Conrad Bali {IDN}

Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
@freppa. Also, after renovation? It hinkt it was recently finished.
There were some very recent reviews but you never really know when they stayed there. Is all of the renovations completed? I have a 8 night stay there in beginning of November so will report back after that.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
After cancelling our Conrad booking and booking the Hilton (sitting in their lounge now) I cant say we regret our choice. Self service open bar, amazing staff, sea views from the lounge. Lovely upgraded renovated sea view room and we havent noticed the renovations... 😁
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Delectatio
After cancelling our Conrad booking and booking the Hilton (sitting in their lounge now) I cant say we regret our choice. Self service open bar, amazing staff, sea views from the lounge. Lovely upgraded renovated sea view room and we havent noticed the renovations... 😁
Was it just the price that convinced you to switch, or was there something else? What was the price differential between Conrad and Hilton?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Are the renovations done at the Conrad yet? Several dispatches from TripAdvisor posted this week (10/18) state that construction is still happening.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by hugolover
There will be a new Conrad on Nusa Pernida. So that makes two Conrads. Plus two Waldorf's coming in Bali. A lot of luxury properties.
Ok, this Nusa Penida Conrad - is that theoretical, or to be found on a Hilton coming soon page?

i ask because I just got back from NP last night and frankly found it... uhh... Id have to use terms that would make me sound privileged and insensitive. If theres gonna be a Conrad, they need to get, say, toilet paper and roads first. Unless its a seaside resort with its own boat from Sanur... very few five star guests are going to be excited about donkey trail single lane transport to the hotel. Im pretty okay with adventure travel but NP is mighty 3rd world and scrubby everywhere but the selfie-stick instagram infested photo op spots. I found it sad. Instead of appreciating the natural beauty that is unmistakably there, its all breakneck driving from one overcrowded Insta pic spot to the next. Hundreds of girls in flowy dresses and just-so hair tosses and poses, waiting in packed lines to step up to the photo op spot, cropping out the crowds so it looks like theyre on a deserted island, captured by their photographer/boyfriends to collect the view without actually seeing it. I know this is a rant, but... meh.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Was it just the price that convinced you to switch, or was there something else? What was the price differential between Conrad and Hilton?
We had a double booking at the Conrad and Hilton at first. Similarly priced but Hilton being slightly cheaper. About 1500 IDR ++ versus 1400 IDR ++

I was a bit irritated after Conrad Bali started to send me several 'promotional' emails to sell massages, diners etc. They also told me that Diamond guests are no longer allowed to use the Suites pool.
They even tried to call me several times (we were already in Bali and I wasn't in a hurry to pick up oversea calls that would cost me 4 EUR/minute) to 'verify my flight details'. Plain annoying.

At exactly that time I saw that several nights at the Hilton were priced at 880++ non refundable. As we were already in Bali, I canceled my refundable bookings at Conrad and Hilton and rebooked the Hilton non-refundable rates.
Hilton wasn't without its faults (they are still renovating) but we really enjoyed our stay and if we return to Bali we will most probable stay at the Hilton again...
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:29 am

Are there any recent news if Conrad Suites Pool usage is allowed?

Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:56 pm

Are there any recent news if Conrad Suites Pool usage is allowed?

Thanks!
I'm currently on property, having booked a five night awards stay. I was upgraded to the Conrad Suites and have full access to all pools at the resort, including the aforementioned Suites Pool. There are still some ongoing renovations, but they are very low key and cause no disturbance. I have been treated very well, and staff address me by name and remember my preferences, both in the Executive Lounge and at the restaurant. I am quite happy here.
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:07 pm

Sorry, for clarity the question is around suites pool access for diamonds NOT in suites, which used to be allowed.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:00 pm

I am a Diamond, and received the upgrade due to this status. If a Diamond member does not receive such an upgrade, I don't see a problem using the Suites Pool, as I have never been asked for my room number, nor have I observed other guests being asked to provide same. It is currently very under utilized, with never more than six or seven couples at any given time, more often only three or four.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:08 pm

Suites Pool this morning...

Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyme2
... I have never been asked for my room number,....
Well, this morning I WAS asked for my room number, albeit by an employee I hadn't yet encountered.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:35 am

So, I am there in two weeks and will give an update....
Cynicor likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:50 am

Hey, what dates? I'm there too, just over 2 weeks!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:02 am

So, I am there in two weeks and will give an update....
If this is your first time in Bali, you'll most likely spend little time at the Conrad. The beach and surrounding area are not the best. However, as I have toured the whole island extensively, I am seeking nothing more than R & R, so the Conrad suits me just fine. The suites in the "Conrad Suites" pavilion are still original, but, if mine is indicative of the others, they are in excellent condition, very large and tastefully decorated, IMHO. My stay has been very restful, with occupancy rates rather low. Breakfast is quite extensive, and keeps me satiated for the day, due to my waning appetite. I haven't been to afternoon tea, and I don't eat anything in the Executive Lounge, just sip my evening scotch or two. I tried the red wine, but it was local, and not of a high standard. Beverages, snacks and canaps are delivered to each guest. It is not self serve, if that matters to anyone. I am looking into spending a month or so in one of the Hilton or competing properties to escape winter in northeast. This could certainly be a contender.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.