Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}

Old Feb 11, 06, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I prefer the Hilton downtown to the ES because I can usually get it on weekends for a much cheaper rate, and have always been upgraded. DT @ Lloyd Center is the best close-in deal being only a few minutes away by fare-less train! Only drawback there was the coffee in the dining room: b-a-d!
Airport HGI had that miserably uncomfortable bedding. It often shows up on weekends at bargain rates, but I would not stay there again for that reason. The Hampton is so-so, good for a night of mattress-hopping if the airport ES comes through at a high(er) rate.
Old Feb 11, 06, 10:53 am

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, QR Silver, LH, SQ,AA, AF
Thanks everyone for all the advise!
Old Feb 11, 06, 4:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
DT @ Lloyd Center is the best close-in deal being only a few minutes away by fare-less train! Only drawback there was the coffee in the dining room: b-a-d!
I don't know how long ago that was, but at least as of summer 2005 there is a mini-Starbucks by the entrance to the dining room, and Starbucks done right is also served in the dining room as far as I could tell (as I, too, am a coffee snob ).

Oh, and since you mentioned bedding, at the DT the Lanai suites have standard king mattresses, while the parlor suites have the plush bedding. But the lanai beds were perfectly comfortable (as I, too, hate some of those rock hard Hilton beds).

Last edited by Rut Dog; Feb 11, 06 at 4:30 pm
Old Feb 11, 06, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It's not the mattresses I mind but the horrific bedding/sheets! I have run into that icky situation at a couple of HGI's.
Old Apr 11, 06, 6:32 am

Programs: DL FO, US SP, SPG G, HH S, PC PLT
Oregon Help Eugene HI vs. Corvallis?

I tried to do a serach and not much come up.

We are traveling to Oregon and trying to choose between these two locations. Does anyone have any recents in these two locations? I have not stayed at either of these locations. I am trying rack up points for a European trip in the fall.

Thanks again for any input.

SCA
Old Apr 11, 06, 9:54 am

Location: airports: SFO (lots) OAK (when possible); live: Concord, CA
Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
You do realize these towns are an hour apart? Presumably the reasons for your visit drive which hotel you will need to stay at -- it's not as though these two hotels are down the street from one another and it's just a matter of choosing one.

Having said that, I have never stayed in Corvallis but did spend 23 weeks "living" at the Hilton Eugene & Conference Center last year while on business travel. That's where I earned Silver, and Gold, and Diamond.

What would you like to know about it, or Eugene in general?

SEA2BA
Old Apr 11, 06, 10:06 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by SAnger3494
We are traveling to Oregon and trying to choose between these two locations. Does anyone have any recents in these two locations? I have not stayed at either of these locations. I am trying rack up points for a European trip in the fall.
As you probably already know, Corvallis has a Garden Inn and Eugene has a Hilton and an HI. As SEA2BA pointed out, Corvallis and Eugene are about an hour's drive apart. Do you have a reason for being in the area? If so, why not just stay at the hotel property nearest where you want to be or what you would like to do?

I've never stayed at any of the hotel properties concerned, but did live in Corvallis for four years, if you have any questions about the area.
Old Apr 11, 06, 10:20 am
Original Member

For whatever good it will do you, I'm staying ast the Hilton in Eugene next month for two nights. If that is an option and you can wait that long for a report, let me know and I'll post on my return.

Larry
Old Apr 11, 06, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Larrude
For whatever good it will do you, I'm staying ast the Hilton in Eugene next month for two nights. If that is an option and you can wait that long for a report, let me know and I'll post on my return.

Larry

There's no need for SAnger3494 to wait. Like I said, I lived at the Hilton Eugene & Conference Center for 23 weeks last year (April-October) and could walk every inch of the place with my eyes closed, not to mention all the surrounding restaurants.

I'm happy to provide whatever info SAnger3494 is interested in, but rather than simply launching into a novel about my 23-week stay, if some additional detail could be provided re: concerns/interests/objectives, I'll be better able to fine-tune it to more of a novella.

Thanks,
SEA2BA

Last edited by SEA2BA; Apr 11, 06 at 11:39 am Reason: to note the 23 weeks were specificially at EUG Hilton
Old Apr 11, 06, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL FO, US SP, SPG G, HH S, PC PLT
Thanks for the input SEA2B2 can I PM you later.

Yes I understand they are an hour apart. If one was much better than the other, then I can sell it to MRS SAnger3494.

Thanks again

SCA
Old Apr 11, 06, 12:16 pm

I stayed at the HI in Corvalis last August. It's a very nice property and as a Gold I was given the pantry and breakfast coupons. The rooms were nicely appointed and the staff was very friendly, if all you need is the stay credit and this one is cheaper then by all means give it a go. I would return.
Old Apr 11, 06, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by SAnger3494
Thanks for the input SEA2B2 can I PM you later.

Yes I understand they are an hour apart. If one was much better than the other, then I can sell it to MRS SAnger3494.

Thanks again

SCA

Sure, absolutely, PM me for more details -- got tons to share about EUG and the Hilton there.

In terms of deciding which to stay at, honestly (and nothing against either) if you are coming all the way from Florida to the NW, neither town is a standout by any stretch of the imagination. So I'm assuming you're just passing through either of these towns on the way to the real NW highlights, in which case, it really is half-dozen of one and six of the other. Compared to everything else Oregon has to offer, these two are really not that different from each other.

I'll keep an eye out for your PM.

SEA2BA
Old Sep 15, 06, 11:07 pm

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold, US Silver, WN No Luv
Portland recommendation

Hello, looking for a quick recommendation for a Hilton family property in Portland. I've always stayed at the Marriott City Center but want to focus on my Hilton account this year. The Hiltons look a little out of my price range for this trip, but the Embassy Suites, Hampton Inns and Homewood suites all seem in the right ballpark. I've never done a Homewood suites so have been leaning towards one of hose properties just for the sake of trying one. Very flexible on location as long as it's in the greater metro area. Thanks for any ideas or--at least--any "must avoids"

Last edited by Canarsie; Sep 22, 06 at 8:31 am Reason: This milepost (and the following twenty-one mileposts) were merged into this thread unedited.
Old Sep 15, 06, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Assuming you are referring to Portland OREGON vs. Maine. My suggestion won't help you with points but if you check out biddingfortravel.com you will see that the Hilton Towers can be had for really great rates via priceline
Old Sep 16, 06, 12:33 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Admirals Club, HH Diamond, MR Silver, National Executive Elite
Embassy Suites @ PDX Airport

It's pretty nice with good highway access. It's on service road near airport and can be tricky to get to the first time. Get directions from rental car booth.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: