Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

Old Aug 12, 02, 10:44 pm

Location: La Jolla, CA; UA 1K & UGS; Northwest Silver Elite; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold; Marriot Silver Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by essxjay:
The downtown Towers property just opened about a month ago. Brand-spanking new, right across the street from the original downtown Hilton.</font>
Is the new Hilton Towers still part of the original downtown Hilton, or are they seperate hotels? I have a stay scheduled at the original downtown Hilton over Labor Day and would like to stay in the new Towers. Do I need to rebook at the Towers or will I have the option to be across the street?
Old Aug 13, 02, 8:14 am

I agree with a post above: beware the downtown DT.

If you are going to stay at a DT (as opposed to a Hilton)in the Portland area, I would suggest the Lloyd Center property. Nice sized rooms, great shrimp ommlette, it is on the Maxx. It is, however, on the "other" side of the river from downtown.

My rule for a hotel in Portland: can I get to Powell's in ten minutes walking?

God I love that bookstore.

Shink

[This message has been edited by Shinkansen (edited 08-13-2002).]
Old Aug 13, 02, 2:52 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Portland is one of the few places that I don't care about hotel points or miles, and instead always stay at The Lion and the Rose Bed and Breakfast if it's available.

Old Aug 14, 02, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
This reply is coming to you from the Portland Hilton new tower across the street from the Hilton. We arrived to check in at the Hilton, and they checked us in, and said all HHonors guests were "upgraded" to the new tower if possible. One Gold and one Diamond, we were both sent acoss the streeet to the new tower. Modern rooms, high speed internet access 9.95 for 24 hours. Breakfast coupons valid in either building, Wednesday night only one hour managers reception think these may be for Diamond only, but since I will be Diamond soon I also got them).

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
CLD, LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.

[This message has been edited by World20 (edited 08-14-2002).]

[This message has been edited by World20 (edited 08-14-2002).]
Old Aug 17, 02, 10:08 am

Just made a stay at DT d/town on Lincoln @ roomsaver,com rate of $59.00. Solid 3* no more. Older property. Watch out for $12 parking charge. Park off property for free. Got the D/T cookie amenity but no water or upgrade.
Old Aug 17, 02, 10:59 am

Thanks littleleaguemom,
Your report is much appreciated and enough to cure me of any thoughts of getting my family together in Bend. And I used to have romaticized images of Sunriver too.
Having a report from one who has been there is one of the real benefits of FlyerTalk!
Old Aug 17, 02, 11:53 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 2bgrounded:
I used to have romaticized images of Sunriver too. Having a report from one who has been there is one of the real benefits of FlyerTalk!</font>
Must be a common idea in the Bay Area - the sister who arranged this lives in Pleasanton. I'm sure Sunriver is not as bad when not smoky and freezing, but the prices are outrageous compared to the amenities. Email if you'd like more details. Portland, by contrast, was a wonderful surprise.

Old Aug 17, 02, 6:23 pm
SST

Medford has a Hampton Inn too, the only HHONORS property in Southern Oregon. Last August when I stayed there, it was brand new. Staff was fine, breakfast was cereal, points posted, nuff said.
Old Aug 17, 02, 7:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K, Avianca, Etihad
The Hampton Inn at PDX is perfectly adequate if this is needed. Free shuttle to terminal where you can catch the rail to downtown.
Old Aug 18, 02, 6:38 am
Suspended

Now if Hilton only had some properties along the Oregon Coast…[/B][/QUOTE]

Could not agree more on this comment, huge Hilton vacuum west of I 5 down the coast...

I stayed at the Hilton Eugene last weekend ans was upgraded to Concierge Level with free breakfast and nice views of the town as Gold VIP.Nice hotel and very convenient parking in their own garage !!
Old Aug 18, 02, 8:34 am

Don't remember exactly when, maybe 15 years ago, I remember staying at new Hilton just north of Newport. I believe it was called the Agate Beach Hilton. Didn't stay a Hilton long though, after a while I think they went independent. I just did a search and now it's a Best Western.

I remember when it was built it was considered big for the area and somewhat off the beaten path. Too bad it didn’t stay in the Hilton family; now with HH, it probably would be a pretty popular place to earn and redeem points.

Maybe someone else remembers this property a little better?
Old Aug 19, 02, 12:37 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Not to start a flame war, but Littleleaguemom's posts seem to inflame me more than most.

Makes one yearn for 1970 when our governor, Tom McCall had signs erected on the California border that stated, "Welcome to Oregon, you are welcome to visit, but please don't stay." and the OSP (Oregon State Police) stopped my 1964 VW with CT plates and a load of belongings 3 miles from the border and asked what I was doing in Oregon. 32 years later, I am still here!.

Mom, you would also smell if you were struck by lightening and caught fire. I could say nasty things about Motel Row in San Diego, but why bother. Yes, Hilton representation is lacking in our state. Having been a Homeowner in Sunriver in the past, if you ever decide to come again, rent a house at Sunriver and leave the attitude at home. Enjoy the 300 days of sunshine in the high desert (Sunriver is at 4800 feet and yes it gets cold there even in summer). Did you notice the white stuff on top of the mountains? That is snow, not a Walt Disney creation. Visit the "High Desert Museum", a unique enriching experience. Raft the Deschutes, visit Mt. Bachelor, ski all year round at Timberline on Mt. Hood (even if it is not in the Bend area) or wander out in the desert and trip over a tumbleweed or rattlesnake or two.

There are crummy hotels/motels all over the world. They are part of the adventure of traveling. Many of use peruse and post on this forum so that we can improve our stay experience. Based on your post, I will not stay at the Bend Hampton, but I will continue to stay at the one in Medford, recommend the new Portland Hilton Tower and the newer HGIs in the metropolitan area as well as the Lloyd Center Doubletree.

And above all==please start to enjoy life.
Old Aug 19, 02, 5:53 pm

Bend: this is not new nor built for H. This wonderful city could really use at least a new H Garden Inn or Homewood.

Beaverton: Brand new Hampton and Homewood next to each other. Both very nice and new.

Vancouver, Wa: very nice Homewood. For Halppy Hour include complimentary PN specialty beers.

Vancouver, BC: spectacular new modern Hampton. One of the best of all.
Old Sep 10, 02, 7:29 am

RDY3238, where can you park off property? Is the parking available at night? We might be arriving quite late, any suggestions?
Old Sep 10, 02, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
HGI PDX or Doubletree Columbia River

I will be staying in Portland one night. Both are available at the same price. Any comments on these good or bad. Which should I choose as a Gold.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: