Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by not2017
I, as well, do not make hotel choices based upon an upgrade. I make a quantitative value decision on where I stay. But this is Flyertalk, so elites will be looking for upgrades. I too, would be concerned about the construction. So much so, that I would not book here. I also have stayed at many Conrads. Generally they are very nice. But operationally, Conrads are very variable. While I cannot fault the Conrad Bali with many things...but when you have a Diamond and Gold staying together, Gold making the reservation, Diamond presenting his card, you would expect some kind of upgrade. Now, as I mentioned, this is a family resort. With the closing of pools, I wouldn't stay here. 14 nights here? That is just plain ridiculous. There is so much more to Bali than staying in one (poorly located) resort for 14 nights. One can stay in non-chain resorts in private pool villas for $200-300 a night. Places that are much nicer than this Conrad. I suggest you do a week in Ubud for relaxation and then a week at a beach resort. But, hey I was a travel agent for 29 years, what do I know?
I have no idea why you believe that "presenting" your diamond card would somehow cause the front desk clerk to give you an upgrade. Being a diamond with Hilton means nothing. Hilton pretty much gives diamond status away. Congratulations though on staying in a dying industry for 29 years. Two thumbs up! This is not my first rodeo so you can rest easy knowing I always have contingency plans and my 18 night trip in Bali is going to be all ok.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:24 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

I have no idea why you believe that "presenting" your diamond card would somehow cause the front desk clerk to give you an upgrade. Being a diamond with Hilton means nothing. Hilton pretty much gives diamond status away. Congratulations though on staying in a dying industry for 29 years. Two thumbs up! This is not my first rodeo so you can rest easy knowing I always have contingency plans and my 18 night trip in Bali is going to be all ok.
It depends on whether I make the reservation or my husband makes it. Since you cannot add a second HH#, we usually just show card, that isn't on the reservation.I sometimes call Hilton reservations, but Hilton isn't very good about transmitting those notations. I know, because Hilton fails on synthetic pillows, every stay. Even though it explicitly was put in the comments. But showing the card works just fine. Besides it is my corp. code that gets 50% off the BAR. Hilton doesn't just give away Diamond, Gold yes, Diamond no. You pay $450 a year for Diamond, thru the credit card, or you make the stays/nights. I don't make Diamond because my husband's name has to be on the reservation if his company is paying for it. It is just easier for his paperwork rather than making 2 reservations that cover expensed nights and non-expensed nights. That way at least one of us always make Diamond.

I closed my agency in 2002. But I still maintain most of my contacts and my credentials. So don't make assumptions about me, my knowledge, and my experiences.

Conrad Bali is good place to stay if you can get it for a good rate. But there are way too many children for it to be a "special" experience. With pools closed, construction, etc. that means more people/children will be concentrated in the open facilities. I generally avoid properties that have construction.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by not2017

I closed my agency in 2002. But I still maintain most of my contacts and my credentials. So don't make assumptions about me, my knowledge, and my experiences.
Insecure much?? I never said anything about your knowledge or credentials. I was discussing the Conrad Bali renovations when you came along with how I am ridiculous for staying at the Conrad that long and spouting off about your "29 years as a travel agent." Look I hold travel agents and fast food cashiers in the same regard. Very little value and easily replaced by computers. So unless you have knowledge of how intrusive these renovations are going to be at the Conrad, stick to whipping out that Hilton diamond card on the hotel clerks. I am sure they get a kick out of it.
P.S. The fact that you said too many children there to make it special, tells me everything I need to know about you.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I've picked this hotel for my stay in April. When I was booking it two months ago there was a message that one of the pools will be closed for renovation. That's fine, they still have very nice Lagoon pools. Now I've got email from them saying that pretty much all pools will be closed during my stay with exception of one (and 1 pool for the villas will be open too).
I'm not staying at the villa so can't go to that pool. If I wanted hotel with 1 pool I would have chosen HGI at the airport. They are trying to say that 2 months ago they didn't know about this massive upcoming construction? And I've paid specifically for room with Lagoon access.
Should I ask them to move my reservation to the Hilton few miles down the road?

"Thank you for choosing Conrad Bali as your accommodation during your visit to Bali. At Conrad Bali, we are committed to delivering exceptional, inspired experiences to every guest, every time. As such, we have embarked on a transformation master plan to refurbish our rooms and facilities so that guest experiences at this resort remain synonymous to the Conrad brand. While the transformation is in progress, both our swimming lagoons and Suku restaurant are closed for refurbishment from 1st April through 31st August 2018. For the safety of our guests and team members, the Eight Degrees South restaurant and the Center pool, which are near the affected area, are closed during this interim. Nevertheless, guests can continue to enjoy the other swimming pool facilities within the resort. Adults can use the Spa Pool within Jiwa Spa."
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bwiadca
I've picked this hotel for my stay in April. When I was booking it two months ago there was a message that one of the pools will be closed for renovation. That's fine, they still have very nice Lagoon pools. Now I've got email from them saying that pretty much all pools will be closed during my stay with exception of one (and 1 pool for the villas will be open too).
I'm not staying at the villa so can't go to that pool. If I wanted hotel with 1 pool I would have chosen HGI at the airport. They are trying to say that 2 months ago they didn't know about this massive upcoming construction? And I've paid specifically for room with Lagoon access.
Should I ask them to move my reservation to the Hilton few miles down the road?

"Thank you for choosing Conrad Bali as your accommodation during your visit to Bali. At Conrad Bali, we are committed to delivering exceptional, inspired experiences to every guest, every time. As such, we have embarked on a transformation master plan to refurbish our rooms and facilities so that guest experiences at this resort remain synonymous to the Conrad brand. While the transformation is in progress, both our swimming lagoons and Suku restaurant are closed for refurbishment from 1st April through 31st August 2018. For the safety of our guests and team members, the Eight Degrees South restaurant and the Center pool, which are near the affected area, are closed during this interim. Nevertheless, guests can continue to enjoy the other swimming pool facilities within the resort. Adults can use the Spa Pool within Jiwa Spa."
The issue is, in Hilton's ultimate wisdom, they are doing renovations at this hotel as well during almost the exact same time frame and are very vague in expressing exactly what is occurring and how it will affect guests. Your feelings are exactly the same as mine. I booked the Conrad well before any announcement and their first email made it sound like it would not be very intrusive. Now the latest email negates the first and it does sound like it is going to be mess. If the hotel would have been forthright from the beginning I could have based my decision off all the information and adjusted my travel plans if I so desired. If you decide to ask the Conrad to move you to the Hilton, let us know their response.

Last edited by flying_donkeys12; Mar 4, 2018 at 9:05 am
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:38 pm

Both hotels are being done at the same time because the government has apparently asked all hotels in the area to be up to date/renovated before some large meetings coming up. ?IMF? Or similar. I think the timing is annoying for the hotels and Hilton too.

my folks were booked into the Hilton due to the renos but on arriving asked me to move them back to the Conrad. For diamonds it's still better there, they say.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:18 am

Does anyone know How many restaurant at Conrad Bali . Which one will be closed during April to August 2018. If I eat meal at these restaurant, can I charge the bill to my room or must pay at the restaurant . I have $250 credit fee thru Aspire and plan to use it if possible. Can someone please advise . Thank you
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:52 am

Stayed here in aug 2016

View from the suite
So I stayed here for my honeymoon in august 2016. I made the mistake of booking a supposed “5star hotel” on booking site, only to find that it was not as described. After arguing with booking site I got out of my res and made a res at the Conrad for one night to figure things out. I thouroughly enjoyed the Conrad while I was there. When I checked in I inquired about extending my stay and they accommodated at a good rate, better then the online price. I also inquired about upgrading to the penthouse. My stay was for 3 weeks and they upgraded me to the penthouse for a nominal fee. I’m glad I stayed there. The penthouse had its own pool on the top floor overlooking the ocean on the Conrad suites side. The suite was large, so
large they had 5 people cleaning it every day. As a diamond member I’ve spent countless days in Hilton hotels from Malaysia to Dubai to New York and I can tell you I really enjoyed it there. Staff made me feel like a king and the breakfast was better then US hilton hotels. When it comes to food there’s a lot of choices, it doesn’t beat istanbul or dubai’s Conrad’s, or even the Hilton in Malaysia we stayed in a few days, but it’s pretty decent.

Lastly, when I was staying in the penthouse, I had unlimited free laundry service as part of the suite, and it was a life saver as my honeymoon was a total of 5 weeks with Bali as our last stop.

They maybe more more inclined to offer upgrades for longer stays, so my advice, be polite and if it’s not available the first day, then try the next day.

But overall, I like thishotel and will be staying again.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Walid Mesallem

View from the suite
So I stayed here for my honeymoon in august 2016.
2016?! Well I am very glad you had a great stay almost two years ago. Your review will be very helpful for those of us with the ability to travel back in time before this renovation fiasco that has many people questioning whether they should stay here during this "enhancement". If anyone has a current review with status of pools,restaurants,lounges, that would be great.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: Lifetime Diamond, EBG, BA Gold,SQ Silver, Marriott GLD,SPG Plat.Emirates Silver,DL PM.
Thumbs down NOT GOOD

We have just been there for the 4th times ... NOT GOOD Big renovation going on, very very few people there....
we stayed at a corner suite.. mouldy all over even the bed ....... see pic.. Lounge is disaster.. good advice don´t use your money at Conrad... lot of good hotels in Nusa Dua to 1/3 of Conrad
rate.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA, SW, VA, Marriott, IHG, HH
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Does anyone know How many restaurant at Conrad Bali . Which one will be closed during April to August 2018. If I eat meal at these restaurant, can I charge the bill to my room or must pay at the restaurant . I have $250 credit fee thru Aspire and plan to use it if possible. Can someone please advise . Thank you
The $250 resort fee can also be used on room rate.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Got email from Conrad saying that during my stay I can access the spa pool. What does it mean?

Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:25 am

Got email from Conrad saying that during my stay I can access the spa pool. What does it mean?

Thanks
It's the outdoor pool that you access through the spa. Normally, this pool is reserved for those who have booked a treatment at the spa or for those staying in the Suites section. I love this pool because no one seems to use it. It'll be crowded during the renovations.
bwiadca likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thank you bamboola. I'm hoping for the upgrade
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:33 am
Suspended

Thanks
From what I read into is It means that all the pools are closed and you can use the spa pool, which will be the adults only pool. If you are staying in the Conrad suites or villas, you can use that facilities pool with your family. I have reached out, but have not received any real confirmation on what pools will actually be open if any other than spa pool and Conrad suites pool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.