Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by Joroy70
So Whats the consensus for Bali, Any of the 2 Hiltons? Or other properties?
My vote is avoid both Hilton properties until renovations are complete(sometime in August,September 2018)
Old May 21, 2018, 3:55 pm

Damn going there late Sepember, any other place to recommand if renovations not finished?
Old May 21, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
I was there last month, renovations were in full swing. The main pool area and all rooms in that wing were cordoned off.

I hardly noticed it however: they upgraded me to a Conrad suite. The Conrad Suites occupies its own wing with its own pool, absolutely lovely lounge (feels more like an oversized drawing room), a dedicated restaurant (where you could have breakfast), and its own car drop-off/pick-up area. The adult-only spa pool (i.e. accessible through the spa) is also open.

The property is huge for walking around, even with the main pool area closed, with a long stretch of private beach. Spa, tennis court and shops are still open. So is waiting lounge (for guests with late night flights) equipped with library and pool table (or was it ping-pong table?).

Unless the main pool is of paramount importance, I think you will enjoy your stay here. I sure enjoyed mine, 31k Honors point well spent.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by Joroy70
Damn going there late Sepember, any other place to recommand if renovations not finished?
You should contact the hotel. AFAIK the renovations will be completed by then. If not I would not spend a dime on a hotel that is undergoing renovations when traveling for leisure. Especially when the location features so many other choices. If you are completely brand loyal or intent on using points then go for it. To me I find the fact that they have all but 2 pools closed and the suites pool which is supposed to be exclusive to adults (13+) open to every one in the suites a huge negative. In addition to that, the hotel seems to be upgrading every one they can to the suites so that completely destroys the exclusivity of the suites now. I believe when renovations are complete the hotel will be a very good option once again. Of course now there will be a nice price/points premium.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
To me I find the fact that they have all but 2 pools closed and the suites pool which is supposed to be exclusive to adults (13+) open to every one in the suites a huge negative. In addition to that, the hotel seems to be upgrading every one they can to the suites so that completely destroys the exclusivity of the suites now. I believe when renovations are complete the hotel will be a very good option once again. Of course now there will be a nice price/points premium.
During my stay there last month, the maximum number of people at the spa pool was maybe 6-7 at any given time. During the happy hour everybody disappeared and we had the pool to ourselves
I was also ticked off when I found out that the main pool is closed. However, we really enjoyed our stay there and we didn't see nor hear the constructions going on.
I would go there in a heart beat again even with the construction going on.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
As a HH Gold what is the preferred stategy for booking rooms at this hotel.

Shoud I expect gauranteed lounge access even when booking a low category room?
Should I expect just a 1 category room upgrade or are they usually more generous?

FYI - Yes I do realise I should book the room I want with lounge access included, but then what is the point of loyalty benefits.
Thanks in advance
Old May 31, 2018, 4:32 pm

It's a fair question, I agree. Unfortunately the way the resort works, there is no upgrade to a lounge access room for golds, normally. They barely will upgrade diamond to the suites so a gold has slightly over 0 chance.

You can book a base room abd pay for lounge access, which isn't the same one as the diamonds and suites get, and no extra pool access, or pay for the suites.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:33 pm

And even diamonds don't get upgrades in the suites if a suite is booked- so book the one you want there too!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Contact details for an Asia Area Manager

Just had an exceptional experience at the Conrad Bali - the GM went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable.

He did not need to do any of the the stuff he did - so we would like to pass our compliments onto his manager

Does anyone have a job title that he would report to - and a contact address , it can be an email or a snail mail.

Many thanks in advance
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by adampenrith
Just had an exceptional experience at the Conrad Bali - the GM went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable.

He did not need to do any of the the stuff he did - so we would like to pass our compliments onto his manager

Does anyone have a job title that he would report to - and a contact address , it can be an email or a snail mail.

Many thanks in advance
Could be Hilton's Vice President of Operations - Luxury, Asia Pacifi, Daniel Welk.

firstname.surname(at)hilton(dot)com
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:54 am

Doesnt anyone getting upgraded at this moment cause of renovations?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The info I have is the GM for Indonesia is Nils-Arne Schroeder who in turn reports to VP for South East Asia who is Paul Hutton. Area President for APAC is Alan Watts. I'd suggest Schroeder or Hutton.

Usual format for email as already indicated. (so nils-arne.sch.. @hilton.com)

Welk doesn't seem to have anything to do with Indonesia.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I'm Gold and got upgraded to Suites last month.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by bwiadca
I'm Gold and got upgraded to Suites last month.
wow
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I think I'll give this Bali thing a try, split stays between the three properties (landing at midnight, so HGI for cheep (5k!) stay that night), pop over to Hilton for a couple days to get the better beach and initial "fun" Bali vibe and views, then a couple days at Conrad to close on a chill mellow note. I'm Diamond, probably do a mix of points and money stays, I guess we'll see what I get room-wise.

I didn't quite determine what the lounge situation and where breakfast choices are at the Conrad during renovations, but will write the property to find out.

TDM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.