Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Kauai Beach Resort {US-HI} (no longer Honors)

Old May 27, 05, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hilton diamond, hyatt platimum,best western diamond elite

i searched the threads, but really could not find anything helpful...
question is...is there a hilton in kauai that can be booked for an award stay...such as the ALON....
thanks in advance
Old May 27, 05, 10:40 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
No, sorry, just the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Doubletree in Honolulu, and the Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Big Island for award stays.
Old May 29, 05, 12:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
I just returned from Kauai -- used some points for an award stay at the Hyatt (which is fabulous).

There may not be a Hilton anytime soon on Kauai. The VIP concierge told me the Hyatt is the ONLY hotel on Kauai that ever fills up these days. Even the Priceville Resort hasn't sold out in three years, she said. Pretty soft economy there, continuing since 9/11. I woke up there the morning of the attacks, and the effect was instantaneous. A shame.

Originally Posted by alfaman
i searched the threads, but really could not find anything helpful...
question is...is there a hilton in kauai that can be booked for an award stay...such as the ALON....
thanks in advance
Old May 29, 05, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by sonofliberty
I just returned from Kauai -- used some points for an award stay at the Hyatt (which is fabulous).

There may not be a Hilton anytime soon on Kauai. The VIP concierge told me the Hyatt is the ONLY hotel on Kauai that ever fills up these days. Even the Priceville Resort hasn't sold out in three years, she said. Pretty soft economy there, continuing since 9/11. I woke up there the morning of the attacks, and the effect was instantaneous. A shame.
okay, so i live and work here and feel a need to add:

forget what hyatt concierge says, they know nothing! kauai economy is at present the strongest it has EVER been. if you want details, ask.

places to stay? hyatt is mediocre. for a stay here, i'd suggest a condo at nihi kai or poipu kai in poipu (south), the marriott at kalapaki beach (east), or a private house in haena (north).
Old May 29, 05, 1:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Originally Posted by jtkauai
places to stay? hyatt is mediocre. for a stay here, i'd suggest . . . the marriott at kalapaki beach (east)
Well, I'll have a chance to test your assessment. I'll be staying at both the Marriott and the Hyatt this summer (followed by a few days at the HHV, of course).
Old May 29, 05, 6:56 pm

I've actually stayed in a waterfront room at the Marriott resort in Lihue -- I don't think it compares favorably with the Hyatt in terms of room quality, service, surrounding area or food quality. Just my opinion.

forget what hyatt concierge says, they know nothing! kauai economy is at present the strongest it has EVER been. if you want details, ask.

places to stay? hyatt is mediocre. for a stay here, i'd suggest a condo at nihi kai or poipu kai in poipu (south), the marriott at kalapaki beach (east), or a private house in haena (north).
Old May 29, 05, 11:00 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty

places to stay? hyatt is mediocre.
I DO NOT consider the Hyatt mediocre. The grounds are beautiful, rooms are nice, service good. And the weather is better on that side of the island.
Old May 30, 05, 1:47 am

This fits with my experience as well.

Originally Posted by last2board
I DO NOT consider the Hyatt mediocre. The grounds are beautiful, rooms are nice, service good. And the weather is better on that side of the island.
Old Mar 6, 06, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/ Hilton Diamond
Hilton back in Kauai!

On a recent trip to Kauai I got a chance to check out some of the hotels, and low and behold I found out that what used to be the Radisson/Kauai Beach Resort is now being renovated into a Hilton! I got to look into some of the new rooms, and they look really nice compared to what they used to be. It's about time that Hilton is back in Kauai. Here's an article I found on the renovations from Go Hawaii. Enjoy!
http://gohawaii.about.com/b/a/248634.htm
Jay
Old Mar 6, 06, 8:58 am

Hot diggety!

First the Grand Wailea, and now Kauai!
Old Mar 6, 06, 9:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
That's great news.

$14 million in renovation dollars doesn't go very far at a 350-room property on 25 acres.

Anybody stayed there recently?
Old Mar 6, 06, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Thre are a few lackluster reviews in the Radisson forum, e.g. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191199.

Q: "Back" in Kauai? Was there formerly a Hilton property there?

Last edited by cactuspete; Mar 6, 06 at 11:33 am
Old Mar 6, 06, 12:17 pm

Yes, there was. It probably is the same property just being re-Hiltoned.
Old Mar 6, 06, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA,UA,HH,Marriott
That is really excellent news! I hope it will be as nice as the article makes it sound. Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 06, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
This is great news!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: