Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2002, 8:41 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
BTW, what's a gite?
Old Aug 19, 2002, 8:59 pm

Thank you!
A gite is a cottage or house in France. We spent the first few days mispronouncing the word while there it sounds like "jeeeet". Extremely reasonable! $450 USD for 1 week 3 bedroom home overlooking a lake!

If I make reservations at several properties do I need to have enough points in my account for all reservations? I am sitting with 130k now and will probably have 160k by Nov.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 10:12 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Wow. A family of 4 Golds? Make sure they give you those HHonors benefits!

I wish I could help you here, but I'm planning on using my points for Spring break too. I guess I should start looking into my options too.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
This might be a stupid question - but can I book a GLON award (if inventory is avail) for single occup?

Old Oct 1, 2002, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep in mind that to those that have more points than they know what to do with, a GLON, ALON, or MORON is a better value than paying a penny for a room.

I know many HHonors members who have MILLIONS of point they don't know what to do with.

If only I had such problems.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 7:08 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
Are more rooms available for GLON awards than point stretcher awards?</font>
It's my understanding there's no difference in availability for different types of awards.

Any time there is a point-stretcher available though, you should have pretty good luck getting a room, and if the reservations line tells you there's no availability, try calling the hotel directly.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 8:41 am

CNTU..GLON..After April

I have registered for CNTU and am ready to do my 4 stays...even though I do not really want to stay any where at this time. Now my question is this, I understand that my gold status will last until or through April 2003....but what happens after April? Since I no longer travel for business its doubtful that I will remain Gold...unless I can find an easy way to do this. Will I be able to get a GLON award if I am not Gold but have the 100,000 points? Do any of the Hilton credit cards carry a Gold status with it?

Thanks

Old Oct 2, 2002, 9:25 am

You can still use any of the VIP awards as long as your at least Silver. It looks like you can get upgraded for a year with either of the HHonors credit cards.

So if that's the only way to maintain your status, I would wait untill you lose it to apply for the card, that would give you the longest coverage.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 9:29 am

My gold from CNTU is valid till april 2004
Old Oct 2, 2002, 6:46 pm

I stay in Barcelona 2 X year and able to reedem my GLON. So far every time I have stayed I have had to call the Hotel, as when I called res there was always availability gor a few days of my stay. The hotel each time has granted the rest of the free days. I don't know if this happens at all properties but Barcelona Hilton has been great
Old Oct 2, 2002, 9:16 pm

Programs: CO Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chix:
FYI - The Embassy Suites vacation resorts such as Maui do not participate in HHonors accrual or redemption )-:</font>
If you submit your folio online via the "Missing Stay Credit" I've gotten credit for those locations.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 7:46 pm

No GLON availability anywhere in London in December.

I am trying use a GLON in London next month. HHonors tells me there is no availability anywhere! Do I call all the Hotels direct or call HHonors every day until something opens up?
~lowly Gold~

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 11-12-2002).]
Old Nov 12, 2002, 10:13 pm

You could call directly, but most rewards are booked months in advance. Good luck!
It certainly can't hurt to keep calling back, but make a paid reservation (than you can cancel) in the meantime if you already have airline tickets in case something does not open up......you cannot count on it!

[This message has been edited by fscher (edited 11-12-2002).]
Old Nov 12, 2002, 11:12 pm

Thats why you want to be Diamond
Old Nov 13, 2002, 4:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Have you tried the Wembley Plaza? Not worth the GLON, as it is an opportunity hotel!
Just good for bed and breakfast, 15 min. to Baker St. by Tube or Marylebone by train.
Better than nothing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.