Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2006, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Another option: The HGI just east of PDX is a very nice property. Excellent staff. Shuttle was waiting for us when we exited the airport. Upgraded to a small suite. Good value. OK breakfast.
I agree with the above except .... the horrible bedding was an instant dealbeaker the minute I encountered it.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Rubble
It's pretty nice with good highway access. It's on service road near airport and can be tricky to get to the first time. Get directions from rental car booth.
I second the recommendation on the Embassy Suites PDX airport. One of the nicer ones I have stayed at. If you get a west facing room (I ask for these specifically) you can watch the airplanes taxiing, it's that close. Parking is free but they host a lot of conferences there so in the late afternoon parking can get interesting but it clears out by midevening after the attendees leave.

BTW, major gotcha at PDX, the closest gas station is miles away. Fill your rental car up before you go to th airport or hotel, they really jam you at PDX and if it's after hours the closest gas station is not in a great area.

--PP
Old Sep 21, 2006, 9:15 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by VideoPaul
BTW, major gotcha at PDX, the closest gas station is miles away. Fill your rental car up before you go to th airport or hotel, they really jam you at PDX and if it's after hours the closest gas station is not in a great area.
And remember, there's no self-serve gas in Oregon, all stations are required by law to be full-serve. You'll get scolded if you try to pump your own. I do a lot of business in Vancouver and always fill up on the Washington side before crossing the bridge.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:13 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I agree with the above except .... the horrible bedding was an instant dealbeaker the minute I encountered it.
Our bedding was fine -- except for the miserable pillows.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:16 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Another possibility: the Homewood Suites Beaverton.

Great property. Great staff. Got upgraded to a HUGE two-bedroom suite.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:27 pm

A final report from our almost-week in Oregon.

The Hampton Inn Gresham/Troutdale is very, very basic. I'm glad I got it for 7500 points before the change in categories. No way is it worth 20,000.

Very nice check-in staff, got upgraded to a Jacuzzi room. Don't think there are any suites at the property. Breakfast below par for Hampton. Best thing about it is that it is 5-10 minutes from the airport and is on the street (Airport Way) that goes right into the airport. Area is a wee bit scuzzy, so not anywhere you'll want to walk at night.....

If this price is right and you need a room before/after the airport, this is an ok choice.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The actual PDX Hampton itself

I found that property was okay.
Drawback for me is that it's just far enough from the airport/MAX station to require the shuttle, but close enough to really not want to have to do so.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:12 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite , Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by cblaisd
A final report from our almost-week in Oregon.

The Hampton Inn Gresham/Troutdale is very, very basic. I'm glad I got it for 7500 points before the change in categories. No way is it worth 20,000.

Very nice check-in staff, got upgraded to a Jacuzzi room. Don't think there are any suites at the property. Breakfast below par for Hampton. Best thing about it is that it is 5-10 minutes from the airport and is on the street (Airport Way) that goes right into the airport. Area is a wee bit scuzzy, so not anywhere you'll want to walk at night.....

If this price is right and you need a room before/after the airport, this is an ok choice.
Gotta agree with your assessment. I was there recently as well.
Not the best Hilton property I've stayed at but it was very close to an event I was attending so the convenience was a major factor.
I show 'high floor away from the elevator' on my preferences but was given a ground floor room across from the pool and next to the laundry. Despite that, my room was OK and quiet.
You are right about the breakfast 'buffet'. About the worst I've had at a Hampton-and I've had quite a few.
I was not using a point stay, and was quite surprised to be charged almost 20 % less for my room than what I'd been quoted on my online reservation. This made the whole experience a pretty good value in my mind and If I had another reason to be in the area, I'd probably stay there again.

Commander Bob
Closer to the OTHER Vancouver
Old May 8, 2007, 6:58 am

Programs: NWA-Silver; Hyatt-Plat; PriorityClub - Gold; HHonnors-Gold
HH Properties Portland, OR (Mt. Hood)

I am going to Portland for a wedding and Mrs. Manthis1 wants to do some shopping in Portland. I am looking for a good recommendation for downtown Portland (Thurs and Friday night) and then a hotel near Mt. hood were the wedding is on Saturday night.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks
Old May 8, 2007, 7:24 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
The Hilton Portland is right downtown and is a large conference hotel. I've also stayed at the Embassy Suites downtown. It's in an historic building and has a bit more character. The Doubletree Lloyd Center is just outside of downtown, will probably have cheaper rates, and is just a few stops from downtown on the light rail (MAX) system.

There's not really anything in the Hilton Family closer to Mt. Hood than the hotels at PDX (Embassy Suites, HGI, and Hampton). There is a Hampton Inn Portland East (3039 NE 181st Avenue) that might be closer depending on which side of Mt. Hood you're headed towards.
Old May 8, 2007, 9:11 am

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Clackamas using points(10,000) before driving over to Mt Hood. The property is right off the interstate so it was a easy drive over to Mt Hood and to PDX. Also tell the wife that there's great shopping less then a mile away. There's a big mall in the area with lots of nice stores surrounding it.... "My wife had to be dragged out of the "The Rack" Nordstrom because they were closing Also easy drive over to Lake Oswego's and Eugene as thats where we went for a football game for a couple days ...Good Luck

Last edited by porkchop922; May 8, 2007 at 11:18 am
Old May 8, 2007, 11:26 am

http://sainthonorebakery.com/ ...... the one in Portland.^ ^ ^
Old May 8, 2007, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
The Embassy Suites at the airport is a great property.
Old May 8, 2007, 3:31 pm

As is the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport.

The nearest HHonors property to Mt. Hood is the Hampton Inn in far east Portland (as mentioned by a previous poster). It is very, very, very basic.
Old May 8, 2007, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

For downtown Portland I really like the Embassy Suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.