Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya {RUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya {RUS}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:16 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
What time do you arrive? We're on the 17.15 to Heathrow tomorrow...
Ah, I will be checking in shortly before the dinner time...
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: BA GGL
Not to worry, I'll try and leave the place tidy for you...
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
^ Just don't drink the EL dry. Except that sweet Russian sparkling wine. Guzzle as many bottles as you want.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:15 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Actual I am staying here too until Friday !!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL
It was nice to almost meet you then! Just arrived back home. Missing Moscow already...
Old Apr 4, 2013, 3:42 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by SPBanker
^ Just don't drink the EL dry. Except that sweet Russian sparkling wine. Guzzle as many as you want.
It was nice to meet you yesterday.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by szg
It was nice to meet you yesterday.
Likewise! Always nice to meet fellow FTers on the road.

Another good stay at the hotel. Was upgraded to junior suite (912, one of those somewhat odd U-shaped rooms in the corner), asked and received late checkout (2 pm). Can't remember if this was the policy before, but now the lobby bar is non-smoking during the day, but the other side is reserved for smokers in the evening. Lots of people at all hours.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:22 pm

Taxi to DME

We will be taking a 6 PM flight from DME on a Monday evening. From comments above, it sounds like the Hilton Airport Transfer is somewhat excessive. Is it possible to easily get a regular taxi from the hotel to the
Airport. Alternatively, it sounds like the AeroExpress train might be an option.

We will have luggage and probably would prefer the taxi.

Comments? Many thanks.

Last edited by Flyer100; Apr 12, 2013 at 9:50 pm
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyer100
We will be taking a 6 PM flight from DME on a Monday evening. From comments above, it sounds like the Hilton Airport Transfer is somewhat excessive. Is it possible to easily get a regular taxi from the hotel to the
Airport. Alternatively, is sounds like the AeroExpress train might be an option.

We will have luggage and probably would prefer the taxi.

Comments? Many thanks.
Plan at least 2 or 3 hours to get to DME.
There are plenty of services (hotel's offer is very expensive). I've used this company - http://www.go-to.ru - which somebody recommended earlier in this thread, and was quite happy (if you don't smoke do warn them in advance so that they can send to you someone who does not).
Even with luggage I would still take the train.

One more thing - if you ask the hotel to organize the transfer do tell them that you want a local taxi company rather than their services otherwise they will put you in their overpriced car (as experienced myself)

Last edited by Andriyko; Apr 12, 2013 at 9:58 pm
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:14 am

Andriyko,

Thanks for response. We just might do the train...we will have light luggage and it certainly sounds easy enough.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: HH D
I stayed in Hilton Moscow Leningraskaya three times.
I'd like it very much - very helpful personal, very good rooms. As Gold I always had an upgrade and access to EL.
This time I booked two room - one for two night for me and Wedding package for one night for my daughter and her husband. And became upgrade for two room and access to EL. Newlyweds became room on 19th (from 21) floor with excellent view, breakfast in room was good.
I hope, I can stay in this Hilton in future.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Had my first stay in the Leningradskaya last week. As a regular visitor to Moscow I have no issue with getting around and actually I think the location of the hotel is pretty good with access to 2 metro lines.

Loved being in one of Stalin's Seven Sisters buildings. As a visitor to the old USSR, staying somewhere so iconic was exciting!

This makes for big rooms and some lovely detailing in the building. As a Diamond, I received an upgrade to a Junior Suite on the 7th floor. Very very quiet room despite the hotel being surrounded by roads. Had EL access, free wifi and free breakfast, with a complimentary half bottle of Shiraz and some nuts in my room.

The bar was very pricey, with a G&T coming out at approx €20 which is a total ripoff!

Staff were good, the room was good, the room was good value, the location is good and it's a cool building... I'm going back again this week
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: UA, HH
Few questions about my upcoming family trip:

Do I understand correctly, that this Hilton does not have rooms with 2 double beds (without going with a suite)? While booking award travel I get a choice of King room or Queen.

How strictly occupancy limits are enforced? Traveling with the family this time. Wondering if there will be an issue for 4 (2 adults + 2 kids) of us to stay in 1 room.

I am Gold with Hilton, but did not have a chance to stay at this hotel yet. Booked a stay for last September, but had to cancel because of problems at the border

Thank you.

Last edited by Artemk; Mar 3, 2014 at 7:43 am
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:31 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
You would be better off finding a decent vacation spot from the civilized world. Not from the mother nation of oppressors and dictatorship. As long as the current oligarchic ridicule of a "democratic" regime rules!

Last edited by TTL; Mar 3, 2014 at 9:36 am
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by TTL
You would be better off finding a decent vacation spot from the civilized world. Not from the mother nation of oppressors and dictatorship. As long as the current oligarchic ridicule of a "democratic" regime rules!
I hear you! Trust me, this is not a tourist trip (at least this part of it). Just visiting family.

Personally, I don't see any effort from Russia to try to bring more tourists, and latest ordeal is just making it worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.