Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Pictorial Review part -2- (exec lounge)

Exec lounge ATL airport by BA_pics, on Flickr

ATL airport lounge 2 by BA_pics, on Flickr

Lounge 3 by BA_pics, on Flickr
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Anyone know what time EL opens for breakfast? TIA
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Any recent experiences at this property? I am looking for a one night stay near the ATL airport on an upcoming Friday night stay. I am Diamond but any reports from Golds should be about the same.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I'll bump this up. Any recent stays here as a diamond? I'm staying here next Sunday for a night and am still deciding whether or not to switch. The rate is about $100 or 28k points with others like the DT and HGI in the area going for about $80 or 20k points. Good diamond treatment would be nice but I'm there for a night and likely will only be in the room to sleep for a morning flight so honestly a good clean room is most important.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Check if the EL is even open at the weekend. I'm seeing an increasing number of Hiltons, mainly at airport locations, whose EL's only open during the week (Boston Logan, I'm looking at you!). In the case of BOS, the weekend is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Hmppf. Specifically on ATL, I stayed there about 6 weeks ago. It was OK, service was a little slow, Only beer and wine during the evening, and not free. The EL is small, cramped, noisy and hot. The room was just OK, tired and tatty. As a Diamond, I did not get an upgrade or even the choice to select a room on the EL floor. Just meh.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG GLD, MR GLD
I just finished a 2-night stay here. Was mostly disappointed in this property. Checked in early (1:30PMish) on Saturday with an King Award reservation for the first night, and a paid exec. level for night 2. I was told rooms weren't available so they would call. Checked at the desk 45 minutes later and the second FD agent upgrades me and gets me in an Exec. room right away. Room was musty and lounge was closed for the Labor Day weekend. Only given a voucher for a pastry and coffee in the Herb'n Kitchen coffee place in the lobby. Room was fine other than the smell. For whatever reason, housekeeping did not service my room on the second day. FD agent wasn't able to get ahold of anyone, so I went looking on 3-4 different floors for a HK still on duty. Found one who brought up towels and made the bed. I would choose a different property should I need an ATL airport stay in the future.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Due to the snow mess at LGA this week, I got to make a detour to ATL on my way back from Miami. As expected, getting a hotel in Atlanta was difficult due to all the cancellations but I was happy to get one of the last rooms at the Hilton Atlanta Airport instead of having to look for a hotel in the city. (Preferred SPG options at ATL was sold out!) Overall pretty happy with the hotel! At check-in as a HH Gold member, I was given a room on the 17th floor which is also the floor that the club lounge is on. Room was nicely decorated and looked like it had recently been renovated. All around clean and comfortable and not much I can complain about. If I had to find something to mention, it would be that as part of the reno they installed one of those huge 8 inch wide shower heads but it only sprayed a dribble of water in the center 3 inches due to its water saving nature. I tried turning all the knobs on the shower head but in the opposite position I got even less water. Club lounge was typical of a US based lounge so nothing to write home about! In house Italian restaurant was packed due to the hotel being full and overall the food was average at best but at least it was freshly prepared and the price wasn't ridiculous considering it was a hotel restaurant. I would stay here again without hesitation if I got stuck in the area again.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
There wasnt any update for hilton atlanta airport for over a year.

Just had a stay here, well i was told the lounge had been closed as of May 2018, at check in i was asked if i want breakfast or 1000 points, so naturally i said breakfast, she said i just need to tell them my name, no upgrade, only got a room on the 8th floor.

In the morning i went to restaurant i was told no matter gold or diamond everyone have to pay, it does not matter continental or full breakfast, so i was charged $10.95 for the buffet, the server never bought me cream for my coffee despite i asked her twice with only 5 tables. When i mention at check out, the agent said the check in agent was supposed to tell me free breakfast only limited to grab and go at the cafe and buffet cost $27 for full price in the restaurant.

With the rates they are charging ($148 MVP rate) no lounge + very stingy breakfast, i would never come back and choose HGI, DT, and ES instead

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jun 21, 2019 at 9:46 am
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
There wasnt any update for hilton atlanta airport for over a year.

Just had a stay here, well i was told the lounge had been closed as of May 2018, at check in i was asked if i want breakfast or 1000 points, so naturally i said breakfast, she said i just need to tell them my name, no upgrade, only got a room on the 8th floor.

In the morning i went to restaurant i was told no matter gold or diamond everyone have to pay, it does not matter continental or full breakfast, so i was charged $10.95 for the buffet, the server never bought me cream for my coffee despite i asked her twice with only 5 tables. When i mention at check out, the agent said the check in agent was supposed to tell me free breakfast only limited to grab and go at the cafe and buffet cost $27 for full price in the restaurant.

With the rates they are charging ($148 MVP rate) no lounge + very stingy breakfast, i would never come back and choose HGI, DT, and ES instead
I stayed here in March, and yes, free breakfast is limited to one item and one beverage from the "grab and go" kiosk in the lobby. Very stingy.

However, I've been lucky enough to never pay over $100/night here. It's a decent value at that rate, regardless of the breakfast options.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
That’s pathetic. Thanks for letting us know.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Agreed. Disappointing.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
COVID Update...

I did e-Check-in prior to arrival. I did not get the room I'd selected. No explanation from the front desk staff. Not a huge problem, but I do miss the view of ATL operations.

Room was very clean and included a baggie over the remote and the Hilton door seal. No housekeeping during your stay but additional toiletries are available upon request. 50% of the hand sanitizer dispensers on the property were empty.

Closed are the pool, gym, lobby restaurant, and lounge. Open are the sports bar and barber shop in the basement.

The only breakfast available was grab-and-go sandwiches. No juice. No coffee. No fruit. No muffins. No water. The lobby café has all of these additional items available for purchase, but the only thing Golds and Diamonds are given is 1 sandwich.

150+ cars in the parking lot and all this property can muster is a free sausage biscuit.
DiverDave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.