Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya {RUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya {RUS}

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2008, 4:34 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to book a reward room today for 9/28-9/30. 70K points is a good deal better than our existing reservation at the Sheraton for 16000 spg points plus $300 + mucho tax + FX folderol. I won't cancel the latter, though, until we can some trip reports.
Old May 19, 2008, 1:42 am

Programs: SU Bonus, SK EBG, BD Silver, HH Diamond
Honestly, 17k roubles isn't anything extraordinary for upscale property in the very heart of Moscow. Welcome to Moscow, the city with most expensive hotels in the world.
Old May 19, 2008, 4:02 pm

Well I must say that I think 17000 is a little on the high side!! Its not directly off of Red Square, like the Metropol (which also has tons of history to it). Its not next to the Bolshoi Theatre. Its on the ring road, and yes its one of the 7 skyscrapers but 17K rubles is a ton for that hotel IMO. Heck several years ago I stayed at the Ukraine hotel I believe which was in one of the skyscrapers...maybe even this one!!! And I paid $140/night in August and while I'd expect that to now be about $380 thats still 1/2 of the Hilton.

I know that the Marriott's are sometimes up to 15,000 in recent years - but that has always prompted me to plan for a different week!!

Look forward to someone sharing their stay - irregardless can guarantee that I'll be using it for award stays and I'm very glad there is finally a Hilton in Russia!!
Old May 19, 2008, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by MacDaddie
Well I must say that I think 17000 is a little on the high side!! Its not directly off of Red Square, like the Metropol (which also has tons of history to it). Its not next to the Bolshoi Theatre. Its on the ring road, and yes its one of the 7 skyscrapers but 17K rubles is a ton for that hotel IMO. Heck several years ago I stayed at the Ukraine hotel I believe which was in one of the skyscrapers...maybe even this one!!! And I paid $140/night in August and while I'd expect that to now be about $380 thats still 1/2 of the Hilton.
You are talking about Moscow in 2008. The prices are obscene. That's just the way it is.
Old May 27, 2008, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya opens... almost

[From The Moscow Times]
A Stalin Antique, Now With the Hilton Touch
27 May 2008
By Tai Adelaja / Staff Writer

After an expensive, 2 1/2 year makeover, the Leningradskaya was finally ready for its close-up at a grand opening Saturday.

All was in place. In the luxurious Stalin-era lobby, dozens of guests ogled the chandeliers, glittering as new, and a historic pair of shining bronze lions. Smart-suited staff stood in attendance, ready for Mayor Yury Luzhkov to cut the ceremonial red ribbon.

Yet, this being the opening of a posh Moscow hotel, there was naturally a holdup. Luzhkov was detained, staff said — stuck in scheduling hell between a meeting with city pensioners and a power station opening with Unified Energy System boss Anatoly Chubais.

Guests shrugged, sipped their drinks, chatted — and slowly faded away.

Yet while the ribbon cutting — the second planned in a month — would have to wait, the renaissance of the formerly scruffy Stalin-era Hotel Leningradskaya into a five-star Hilton with a polished exterior and a world-class name appeared otherwise complete.

Towering over Komsomolskaya Ploshchad northeast of the city center, near the spot where the Leningradsky, Kazansky and Yaroslavsky stations are situated, the imposing 132-meter-high, 28-story wedding-cake structure was built from 1949 to 1953 as one of Josef Stalin's famed "Seven Sisters" — a combination of architectural styles ranging from Naryshkin Baroque to Gothic influence and Russian Orthodox, mixed in with a dollop of Soviet homage to victory in World War II.
The article has quite a bit of detail and some nice pictures. The hotel is in a pretty good location. I've passed it quite a few times. I'm interested in taking a look around it the next time I'm in Moscow
Old May 27, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Taxi fare from the airport is approx. $114. Ouch!!

Is a train available from the airport?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:38 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's still not open. No email address available either and I couldn't get an answer on the phone re our visa support documents for September. So I called reservations and they said it's "under construction" and they don't have an opening date. Website accepts reservations for August.

I still had my cash and points reservation at the Sheraton so I got our visa support docs from them.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aglp2k
Taxi fare from the airport is approx. $114. Ouch!!

Is a train available from the airport?
I just saw this. From SVO a taxi should be about $70 if you use the fixed price taxi booth. It's less if you pre-book a taxi. The hotel is a block or so from three train stations and the Metro.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, HH Diamond, *wood Plat
Originally Posted by LLM
It's still not open. No email address available either and I couldn't get an answer on the phone re our visa support documents for September. So I called reservations and they said it's "under construction" and they don't have an opening date. Website accepts reservations for August.

I still had my cash and points reservation at the Sheraton so I got our visa support docs from them.

I toured the property during a visit in May - looking forward to my stay in September. The following is a sales manager contact:
Svetlana Novitskaya
Senior sales manager
Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya
21/40 Kalanchevskaya St., 107245 Moscow, Russia
Tel: +7 (495) 627 5550; Direct:+7 (495) 6275533
Mobile:+7 (495) 798 6091; Fax:+7 (495) 627 5557
[email protected]

Also I was provided this reservation contact:
Katerina Vasilchenko
Reservation Agent
Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya
Tel.: + 7 (495) 627 55 55
Fax: + 7 (495) 627 55 56
[email protected]

Safe travels!

UPDATE 07/25/2008: Just spoke w/ Svetlana. Hotel open and operating effective Monday July 21, 2008.

Last edited by asiatravel888; Jul 25, 2008 at 4:06 am Reason: Update
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:16 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would have been nice if they answered their phone or if central Hilton res had not told me don't count on them being open in September. I had to give Sheraton a credit number to get their visa support and they will charge it $110 for each of us if we don't use our reservation.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Diamond
Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya Trip Reports and Reviews

Arrived yesterday and staying through Sunday. And I must say, I'm quite impressed so far. Great staff, very helpful and efficient and the room has been top notch.

I was upgraded to the executive floor and the room was perfect. Great beds, large flatscreen, CD player, large desk, plenty of room with great lighting. Bathroom included a large bathtub and seperate glass enclosed shower stall. Though my room was at the end of the hall (as requested) and through a couple of hall doors, the Wi-Fi signal was still very strong. In my room was a bottle of Shiraz, a box of Korkunov chocolates and welcome letter.

At 6pm they opened the executive lounge and the layout was nice, plenty of free hot and cold apps, open bar in a large comfortable area.

The breakfast this morning was in the Janus restaurant and was perfect. Great hot and cold selections, fresh squeezed juice and fresh coffee.

Everyone has been very friendly so far and I'll update at the end of my stay in anything changes. It's great that finally there is a Hilton in Moscow.

Last edited by sonador; Aug 8, 2008 at 9:40 am Reason: grammar
Old Aug 8, 2008, 5:38 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Sounds nice. I will be there later this month myself so will have to check this out.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: SU Bonus, SK EBG, BD Silver, HH Diamond
Is it blocked from booking atm ? I've tried to find some availability, and it is unavailable up to middle of 2009.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having walked by the place a few times I can tell you that it definitely is open.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 11:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, MR Platinum, BW Gold, HH Silver
Guys,

What is typical week and weekend rate ?

I guess is very expensive...

Thx
tomek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.