Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

Old May 14, 2018, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by aroundtheworld76
The Lloyd Center area near the DT is rapidly evolving from the mall/ office neighborhood it was. I live in Sullivan's Gulch, which borders the Lloyd District and I walk through there when I go downtown. They're about halfway through the process of adding 10K new apartments to the neighborhood. The market rate being a bit less than the Pearl and well under South Waterfront, they are quite accessible and I'm thinking of moving into one. That has brought along new dining, drinking and shopping options, especially as some of the food cart pods are pushed across the river by downtown high rise developments. I imagine we'll see another Hilton property in the neighborhood soon.
That's good to hear. I always thought it was odd that an area so convenient was so underused for actual living and not just work. Not to mention how much crime I've head about at Holladay Park. I need to see what it being done with the actual mall itself. It was a bit of a ghost town last time I was in there just a few months back. The closing attorney we used when we sold our house was in one of the offices attached to the mall so we walked through just for old times sake after we signed our paperwork and said goodbye to our beloved Sellwood home.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was reading this thread before returning back to Portland and Oregon after a 2 year hiatus, and this time I stayed at the Hilton Portland and DT Portland.

The Hilton Portland was good as others have said, comfortable and quiet, and the room looking like it has been refurbished recently, along with the biggest TV I have seen in a non suite room, 65 inches! Breakfast credit was $15 as a Diamond, either the buffet or off the menu, which I picked something off and I thought it was pretty good.

The DoubleTree was alright, old room, but it was very large, as they gave me a 2 bed queen room. Breakfast for Diamond/Gold guests was a Continental buffet breakfast, with a $3 surcharge to have the full Buffet with the hot items. I thought the regular options were intentionally limited to push people to have the full buffet, but I didn't think they looked very appealing. I didn't use the 'free' Lloyds Centre parking as mentioned earlier as I didn't want to drag 2 cases through the shopping center and car park the next morning, but did get a park space right next to the hotel entrance, as I was leaving before 10am, and only needed to pay $2 to cover the parking until I left - better than the $27 self parking charge, which they tried to stick on my bill....
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
New Tru by Hilton in Eugene

The documents show the project branded as a Tru by Hilton hotel, which would be built immediately east of their Candlewood Suites hotel site along Franklin Boulevard in the western part of Glenwood.

[…]

They hope to secure building permits and break ground around April, with a roughly one-year construction timeline.

“We want to finish before the [June 2020] Olympic trials,” Patel said.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:27 pm

New Hampton in Sherwood

https://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/ho...HHX/index.html

Scheduled to open in October.

Dayrooms only
Attached Images  
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:48 pm

Hampton Inn Portland Airport is undergoing at least an external renovation. At the Sheraton next door so don't know if the inside is being renovated as well and there's nothing on the website. One new change is $15/overnight parking or hourly parking charges. Ticket gates in/out have been added to the existing parking lots.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:06 pm

Two news hotels in Bend/Redmond

Home2 in Bend and another Hampton Inn near RDM, both still under construction. Good! Bend is very short of rooms during the summer, judging from the pricing. I hate during project work there during that time because it's forcing me into less preferred brands. Winters on the other hand, are still reasonable. Or what passes for reasonable at chain hotels in Oregon.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:38 am

Bend Home2 is bookable from Sept 5 onward. Redmond Airport Hampton is still not available but the Hilton website says they're opening in September.

ETA: found why the Hampton has been delayed

https://ktvz.com/news/fire/2020/12/2...ng-completion/
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Two questions: first, what's a good HH hotel at the airport? I'm arriving very late, want to get my butt into a comfortable bed in a quiet room asap. Thoughts?

Second, any experience with the HGI in Wilsonville?

Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:50 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
At PDX have stayed at both the HGI and ES. Both were fine.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jcresq
Two questions: first, what's a good HH hotel at the airport? I'm arriving very late, want to get my butt into a comfortable bed in a quiet room asap. Thoughts?
Which airport? There are a few in Oregon.

David
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Sorry...PDX.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:16 pm

I've stayed at most of them and they are fine. 6am flights to the east coast call for drastic measures sometimes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.