Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Hilton Financial District {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco Hilton Financial District {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by tkojames
Cool you get hotel prices change depending on demand right? Like do you understand how expensive hotels are in SF some days. You ever look at prices during salesforce? Like I can get rooms in Vegas in December for $30 a night. Middle of summer same room going for $250 a night...
Can you get that "circa 2019" doesn't refer to a single date, but refers to the entire year (and some time surrounding it as well)? "Circa 2019" I have reservations for $138 and $162/night at that hotel.

On June 8, I see Marriotts closer to the field around $500, and a little further (Oakland, a block away from the BART) in the $200s.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Any recent reports of diamond bfast or room upgrades?
Old May 8, 2019, 10:19 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
I'm here right now having recently dropped to gold. I had booked a "premium floor city view" room and my upgrade was to a "premium floor bay view" room -- essentially moving across the hall. No lounge access for me.

Breakfast access in the restaurant is via a list of names and statuses, with separate laminated cards for gold and diamond at the restaurant. As gold it's the continental breakfast and upcharge for full breakfast is $6 although this has been waived 2 of the 3 days I've eaten there. I overheard a diamond next to me in the restaurant being told that the entire breakfast including hot items was free. So it appears diamonds have a choice of the lounge or restaurant. I would highly recommend the restaurant versus the lounge (which I've been in before, just not this trip) for the variety of items. Hot items in the restaurant include made-to-order omelettes ordered from the server, and scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and some Chinese items on the hot side.

I'll update the breakfast wiki with this information.
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:37 am

But are the windows clean?
missamo80 likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The wifi and elevators still suck.
missamo80 likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: HH D
Staying there in June (@$154+tax/n). Would it be sensible to walk from a BART station to the hotel with two wheeled suitcases (1 carry on, 1 medium size checked bagage)?
Normally I wouldn't mind walking for 15 minutes - but will it be going all up and downhill? Or is there a risk the Millennium Tower will hit me if it comes down? (Background: I'd prefer to travel BART to be able to do a report on it on a foreign language forum.)
Old May 9, 2019, 12:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Staying there in June (@$154+tax/n). Would it be sensible to walk from a BART station to the hotel with two wheeled suitcases (1 carry on, 1 medium size checked bagage)?
Normally I wouldn't mind walking for 15 minutes - but will it be going all up and downhill? Or is there a risk the Millennium Tower will hit me if it comes down? (Background: I'd prefer to travel BART to be able to do a report on it on a foreign language forum.)
It's a flat and relatively un-sketchy walk by San Francisco standards.
Sisosig likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:21 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by arlflyer
But are the windows clean?
Cleaner than the last time I was here, but not fully clean by any standard. However buildings I’ve been in during this trip including the Salesforce Tower had windows of the same dirtiness.

There was a letter in the room explaining that they’re installing anchors for better window washing (keep your shades closed from 8am to 4pm) but I have not experienced any noise, vibration, or other interruptions from this work.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:23 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
The wifi and elevators still suck.
Nods. During the evening hours yesterday speedtest didn’t even work 2 of 4 runs and during the other two measured less than 1.0 down and 0.02 up. It was unusable and I had to tether.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by kpbadger
Cleaner than the last time I was here, but not fully clean by any standard. However buildings I’ve been in during this trip including the Salesforce Tower had windows of the same dirtiness.
Something about those dirty SF windows! (A running joke in this particular thread)

Originally Posted by kpbadger
During the evening hours yesterday speedtest didn’t even work 2 of 4 runs and during the other two measured less than 1.0 down and 0.02 up. It was unusable and I had to tether.
For a second I thought you were talking about the elevators - was wondering if that was acceleration in m/s2 or something. The part about "tethering" made it sound like desperate measures had to be taken!
Old May 9, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
I have done it with luggage with no difficulty to and from Montgomery Station. As noted by missamo80, this is one of the easier walks to do in San Francisco.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital
I have done it with luggage with no difficulty to and from Montgomery Station. As noted by missamo80, this is one of the easier walks to do in San Francisco.
It's actually equidistant from Embarcadero or Montgomery. I would actually prefer the walk from Embarcadero, exiting from the rear of the station if coming from SFO. A bit farther than I'd like to walk with two rollers, but you could do worse.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
Just curious, why the preference for walking from Embarcadero over Montgomery? I am always looking for a walk with a nice view.

General note: If your luggage is heavy take a look at the online BART station maps in advance to see where the elevators are. You don't want to end up at a stairs-only exit if you will have trouble carrying things up the stairs.
Sisosig likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital
Just curious, why the preference for walking from Embarcadero over Montgomery? I am always looking for a walk with a nice view.
Might just be personal preference, but I think it's slightly closer, the signals on Montgomery are slower due to the traffic, and the sidewalks are more crowded. It's also slightly more interesting going through Embarcadero Center.
Sisosig likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I've walked it from BART many times. The big hill on Kearny is a couple of blocks north of the hotel. (Or there's a bus up Kearny if you're lazy.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.