Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Hilton Financial District {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco Hilton Financial District {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I am there right now (saturday), exec lounge remain for diamonds only, no evening reception for friday and saturday, they give you two drinks voucher instead (2 drinks and 1 appetizer per voucher), breakfast remain only continental, $6 extra for full, was told if i want lounge access as a gold it would be $45, asked for room with balcony, was lied to about there is a conference at the hotel (i booked the same day that i checked in, saw it they have the balcony room under MVP rate for extra $41, $125 vs $166, at the rate they are charging, i doubt they are even half full this weekend, i saw yesterday‘s rate was even at the bargain price $106), no upgrade, only told i am in a room that is away from the elevators, which just basically honor my room preference only, seems like they are getting really stingy

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 12, 2019 at 5:42 pm
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
As a Diamond I could opt to have the Exec Lounge or full Buffet when I last stayed there in October.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbiddle
As a Diamond I could opt to have the Exec Lounge or full Buffet when I last stayed there in October.
Well, basically this place is not good for anyone except diamond then, i remember at one point gold can use the executive lounge too, and before they have an exec lounge, gold gets drinks and appetizer voucher too
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Well, basically this place is not good for anyone except diamond then, i remember at one point gold can use the executive lounge too, and before they have an exec lounge, gold gets drinks and appetizer voucher too
Executive lounge access is not a Gold Honors benefit unless you receive an upgrade to an executive floor room and has been this way for many years.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Executive lounge access is not a Gold Honors benefit unless you receive an upgrade to an executive floor room and has been this way for many years.
That‘S correct, however when a hotel has low occupancy but they still choose not to upgrade a gold member then i have a problem. I am commenting about this property in specific not gold benefit in general. In the past i have been given much better treatment and had NOT been this way for many years in this property til now.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:22 am

But are the windows clean?!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arlflyer
But are the windows clean?!
They cleaned it and will do another one after the rainy season according to an answer from them on TripAdvisor. It is also due for a renovation.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:27 pm

Windows were perfectly clean when I was there in October. I think there issues with window cleaning (ie the lack of it) are now resolved.

Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:13 pm

Anybody know the current breakfast situation for golds? Thinking about staying here for giants game. We usually just drive in and then leave. But was thinking of staying a night. Was going to take the ferry in to save on parking.

Seems like pretty good deal right now. 60,000 points room rate currently is $637. Over cent per point for Hilton seems pretty good.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by tkojames
Seems like pretty good deal right now. 60,000 points room rate currently is $637. Over cent per point for Hilton seems pretty good.
If you think it's worth $637 and would pay that, sure. I don't, and wouldn't.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
"Worth" is a subjective term, but that rate is certainly what the market will bear in downtown SF circa 2019. So, if one needs to be in those parts, it is indeed a decent point redemption.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by arlflyer
"Worth" is a subjective term, but that rate is certainly what the market will bear in downtown SF circa 2019. So, if one needs to be in those parts, it is indeed a decent point redemption.
Maybe for that particular date, but I'm paying under a quarter of that for similar-quality hotels in SF for several stays later this year.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:28 pm

Cool... I am glad you wouldnt pay it. TBH I really do not care if you would or not.....

Was asking about breakfast...

Please find me a room then for June 8th near oracle park to watch the giants game....

O wait all the hotels are around that price for that day..... So yea for that day that room is worth that price.

Like why even post? Just say you think I am dumb or something?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:30 pm

Maybe for that particular date, but I'm paying under a quarter of that for similar-quality hotels in SF for several stays later this year.
Cool you get hotel prices change depending on demand right? Like do you understand how expensive hotels are in SF some days. You ever look at prices during salesforce? Like I can get rooms in Vegas in December for $30 a night. Middle of summer same room going for $250 a night...
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by tkojames
Cool... I am glad you wouldnt pay it. TBH I really do not care if you would or not.....

Was asking about breakfast...

Please find me a room then for June 8th near oracle park to watch the giants game....

O wait all the hotels are around that price for that day..... So yea for that day that room is worth that price.

Like why even post? Just say you think I am dumb or something?
The fact that you said "seems like a pretty good deal to me" is why a couple people commented. It sounded more like a question/conversation starter instead of a one off comment. If 60k points is worth it or a good deal, That's solely up to you. If you can't find good pricing around that time then sure, but would other people spend $600+ or 60k points on this hotel ever? That's another question that others were attempting to answer to HELP you. No one is looking down at you or calling you stupid, up until you start going off on a tangent attacking others... Just my useless two cents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.