Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
deal?

Originally Posted by Numb3rs
Staying here next week in a suite for 5 days. If anyone wants me to find out any information then reply here. Got a cracking deal on an ocean suite king.
Considering this property myself. please share, pm if necessary.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Numb3rs
Staying here next week in a suite for 5 days. If anyone wants me to find out any information then reply here. Got a cracking deal on an ocean suite king.
I am in this property as well. Matter fact, typing this up in the Reflection ROOM

Got upgrade from a Ocean Deluxe to Ocean Suite (but that's due to some issues that we had with the prior room). Nevertheless, got some videos and pictures and will be putting it up once I return from my trip (2 weeks).

Hotel is nice but if you have small kids, i recommend going to the Holiday Inn Benoa (right next door) their pool is much more kid friendly
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Was going to write something nice about this place as we've had a gratis suite upgrade. But just been kicked off a sunlounger by the pool because it's a premium lounger you have to pay more for. No different to the other loungers, just a bit nearer the pool, and they want paying for it. What the actual phoque. And to clarify, this is not the separate pool for diamonds and suites.

Last edited by zebrametalevel; Apr 10, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: CX Green Marriott Titanium Hilton Diamond
Stayed here recently using the new flexible Cash + Points Rate. I very good deal considering I paid a total of USD$12 at checkout

Booked the lowest room rate (Deluxe Garden View) and got upgrade to a Lagoon Access Resort Ocean Suite which was ridiculously big for two people.

Rooms are a bit dated but the service and well-kept grounds made up for it.

Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:00 am

Just wrapped up our stay a few days ago, very surprised that no one mentioned about the amount of fruit flies or nats. It was a bit overwhelming for us and we can't seem to leave any food alone with a friendly visit from these insects via room or public area. Not sure if this is just a Nusa Dua issue or across the entire Bali.

It may be the norms for Bali, but we totally didn't expect it. Also, the breakfast buffet (suku) is in door but not with any a/c at all. We were eating in the heat along with all these crazy and rude tourist group from china.

This is not first world problem or anything, but just wanted to point this out to those that are looking to stay at this hotel but dislike the idea of flies everywhere and heat being a big issues when dining at the resort.

Overall, the stay was great and Bali is a beautiful place. The staff was super super super friendly and attentive. Rooms were dated and need a refurb ASAP. Even the Resort Ocean Suite we had need help.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:36 am

Insects- tropics. Everywhere along the equator is the same. Generally you can't leave fruit for more than a few hours, but the fruit flies are fine- they don't really transmit human diseases like flies that spend their time in faeces.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
Stayed here 5 nights over Easter and thought I'd share my experience / data points.

Booked a prepaid rate last fall - $129/nt for Garden Twin.

Prior to arrival hotel emailed me an offer to upgrade to the Conrad Suites for the equivalent of $100 a night. Didn't bite

About week from arrival I was playing around in the HH app and under request an upgrade for this reservation - Conrad Suites was offered for $50/night. Didn't bite

At checkin, without asking or request - was upgraded to Conrad Suites section for being a Diamond member!!

Short review :

Hotel and grounds are massive!! Truly didn't realize how big resort was. The Suites section is a nice little hotel within a hotel however, this does not seem to be fully realized. You really are far away from main grounds and lobby were the concierge is. I would have thought that the suites section would have own concierge and bellman. - After all there is a complete different entrance from the street. Private pool and cabanas were great here.

Room was huge and well appointed. Loved the patio lounger and being on the first floor having access to room this way.

We only did breakfast at RIN and the selection was more than adequate. Its a partial buffet and I found the quality to be good.

Went to the lounge 1 night - nothing spectacular. Drinks are ordered and brought to you and the food is not buffet but brought to the table.

All is all - good solid property - suites room was great.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. While the hotel itself was great - not a fan of the location- but that is based upon my interests. It was my first time to Bali and i really underestimated the ease of getting around the island. Ubud is a 2 to 2.5 dive for example. If you are looking to stay at nice resort and not really leave the property - this Conrad is for you. Lots of families with kids doing just that. Beach however is nothing special here and really only enjoyable in the mornings due to low tide in the afternoon.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Upgrades within the Conrad suites

before booking my room I read through this thread and learned that the hotel requires a co-pay for upgrades to the Conrad suites. As such since I wanted to guarantee a Conrad suite, so I booked a Conrad suite king, then I inquired about a possible upgrade to a Conrad Suite with an ocean view ( as opposed to a Conrad pool suite which I have zero interest or desire to be upgraded to) and I was told it's US$85 per night for a ocean view within the Conrad Suites. Does anyone have any experience getting upgraded from a Conrad suite king without having to pay the extortion fee to upgrade?
Old May 24, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Might have to give this a stay. Most places are pretty expensive July (peak), and Conrad is around $150USD with the APAC sale, although all the taxes they put on top of it, bumps it up a fair bit.
Hoping the Suites is still a common upgrade for Diamond members
Old May 24, 2017, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Might have to give this a stay. Most places are pretty expensive July (peak), and Conrad is around $150USD with the APAC sale, although all the taxes they put on top of it, bumps it up a fair bit.
Hoping the Suites is still a common upgrade for Diamond members

I stayed here as part of our family's Asia trip:
* Booked two partial ocean view rooms as Diamond, both rooms upgraded to Lagoon with 1 to the Lagoon suite
* Staffs were friendly, and services were excellent
* We had a toddler with us, so we had afternoon tea/evening canapé at 8 Degrees, recently moved from the lobby lounge. the food during this time was only okay. My family went to Rin one evening, and they said the spreads were the same
* Talked to a fellow Diamond member during HH, and he mentioned he paid around $80/night to upgrade to the Conrad Suite
* We had breakfast at the main area, it was very good with a la carte menus included. They are also currently trying new food items while promoting guest feedbacks
* Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will be back. I wouldn't come to Bali just to stay here, but it's a good place to wind down at the end of vacation. We stayed at Ubud for a few nights and find that part a more authentic Bali experience
Old May 29, 2017, 9:47 pm

I have booked 2 paid nights in resort view and then 5 nights with points. I emailed them with a few requests and they mentioned in a by the way manner that conrad suites are not offered as a free upgrade. I am a Diamond member. Is this something new? My flight is arriving around 8am. Is early check in an issue. What would be a reasonable price to pay for an upgrade to Conrad Suite. I have two kids under 12 so some say they are not worthwhile as kids can't go to the exec lounge, pool etc. however if the suite is amazing and spacious with great facilities if the upgrade is not much per night, I might consider.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Is this something new?

Upthread there is a load of discussion about this.

With 2 children I definitely would not bother for the reasons you say. The Resort Suites are also nice - IMO better aim for that. Enjoy your stay.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by sbams
Is this something new?

Upthread there is a load of discussion about this.

With 2 children I definitely would not bother for the reasons you say. The Resort Suites are also nice - IMO better aim for that. Enjoy your stay.
Thanks.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by s879
I have booked 2 paid nights in resort view and then 5 nights with points. I emailed them with a few requests and they mentioned in a by the way manner that conrad suites are not offered as a free upgrade. I am a Diamond member. Is this something new? My flight is arriving around 8am. Is early check in an issue. What would be a reasonable price to pay for an upgrade to Conrad Suite. I have two kids under 12 so some say they are not worthwhile as kids can't go to the exec lounge, pool etc. however if the suite is amazing and spacious with great facilities if the upgrade is not much per night, I might consider.
I stayed there for 5 nights a few weeks ago with my wife and 6 year-old daughter. I booked an Ocean Suite King and e-mailed ahead specifically asking not to be upgraded to Conrad Suites, for the reasons you mention.

I was given a superb top floor suite, presumably of the room type I had booked, but it was very spacious, had a large outside terrace (that not many rooms seemed to have) as well as a large balcony. It was also situated very close indeed to the beachfront.

Overall had a great stay. Lack of lounge did not matter at all. Breakfast in the restaurant was great, and afternoon tea and cocktails at the beachfront restaurant where you felt like you were actually sitting on the beach (the sand being less than 6 feet away).

I had thought twice about staying at this property after reading this thread, but am glad I went ahead.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:42 am

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.