Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 3/30 - 3/31

Location: The hotel is located on Airport Road very close to the entrance to YYZ. Around the hotel are a number of other chain hotels, a gas station and a 24 hour Tim Hortons! You can easily walk to and from Terminal 1 (Air Canada) as it's only 1 kM away and there are sidewalks the whole way. This means you can also get to the UP Airport Express train from the hotel very easily. I took an Uber back from the Trinity Bellwoods area of Toronto and it was $CAD 30

Hotel: I was impressed by the hotel. They have their own parking lot out from as well as a large expansive and comfortable lobby that has been renovated recently. There's a small business center and bar and restaurant there. Just off the lobby is a gift shop and on the lower level is a gym and indoor pool. The shuttle runs strange hours: 4 AM to 9 AM every 20 minutes, 9 am to 5 pm every half hour, 5 pm to midnight every 15 minutes and until 4 am every 30 minutes.

Check In: I arrived at 11:30 and was happy to be told I not only could check in right away but had been upgraded to a suite on the 9th (Club Level) floor. Because the lounge is closed on weekends (something I really don't like) I was given a coupon for an appetizer and non alcoholic drink at the bar and told I would get an American breakfast at the restaurant.

Room: Very nice and new feeling. It had a separate living room with desk and couch and TV, a bedroom with another TV and a nice enough bathroom. The shower however did not get very hot but that's my lone complaint.

This is a good hotel for an airport stay and because you can walk to the UP, it worked out pretty well for touring Toronto too. I'd be back
YOWCDNFF likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - 3/30 - 3/31

Location: The hotel is located on Airport Road very close to the entrance to YYZ. Around the hotel are a number of other chain hotels, a gas station and a 24 hour Tim Hortons! You can easily walk to and from Terminal 1 (Air Canada) as it's only 1 kM away and there are sidewalks the whole way. This means you can also get to the UP Airport Express train from the hotel very easily. I took an Uber back from the Trinity Bellwoods area of Toronto and it was $CAD 30

Hotel: I was impressed by the hotel. They have their own parking lot out from as well as a large expansive and comfortable lobby that has been renovated recently. There's a small business center and bar and restaurant there. Just off the lobby is a gift shop and on the lower level is a gym and indoor pool. The shuttle runs strange hours: 4 AM to 9 AM every 20 minutes, 9 am to 5 pm every half hour, 5 pm to midnight every 15 minutes and until 4 am every 30 minutes.

Check In: I arrived at 11:30 and was happy to be told I not only could check in right away but had been upgraded to a suite on the 9th (Club Level) floor. Because the lounge is closed on weekends (something I really don't like) I was given a coupon for an appetizer and non alcoholic drink at the bar and told I would get an American breakfast at the restaurant.

Room: Very nice and new feeling. It had a separate living room with desk and couch and TV, a bedroom with another TV and a nice enough bathroom. The shower however did not get very hot but that's my lone complaint.

This is a good hotel for an airport stay and because you can walk to the UP, it worked out pretty well for touring Toronto too. I'd be back
They now no longer have an executive lounge at all. Although the app says that the diamond benefit is access to the executive lounge and the hotel description says executive lounge. You don’t get a full breakfast but only a continental breakfast unless you pay an additional fee. And no coupons for drinks or appetizers. I won’t be staying here anymore for sure especially with the misrepresentation Saying that there is an executive lounge when there isn’t and no sort of compensation when you arrive to find it’s disappeared!

Last edited by lallied; Oct 17, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by lallied
They now no longer have an executive lounge at all. Although the app says that the diamond benefit is access to the executive lounge and the hotel description says executive lounge. You don’t get a full breakfast but only a continental breakfast unless you pay an additional fee. And no coupons for drinks or appetizers. I won’t be staying here anymore for sure especially with the misrepresentation Saying that there is an executive lounge when there isn’t and no sort of compensation when you arrive to find it’s disappeared!
That's too bad they didn't update the info in the hotel description.

My most recent stay at this property was just in September, and their lobby was still under renovations. Due to the renovations and lack of executive lounge (as conveyed to me by the front desk agent), they gave me a breakfast coupon for the hot breakfast buffet. However, it was not served in the restaurant (which was under reno), but in a ballroom transformed into a make-shift breakfast room. While I like having a hot breakfast, the offerings were pretty basic, due to the temporary setting. I was not aware that had an executive lounge been available that my breakfast would've been continental only.

I'm with you...there are way too many Hilton properties near YYZ (often at lower rates) to book a stay here again with no lounge, no hot breakfast, nor any coupons for drink / appie, etc.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by SteadyAT
That's too bad they didn't update the info in the hotel description.

My most recent stay at this property was just in September, and their lobby was still under renovations. Due to the renovations and lack of executive lounge (as conveyed to me by the front desk agent), they gave me a breakfast coupon for the hot breakfast buffet. However, it was not served in the restaurant (which was under reno), but in a ballroom transformed into a make-shift breakfast room. While I like having a hot breakfast, the offerings were pretty basic, due to the temporary setting. I was not aware that had an executive lounge been available that my breakfast would've been continental only.

I'm with you...there are way too many Hilton properties near YYZ (often at lower rates) to book a stay here again with no lounge, no hot breakfast, nor any coupons for drink / appie, etc.
Hmm. They assured me had been like that for months and everyone knew the exec lounge was gone for good. I hadn’t been there since may and in may was told was being renovated and also got breakfast and a coupon for an appetizer. Which I didn’t use as in late and out early but...x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.