Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
The problem is, Indonesia passed a law that payments in the country needed to be in IDR. So, some hotels take full advantage and price in USD, and then convert at a rate that is 2-3% worse for you.

I also found it strange since other Hilton property in Bali/Jakarta are quoting the price in IDR (even on the apps)

so Conrad really want that 1-2% fx spread rate eh
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by sandyph
I also found it strange since other Hilton property in Bali/Jakarta are quoting the price in IDR (even on the apps)

so Conrad really want that 1-2% fx spread rate eh
No, they want to protect against the depreciation of the IDR. If the IDR falls 20% vs. the USD, they have a 20% gain on that rate.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
No, they want to protect against the depreciation of the IDR. If the IDR falls 20% vs. the USD, they have a 20% gain on that rate.
Well the official government reasoning isn't that of course.

The IDR has been pretty volatile over the last 5 years, from about 8800-14900 to 1USD. Approximately 13350 at the moment.

It's not Argentina, but I understand wanting to lock in a strong currency. Obviously, I always prefer to book IDR rates.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
one of the biggest culprit previously was actually the resorts in Bintan where everything was priced in S$

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
but their expenses are (mostly) in IDR (staff wages, food supply, etc) so that and the fact that all the other property are showing as IDR in the Hilton apps is interesting to say the least
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Conrad Bali or Westin Nusa Dua?

Currently have stays booked at both properties. I am a HH Diamond and a SPG Platinum. A little concerned about some of the posts upthread treatment of Diamonds at the Conrad. Booked there at 57K points/night so wondering if this is a good value/return. I also have a reservation at Westin Nusa Dua - seems like Plats are taken care of there at a 11.5K points/night + have requested suite upgrade using some suite upgrade certs. Any thoughts as to which resort offers the best value/experience for a 3 nights stay?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:22 pm

Hi,

Has anyone received Diamond member complimentary room upgrade from standard room to family room? We are family of 4 adults and want to check if booking one standard room would get us to the deluxe family room (interconnecting deluxe rooms with king and twin).

I read from this thread that complimentary upgrade to Conrad suite is not possible in this hotel anymore, is that correct?

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:18 am

Was just planning a stay here but looks like need to go for plan B. Maybe use sofitel to enjoy platinum.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Currently have stays booked at both properties. I am a HH Diamond and a SPG Platinum. A little concerned about some of the posts upthread treatment of Diamonds at the Conrad. Booked there at 57K points/night so wondering if this is a good value/return. I also have a reservation at Westin Nusa Dua - seems like Plats are taken care of there at a 11.5K points/night + have requested suite upgrade using some suite upgrade certs. Any thoughts as to which resort offers the best value/experience for a 3 nights stay?
That's effectively paying $285 a night in points, which I would consider too high for this property, given it's current treatment of Diamonds.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Well, not off to a great start with Conrad Bali. Received "Welcome" email from reservations on Wednesday last week with information on transfers and some special offers. Responded back to the hotel on Wednesday regarding a transfer from the airport (I generally like to do that for my first visit to a city) and asking questions on one of the offers (60min Massage + Dinner in Suko for $66USD). Didn't hear back from them so emailed again yesterday morning +copied the Concierge. Still nothing (no recognition of my email/requests). Sent another note that I hope they will get to tonight. Really have to say this is so different (and not in a good way) than my experiences at Conrad Maldives and Singapore.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, not off to a great start with Conrad Bali. Received "Welcome" email from reservations on Wednesday last week with information on transfers and some special offers. Responded back to the hotel on Wednesday regarding a transfer from the airport (I generally like to do that for my first visit to a city) and asking questions on one of the offers (60min Massage + Dinner in Suko for $66USD). Didn't hear back from them so emailed again yesterday morning +copied the Concierge. Still nothing (no recognition of my email/requests). Sent another note that I hope they will get to tonight. Really have to say this is so different (and not in a good way) than my experiences at Conrad Maldives and Singapore.
I recall on my last stay they also ignored emails.

I'd cancel, given all the changes recently, and no response in a week.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
The hotel GM recently posted upthread. Maybe you send him a PM?

I suspect any GM would want to know that 'upsell' inquiries aren't being responded to...
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:18 am

With all these recent negative feedback, I am really regretting my booking for this coming April. I was hoping Diamond status can carry me far into this hotel but doesn't seem to be the case. Its so bad that my reservation was non-refundable, otherwise I'll go with IHG or some other hotels
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I have to say, my stay was only great due to the upgrade to the Conrad Suites and lounge access as Diamond. The standard hotel offerings aren't that great and certainly not worth the rates they ask.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
The hotel GM recently posted upthread. Maybe you send him a PM?

I suspect any GM would want to know that 'upsell' inquiries aren't being responded to...
Sent a tweet to @ConradHotels and @ConradBali this morning. Received a reply back in about 10 minutes to email issues/concerns. Got a message back about 2 hours later saying they received my email, appologized for the delay and said they had sent a message to hotel management to respond to me directly.

In the meantime, I booked a three night stay at Grand Hyatt Bali (1 night using my Chase Anniversary Cert and 2 nights in a Club King Room at 17K/night). I had 14K GP points kicking around and a ton of Chase UR points so figured this is a great back-up plan. Not sure that I want to stay at the Conrad now if I am going to be pegged as "that DYKWIA guy" - even though I have tried 3 times to politely ask for information. Extremely disappointing - my company is a big Hilton user (as in 9 figures in revenue in convention business) and I had a blow your socks off experience at the Conrad Maldives that I thought Bali would be the same. Not so much.

Will report back what they say and, if they are apologetic and have a decent service recovery, I may stay with them. If not, I will cancel this bad boy in a heartbeat.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:01 am

Received an email back from Conrad Bali overnight. The apology for the delayed response seems sincere and they referenced my concerns (using my words) that I included in my email to Hilton Corp. (but they did not simply forward an email from the corp office) and it seems like they copied quite a few management types on the response. Still really torn between staying here or at the Grand Hyatt - especially now that I see that upgrade opportunities are looking really really limited at the Conrad based on what they are currently selling online over my dates (but then again, I would still get lounge access so I guess no big deal there). Also, I can earn HHonors points relatively easily due to the number of meeting/convention contracts I do at Hilton so I think I can replenish the well shortly. While if I go to the Grand Hyatt, I would be spending two nights in a Grand Club room and the third night I would need to move to a regular room since I booked it using my Chase Anniversary cert.

With all of the above, I am thinking of just staying put at the Conrad as originally planned and just soaking in the Balinese sun because it is chilly 31F here in Chicago (with some snow expected) and be grateful that I will be there instead of here for a few days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.