cold meats and fish, cheeses, fruit, yogurt etc as well as the cooked sausages and bacon, waffles, pancakes and the egg station for fried eggs or omulettes. I espically liked the orange juice which tasted freezly squeezed and the fact that they had full size glasses for juice rather than following the practice of some hiltons in the UK that give you a little tumbler that holds not more than a shot glass worth of juice!

Exec lounge service: The Exec lounge is still closed and you can go the resteraunt instead from 6-8. You can order from the bar, I was trying to find out what drinks are included in the exec lounge service but had some issues with language gap, although I was given vodka no problem. They also bring you some food, in my case it was tomato soup, a plate of 3 cheese wedges (blue and brie not my favorite), some ham, and gherkins. Picture attached There was also some Chicken skewers with satay sauce. I only did this one night as on Thursday and Friday the bar area was very busy and loud and not the nice atmosphere of an evening drink in the lounge.

My main reason of visit was the Christmas markets and the hotel is less than 10 minutes walk from the start of them so it worked out very well for me. I would happily come back but I suspect the lounge is going to get phased out which is a shame.

alextl likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for such an informative post

The lounge is most peculiar, they never had a very generous food and drink offer and it was typically staffed by only one person in the evening with someone looking in during the day, therefore to not open it, it’s rather sad
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Is the executive lounge still closed here? Any alternatives offered? I see they sell executive rooms for a higher price...? Executive lounge also listed on their page but no further info...
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, it’s open but it’s poor.
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Any recent stays?

I was going to book the DT, but am now considering the Wyndham in Old Town. Their rate is a tad less with breakfast included. It would be an easier walk to/from the Christmas market if weather is unpleasant.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by boxo
Any recent stays?

I was going to book the DT, but am now considering the Wyndham in Old Town. Their rate is a tad less with breakfast included. It would be an easier walk to/from the Christmas market if weather is unpleasant.

Hi,

No stays but would point out that as a Diamond you will get full breakfast at the DT ( the $ F&B credit is only in the US ( and some canadian hotels)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 7, 2023, 1:19 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The MGallery in Wroclaw is an excellent property, see topic in the Accor forum.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by boxo
Any recent stays?

DoubleTree is just 15 minutes walk from the main Rynek, I certainly wouldn't worry about the location. And the obvious benefit is that you won't run into crowds of tourists whenever you leave the hotel.

(That being said, based on repeated stays, I prefer Radisson Blu over Doubletree in Wroclaw. The location is similar though.)
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

No stays but would point out that as a Diamond you will get full breakfast at the DT ( the $ F&B credit is only in the US ( and some canadian hotels)

Regards

TBS
Just curious as to if you're 100% on this - there is at least one review on google stating that Diamond members do not receive breakfast at this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.