Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2002, 6:58 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
If I recall correctly, there is a Hilton Garden Inn not too far from the Portland airport. Stayed there once. It is fairly new and quite nice.

I have stayed at least 3-4 times at the Hilton Eugene on Priceline rates. As a Hilton Diamond I received a very nice room on the Executive level and was more than pleased with the service.
Old Aug 5, 2002, 6:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileKing:
If I recall correctly, there is a Hilton Garden Inn not too far from the Portland airport. Stayed there once. It is fairly new and quite nice.
</font>
There are several HGI in the Portland area. Beaverton, Lake Oswego and pdx airport. All for around $69 - $89. Also several Hampton Inns. Gresham, airport, Clackamas. None are much to write home about and avoid the Airport HI, its old and noisy.

Old Aug 5, 2002, 7:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
The Embassay Suites in downtown PDX is quite nice. And the Hilton Towers just opened about a month ago across the street from the downtown Hilton, so same central location w/nicer (and obviously newer) rooms.
Old Aug 5, 2002, 9:40 pm

I can’t vouch for the new Hilton Towers, but I have stayed at the Portland Hilton both on the company’s dime and via Priceline, and can’t complain at all. Have been upgraded and provided cocktail vouchers and breakfast both times, with no questions asked.

When downtown, I prefer the Downtown Embassy Suites, which is the beautifully refurbished Multnomah Hotel. Each time I’ve been upgraded to a suite somewhat larger than my first apartment; and with the welcome amenity, the breakfast and manager’s cocktail hour, I have never been disappointed. Of the other two area ES’s, the newest is near PDX and the other is next door to Washington Square Shopping Center in nearby Tigard. Both have proven to be solid and reliable properties. Again, no complaints.

I’ve also stayed at the HGI in Lake Oswego, near the intersection of I-5 and Hwy 217, a couple of times. This property is pretty much a standard HGI, but is fairly new, has a nice location just off the freeway, and is especially convenient to West Portland, Beaverton and Tigard.

Further south on I-5, the Eugene, OR Hilton is located adjacent to the downtown Hult Center for the Performing Arts. It is also a very nice property, with a friendly executive lounge. You are forewarned—it can get pretty crazy there, as well as the rest of the city, on Saturdays during college football season. There are plenty of things to do downtown, some great restaurants, and the quirky 5th St. Public Market is within walking distance. You can rent bikes nearby (Eugene is home to one of the country’s best system of bike trails) and ride along both sides of the Willamette River, as well as to the University of Oregon. The Eugene Hilton is one of our favorite weekend “get aways.”

Now if Hilton only had some properties along the Oregon Coast…
Old Aug 7, 2002, 12:17 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 2bgrounded:
I have wished Hilton would open a Bend area hotel and see that there now is a Hampton Inn with rates under $100.
Would be interested in reports on this Hampton.
</font>
Littleleaguedad and I stayed at the Bend Hampton Inn Saturday night in a king study room. Yech! We left the Portland Westin en route my husbands' family reunion in Sunriver for this place??? Looked like a re-branded Motel Podunk. $94 vs $119 for the Westin with heavenly bed, bath, internet, etc. I've only stayed in nice suburban Hamptons and was expecting the same. Ha! This one had outside hallways, teensy baths with a sink in the bedroom, no closet (just an inadequate armoire), internet plugs into the back of the phone, no fitness room - just certs to Golds Gym which wasn't open. Nice staff, OK beds and breakfast, got the "Hampton Touch." It wasn't their fault that it was ICY COLD OUTDOORS and the air reeked of forest fire. We moved on to the Sunriver Hotel (also a mediocre rip-off) where the temp later hit 33F. Have never been so glad to go home. Even my wacko in-laws agreed that our next reunion would be in Maui.
Old Aug 7, 2002, 6:09 pm

Portland, OR: Doubletree or Embassy or Hilton?

Which one of these is the most modern and nicest to stay? Any have executive clubs? Is H different than the H Tower, or just changed name?
Old Aug 7, 2002, 6:18 pm

Is the Portland Hilton the same as the H Tower downtown? Or separate building with same check-in? Which one is nicer and have better Ex Club and Gym?
Old Aug 7, 2002, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I don't know where the DT or ES are located, but IM(nsh)O, being on the downtown side of the river is more important than the property itself. That said, the Hilton, for a "large" convention-style hotel has a feeling of a slightly more intimate place. I have stayed there a handful of times and never felt like I was staying in downtown Portland's largest property.
Old Aug 7, 2002, 7:59 pm

I've been to both DT and ES. DT had a very motel type feel. Was not very impressed. The ES was much nicer and in a more hopping neighborhood. That being said, however, I did have a lot of noise from the bars/clubs outside my window several floors down that was disturbing. If you choose the ES, ask to be put on a side of the hotel away from that.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 9:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Starwood Gold
I stayed at the DT last weekend and have stayed at the other two properties within the past couple of years. If money is no object, I would chose the ES, mainly because I like the old building that has been renovated into the hotel. Both the Hilton and ES are in good locations and convenient to the tourist attractions. The DR is not as convenient. It is a half-mile walk to the MAX, a couple of blocks to the streetcar or about a block to the bus line. Often, the DT has a $62 rate available through on-line booking, which makes it attractive. All charge for parking--the DT was $12. My room there was very small with a double bed. The hotel was full, so there were no other rooms available for upgrade. (tour buses in the lot)
Old Aug 8, 2002, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I've stayed at both the ES and the Hilton. I must say the ES is quite nice! My room rocked and I didn't even get upgraded. The breakfast buffet is quite nice too! Hilton was small and actually more expensive than the ES was so I'd recommend ES. Never stayed at the DT.
Old Aug 9, 2002, 5:17 am

Gotta go with the ES also, for the reasons outlined here and in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...L/004976.html. It's really a nice place!
Old Aug 10, 2002, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat.; DL Plat; Hilton Gold
I hate to admit it, but I've been staying across the street at the Heathman. I only get the airline miles, but it's a ****ed fine hotel, and well worth it.
Old Aug 10, 2002, 5:33 pm

A little off-topic, but while in Portland (stayed at the Hilton; nice room, good staff, great location) we enjoyed a fantastic meal at Oba ( http://portland.citysearch.com/profile/8463264/ ). 555 NW 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97209-3038 Phone: (503) 228-6161.

Really great food and good atmosphere. Worth the taxi ride or walk (a few miles north of the Hilton).
Old Aug 12, 2002, 8:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
The downtown Towers property just opened about a month ago. Brand-spanking new, right across the street from the original downtown Hilton. And ES does indeed rock. The downtown DoubleTree is a dump.

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 08-12-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.