Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The Hilton and Duniway are as close to the light rail as those are.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by acarney

hoe come?
Price and location and because it's near a mall the DT has 'free' parking.

Bob H
Old May 11, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I have only stayed at the Duniway, for the same reason (Arlene Schnitzer hall event). Very good experience as a Gold.
acarney likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by BobH
Price and location and because it's near a mall the DT has 'free' parking.

Bob H
I won't have a car that day and I'm planning to spend most my time out at the zoo and then attending a lecture later that night. Unless location is great because of local food options or something like that (or maybe museum or something that could replace the zoo or I could split my time between the two) I'm not too keen on changing the location of where I am downtown.

What the gold breakfast like at the Duniway? Do you know what time on Saturday's they start breakfast? Do you think I'll have any issues having the Duniway hold one small carry on bag from like 9 or 10am until I check in later that day at like 5pm? (I assume my room won't be ready that early in the morning but I'll be on the Red line max anyway and figure I'll drop my bag off at the hotel and then head off to the zoo for the day and then return to downtown later and actually check in to get my room)
Old May 11, 2018, 5:31 pm

Yeah but I would take downtown location over Lloyd Center any day. I'm not fond of that area . The Schnitz is a short walk from the Hilton/Duniway. They are also a lot better for food, attractions, and getting to the zoo.

Last edited by MissJ; May 11, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Old May 11, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Their chicken and waffles at breakfast was beyond awesome! Unfortunately, coffee is a la carte, so cuts into the food allowance.

If you have a same day reservation, they'll surely hold your bag. I did a bit of a trip report with photos in the Duniway thread itself.
Old May 12, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by MissJ
Yeah but I would take downtown location over Lloyd Center any day. I'm not fond of that area . The Schnitz is a short walk from the Hilton/Duniway. They are also a lot better for food, attractions, and getting to the zoo.
Light rail into downtown is only a few minutes from Lloyd Center (a place I visited only when I stayed at the DT; future trips where I stayed downtown I had no reason to go back to Lloyd Center). The DT Lloyd Center isn't a bad property but it is older and Lloyd Center isn't anything special. If you have no car, unless there is a huge cost difference in the rate, definitely go for one of the downtown locations...
Old May 12, 2018, 7:33 am

I agree. I lived in Portland for many years, only left a few months ago, and I rarely went to Lloyd Center. I think I've been in there literally three times in my life. Years ago I had a drug test for a new job and there was a location inside the mall, the third floor is now mostly offices, I remember being like whoa, I can't believe this place is maybe 5 miles from my house and that was the second time I had ever been there. Malls aren't a big thing in Portland. That one does have an ice rink in it though.

Anyway, I digress. The ES in the city is a good property, I stayed there once for fun during a beer festival, but the location is nowhere near as nice or convenient as the Hilton/Duniway for your activities. That part of town gets a little loud on the weekend.

The Hilton area has a lot of food options near. My favorite juice bar is right across the street (I would like for an Extra Mile smoothie from Kure right now), if you want to go the opposite way in calorie count Coco donuts is right there as well and is my favorite donut choice in Portland, Yard House is open late and has some good food and beer even if it's a chain and they are open late if you need that, pizza place called Schmizza right there as well. These are all within a block of the hotel.
Old May 12, 2018, 3:37 pm

I agree. I lived in Portland for many years, only left a few months ago, and I rarely went to Lloyd Center. I think I've been in there literally three times in my life. Years ago I had a drug test for a new job and there was a location inside the mall, the third floor is now mostly offices, I remember being like whoa, I can't believe this place is maybe 5 miles from my house and that was the second time I had ever been there. Malls aren't a big thing in Portland. That one does have an ice rink in it though.

Anyway, I digress. The ES in the city is a good property, I stayed there once for fun during a beer festival, but the location is nowhere near as nice or convenient as the Hilton/Duniway for your activities. That part of town gets a little loud on the weekend.

The Hilton area has a lot of food options near. My favorite juice bar is right across the street (I would like for an Extra Mile smoothie from Kure right now), if you want to go the opposite way in calorie count Coco donuts is right there as well and is my favorite donut choice in Portland, Yard House is open late and has some good food and beer even if it's a chain and they are open late if you need that, pizza place called Schmizza right there as well. These are all within a block of the hotel.
Oh boy, are you going to take a beating for the Coco donuts comment?? I’m used to people raving about Voodoo being the best on Earth.... (I’ve tried neither, but might make time for Coco this trip if it’s close; I do like my donuts :P)
Old May 12, 2018, 7:41 pm

Voodoo is a tourist attraction. Locals go to Blue Star, Coco, Pip's, and a few others. Donuts are by far my favorite sweet treat. Way more than cake, cupcakes, chocolate, ice cream, etc.

Voodoo is pretty far from best in Earth IMO. Nothing says "I don't live here" like a pink box lol

Last edited by MissJ; May 12, 2018 at 7:49 pm
Old May 13, 2018, 6:48 am
Suspended

Anyone have thoughts on the Curio Porter hotel? Have 2 nights held there for August but could also do the Hilton.

Cheers
Old May 13, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Anyone have thoughts on the Curio Porter hotel? Have 2 nights held there for August but could also do the Hilton.

Cheers
i just stayed last week for a night. Hotel is nice overall. There was not separate face and body soap, just one glycerine bar. Breakfast was a $12 credit in either the restaurant or the grab and go. Parking was valet only for $40 something, or some self park across the street.

Old May 14, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Voodoo is a tourist attraction. Locals go to Blue Star, Coco, Pip's, and a few others. Donuts are by far my favorite sweet treat. Way more than cake, cupcakes, chocolate, ice cream, etc.

Voodoo is pretty far from best in Earth IMO. Nothing says "I don't live here" like a pink box lol
OMG...Blue Star.......Yum. I take visiting tourists to Voodoo and must admit that some of their concoctions are tasty, but Blue Star is the best.

The Lloyd Center area near the DT is rapidly evolving from the mall/ office neighborhood it was. I live in Sullivan's Gulch, which borders the Lloyd District and I walk through there when I go downtown. They're about halfway through the process of adding 10K new apartments to the neighborhood. The market rate being a bit less than the Pearl and well under South Waterfront, they are quite accessible and I'm thinking of moving into one. That has brought along new dining, drinking and shopping options, especially as some of the food cart pods are pushed across the river by downtown high rise developments. I imagine we'll see another Hilton property in the neighborhood soon.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chukiechz

i just stayed last week for a night. Hotel is nice overall. There was not separate face and body soap, just one glycerine bar. Breakfast was a $12 credit in either the restaurant or the grab and go. Parking was valet only for $40 something, or some self park across the street.

Only $12 credit? Are you a gold or a diamond? Do they have an executive lounge? Wondering if we should move the reservation to the Duniway? As a Diamound, I would have thought breakfast would have been included at a minimum? Would that $12 credit be per person or for both?
Old May 14, 2018, 11:29 am

Anyone know what time the breakfast starts on a Saturday at the downtown Hilton and at the Duniway? Looking at my plans and since I just realized weekends might have breakfast start later, I might actually switch properties if it means one I get breakfast before I have to be out of the hotel (probably checking out at 6:45am) vs not. My next chance is either way overpriced airport food, PDX Alaska lounge, or when I'm in Seattle at around 10am.... Plus the difference in fare and if I order any dinner charged to my room probably puts me above the $300 for the 3,500 bonus Amex MR points offer...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.