Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

Old Oct 22, 02, 6:44 am
Suspended

I've always enjoyed the downtown Hilton. Very good location and staff. Free bus zone and MAX is close. The new towers addition should be a welcome addition.
Old Oct 22, 02, 3:19 pm

Programs: Handcuffed to Delta and IHG by Concur
A couple of years ago, I stayed at the Lloyd Center Doubletree for a convention. It was okay but not distinctive in any way. And despite being the official convention hotel, it still required either a hop on MAX or a long walk to get to the convention center.
Old Oct 24, 02, 8:40 am

I usually stay at the ES Downtown. It is my favorite ES hotel.
Old Feb 15, 03, 4:44 am

Best DT Jantzen Beach or Columbia River.

Which one of the above would you choose? Thank you.
Old Feb 15, 03, 6:54 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

They are both truly awful. However, Jantzen Beach has some rooms that are a little newer and a better free breakfast if you are Gold/Diamond.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Feb 15, 03, 7:23 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by suneagleone:
Which one of the above would you choose? Thank you.</font>
You might consider staying at the Lloyd Center DT. If you are flying into Portland you just go out and catch the Max (rapid rail) and ride it down to the Lloyd Center stop. Cost was $1.55 and the train stops right next to the DT. We were treated very well there and our HHonors Gold got us an upgrade. Lloyd Center is a fun place to shop and right across the street. The Max is free from the hotel on through out the downtown area.

------------------
"A day without Points is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old May 4, 03, 9:55 pm

Programs: Only loyal to WN or Best Price/ Route
Well, I am currently in Portland, OR at the Doubletree Columbia River (in the same lot as Jantzen Beach). I pre-paid one night in advance to reserve a $71.20 rate for 6 nights (a great price). I was impressed upon my arrival (as a Gold) that I was already upgraded to a river view suite (pretty nice and large room) and was given 6 nice certificates for free buffett - I didn't have to ask for any of it. The staff was very curteous in welcoming me (especially considering my rate). I have only been here one night, but they have kept my room supplied with bottles of water as well.

The hotel is a little older and is definitely not a standard DT, but it does have a little local flavor that the standard chain misses out on. Given the distance from downtown (if that is where you will be doing most of your business/touring/etc), I am not sure I would make the commute though because it is probably a good 15 minute drive without traffic.

Anyhow, another hotel doing things the way they are supposed to.

Old May 4, 03, 10:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
My vote is also for the ES Downtown. A converted historic hotel. Lots of character. They have always treated me well. North part of downtown.

This is not your typical ES. You will enjoy it.

Old May 5, 03, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jeeves:
A converted historic hotel. Lots of character.</font>
The Multnomah Hotel in Portland, Oregon has welcomed thousands of visitors since its first opening day, February 8, 1912, providing them with excellent service and a sampling of Portland's community, hospitality and culture. The experience, beauty and hospitality of Portland was carried away with them and shared in all parts of the world. Embassy Suites has revived the Multnomah Hotel and once again its doors are open, welcoming old friends and future friends alike. And just like history Embassy Suites Portland Downtown will make a place in the heart of Portland as "The Grand Lady of Fourth Avenue."

Over the years numerous celebrities, political figures and royalty have adorned our halls. Look closely and you may see mingling with today's guests, spirits of Charles Lindbergh, Joan Crawford, James Stewart, Several American presidents, Queen Marie of Romania and the King himself, Elvis Presley among others.

Embassy Suites Portland Downtown continues the Multnomah traditions, making use of the unique lobby and mezzanine and renewing its emphasis on fine dining and entertainment and most importantly providing the finest facilities and service to assure the quality and success of your meeting.

http://embassysuites.citysearch.com/3.html
Old May 5, 03, 10:20 pm

Gotta go with the Downtown Embassy Suites as well. As a Diamond, I've been upgraded to a huge suite several times and have been very impressed with all aspects of my stay. Plus it's so unlike a typical ES and that alone was extra special. I'm not sure it's in the "middle of the nightlife" but it is on the edge, with maybe the Hilton being a little more central. In reality though, Portland's nightlife is sort of spread out all over the city. Try the Downtown ES--it's truly a special place.
Old May 6, 03, 8:15 pm

Anyone ever stay at the Homewood Suites in Beaverton? I got an award stay there coming up in July. Any good amenties for HH Gold? I've never stayed at a Homewood before. What's the property like? What's nearby? Any wineries close?
Old May 6, 03, 11:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by guy44134:
Anyone ever stay at the Homewood Suites in Beaverton? I got an award stay there coming up in July. Any good amenties for HH Gold? I've never stayed at a Homewood before. What's the property like? What's nearby? Any wineries close? </font>
Why would you want to do an award stay here? I have never stayed there - I live quite near. Its close to the High Tech corridor, so a lot of visiting techies stay there. Lots of winery action 30 mins away. Dundee, the local wine making town.
Old May 7, 03, 3:11 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL Silver, HHonors Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jkzahn:
Well, I am currently in Portland, OR at the Doubletree Columbia River (in the same lot as Jantzen Beach). &lt;text deleted&gt;
The hotel is a little older and is definitely not a standard DT, but it does have a little local flavor that the standard chain misses out on. &lt;text deleted&gt;
</font>
Both of these properties were originally Red Lions which may account for the "not a standard DT" feeling (as with many of the former Red Lions in the West).

[This message has been edited by rtpflyer (edited 05-07-2003).]
Old Aug 10, 03, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Has anyone got an opionion on the HGI Beaverton? Unbelievably low rates of $42 in October (visiting friends but also a mattress run).
Old Aug 10, 03, 12:52 pm
m

If it is what I`m thinking of, the HGI Beaverton is next to the Homewood. It appears to be a new, standard HGI, so your rate sounds good. The best HH property I`ve stayed at in the area (from a cost/quality value standpoint) is the Homewood in Vancouver - it is right on the Columbia with a jogging path along the river. Great location. It is not a typical Homewood since it is a series of 2 (or maybe 3) story buildings, with individual balconies or patios and imitation fireplaces. Very nice ambiance.

[This message has been edited by m (edited 08-10-2003).]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: