Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Last day to redeem cheap Scanid awards!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2006, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM; Hilton Diamond

Most Scandic properties change category tomorrow, so today is the last day to redeem an award at any Scandic property for 10,000 points.

http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/process...ychangescandic
Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SuperSnoop
Most Scandic properties change category tomorrow, so today is the last day to redeem an award at any Scandic property for 10,000 points.

Hilton is already putting up resistance to make bookings at this level. They are claiming that award changes went into effect effective local hotel time in Europe instead of the US. What a shame.

So even if it's September 30th and the award cert is printed out, making a booking at the Category 1 level may be basically impossible to book effective September 30th (East Coast US time).
Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL-PM, HH-Gold, *wood-Gold, Avis First, National Executive Elite
I just posted about this, sorry for my duplicate post.....I was on the phone for a while tonight and had that same experience...
Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by marvnmar27
I just posted about this, sorry for my duplicate post.....I was on the phone for a while tonight and had that same experience...
No apology need. Instead of "last day" to redeem, the topic title should read: "Last part of a day to redeem". The last full day to redeem the awards was September 29th.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SuperSnoop

Most Scandic properties changed categories today, September 30th. Or so the Hilton employees have been telling several customers. The excuse? "Local hotel time". Hilton didn't do that to me last time.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It took several calls to make my last Scandic bookings for 2007 at the 10k / Cat 1 level, but I was able to get it accomplished this afternoon (Sep 30 in the USA) including the Continental in Helsinki and the Copenhagen in... well... (price for the Cop was €314 a night!

I kept parroting the Terms and Conditions at them and saying it did not say the changes would take effect October 1 in EUROPE, it said October 1, full stop. The challenge was that the Europe-based computer systems had already ticked over to the new categories. It felt kind of strange, parroting the T&Cs to them instead of their getting dug in and doing the same to me (whether they understand it or not.) And fortunately, I finally got someone who was concerned with being helpful at the other end of the line. ^

I was worried - a last-minute urgency with a client suddenly bogged down any extra time I had for the next couple of weeks, so a normally free Friday turned into no time at all, and I just firmed up a trip's details. Now for the air...
Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JDiver
It took several calls to make my last Scandic bookings for 2007 at the 10k / Cat 1 level, but I was able to get it accomplished this afternoon (Sep 30 in the USA) including the Continental in Helsinki and the Copenhagen in... well... (price for the Cop was €314 a night!

I kept parroting the Terms and Conditions at them and saying it did not say the changes would take effect October 1 in EUROPE, it said October 1, full stop. The challenge was that the Europe-based computer systems had already ticked over to the new categories. It felt kind of strange, parroting the T&Cs to them instead of their getting dug in and doing the same to me (whether they understand it or not.) And fortunately, I finally got someone who was concerned with being helpful at the other end of the line. ^

I was worried - a last-minute urgency with a client suddenly bogged down any extra time I had for the next couple of weeks, so a normally free Friday turned into no time at all, and I just firmed up a trip's details. Now for the air...
I just had some luck again myself. I booked another 18 nights. I'll be living in a dozen Scandics for the next few months.

By the way, is there something about cancelling 6 days before arrival? That's very unusual for Scandic hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.