Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Atlanta Airport {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP,Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, Starbucks Gold card
I stayed there for 2 weeks mid May. Granted I don't have status at the Hiltons, it was fairly good. My colleague got a higher floor, 2 bottles of water daily, and she is Silver just like me. And I have requested a high floor to begin with. There were two groups the hotel were hosting while I was there. A youth (high school age) basketball tournament, and a Sheltie convention. Other than constant slamming doors between 9p-11p, it was pretty quiet.
I enjoyed the breakfast at the retaurant which was complimentary with our company rate. We had no problems with the shuttles. Overall, not too bad for 2 weeks. I personally would have rather stayed at the Renaissance. I have better status there. ha ha
Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I wouldn't characterize the lounge breakfast as pitiful, at least not during my visits. The lounge is solid, although I would prefer more electrical outlets in the seating area and a door that didn't slam so easily.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by oneLnot2
I enjoyed the breakfast at the retaurant which was complimentary with our company rate.
That's a good deal. ^ The breakfast buffet is quite good, but a bit pricey.

David
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: A few
Got dumped here last night by Delta due to late arriving flight / missed connection. Seems fine for an airport hotel. I'm a Hyatt/SPG guy but my HHonors points were about to expire so kind of useful to stay here, the expensable internet access will prolong my points. And speaking of which just wanted to post the internet access is very good... getting 2mb download and more impressively 1.9mb upload. Great seeing I need to spend the morning here doing work.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Atlanta Airport Hilton

Hi

Have booked a stay here for 10/15, Just wondered if anyone has any recent experinence with the renovations currently underway. have gold status so prefer the hilton as i may get an upgrade

This would be convienient for me as i am watching the Falcons then flying straight out to RDU, but may consider elsewhere if there will be a lot of disruption. possibly the HGI airport?

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Andrew
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Can't speak of the Hilton, but I had a recent stay (weekday) at the airport HGI and I highly recommend it.

It's a standard HGI, nice big room with the usual amenities, but the staff was great. I had a couple of issues with meetings and such and they went above and beyond. I even had a nice lengthy chat with the manager who was roaming during the evening reception.

I will be back and recommend it for anyone who just needs a basic stay and not looking for a resort type getaway.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by stewaran
Hi

Have booked a stay here for 10/15, Just wondered if anyone has any recent experinence with the renovations currently underway. have gold status so prefer the hilton as i may get an upgrade

This would be convienient for me as i am watching the Falcons then flying straight out to RDU, but may consider elsewhere if there will be a lot of disruption. possibly the HGI airport?

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Andrew
Pretty sure you will get a corner room upgrade on the executive level. This, the Westin and the HGI Millinium center are in my opinion the three best properties near the airport.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by stewaran
Hi

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Andrew
I stay here frequently. Always get upgraded to Exec floor with no problem. They have a nice Exec lounge as well with a lot of freebies and an honor system cash bar..

Hotel is modern and the rooms are nice. Sports bar on the bottom floor has a bunch of HDTV's and a good selection of food and drink.

Only drawback I can think of is you will pay for parking there if you have a rental car. HGI and HI are a block away and parking is free.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
Only drawback I can think of is you will pay for parking there if you have a rental car. HGI and HI are a block away and parking is free.
Correct, and as a diamond, I have always been upgraded to a suite at the HI you mention. The brand new HGI across the street has no suites if that is of any concern.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
I, too, stay at this property somewhat regularly. It's nice, have not really had a problem getting upgraded to the executive floor. The one time I was not upgraded, as per gold benefits, I was given lounge access, which was okay. Would agree with the other poster who commented that the sports bar is nice. You will pay for parking, if driving (seems like around $20/day). I have not had any issues with renovations bothering me during my stays here!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsmith50
You will pay for parking, if driving (seems like around $20/day). I have not had any issues with renovations bothering me during my stays here!
$11 a day.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
$11 a day.
Thanks for the info! Truthfully, I never look at those things, it all goes on my corporate card and I never see the charges again. Would have sworn it was more than $11/day though, guess not!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
October 14 - 16, 2011

I stayed at this Hilton property (on Virginia Ave) last weekend and was not terribly impressed overall but it was at least decent for the price. I got a Junior Suite for $129 / night as I was travelling with my kids.

The valet was MIA when we pulled up so my wife toted our bags inside while I self parked ($11 as everyone has stated). The acknowledged my Diamond and gave us certs for breakfast and evening appetizers (the Exec Club is still closed for renovation and is temporarily housed in a very small meeting room on the LL floor. The room was fine -- great view of the Delta complex and the active runways in the distance. Water pressure was great but the bathroom space was a bit tight and had the lowest TP holders I had ever seen (good if you fell off the throne, I guess). Service was OK, no great shakes. In Room Dining totally botched our dinner order but the FD was very quick to take everything off the bill (far greater response than I had requested).

All things considered, I would stay there again since the rate was good & it is very convenient to the ATL Airport but I would just go in with very low expectations in order to avoid being disappointed.

I hope someone finds this helpful.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 4:24 pm

I was back at this property last week. Given the ongoing renovations, I have found them over the past several months to be very accomodating. I was in my room a bit more than usual during working hours and things were a bit noisy, I asked if another room was possible and when they couldn't move me, they gave me drink coupons which were nice. Agree with the previous comment that the temporary lounge is okay, was pretty empty the couple times I walked through last week, attendant is friendly and the second time I went in remembered my name, so I give them some bonus points for making the experience a bit more personal.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
I know this thread has not been updated in over two years but it seems a shame to start a new thread on the same subject so I hope the MOD’s will allow this update to continue on the old thread. Please move/change if you feel otherwise.

A mostly pictorial review of the Hilton Atlanta Airport.

King Bed:

King Bed ATL airport by BA_pics, on Flickr

I stayed here earlier this month on a cash stay. I had booked King Bed junior suite and that is what I received. There was a bathrobe but no slippers and no opening windows here (as is typical for an airport hotel).

Check in was quick and friendly and the clerk informed me that I could have breakfast in the lounge. (I didn’t bother asking to have it in the restaurant). In the room I did receive two bottles of water but no other amenity or gift.

The exec lounge is on the 17th floor. It does have some nice views towards the airport if you are seated in the right area.

There is an airport shuttle bus BUT…beware, as it only goes to the domestic terminal served by Delta. If, like me, you are flying international, you would need to change shuttles at the terminal and then take another shuttle to the international which combined would take over 30 minutes. I simply took a cab from the hotel which cost $15 without the tip and takes only about 10 minutes maximum.

Also, as a diamond I had asked for a late check out…which is granted, but only up to 14:00 and every hour after that is $ 20 / hour. I wanted to stay until 18:00 if possible due to my flight leaving at 21:00 but if you want to stay after 17:00 they charge you another night. Needless to say I left at 17:00 and $ 60 lighter.

View towards Airport:

View from 11th floor window to ATC tower by BA_pics, on Flickr

I didn’t find the restaurant very appealing and decided to simply walk the short distance to the nearby strip mall which has a few choices and some fast food locations. Going the other way there was a pizza hut and some other types of food available as well.

The exec lounge was popular and did have some snacks on between 17:00 and 19:00 IIRC and the member of staff in the lounge was great, friendly and very helpful. You can take a couple of cans of water / coke, etc…back out of the lounge into your room without issue here.

View towards small strip mall:

View North towards small mall by BA_pics, on Flickr

The room was big and had great views but wasn’t the quietest so if anyone is bothered by the noise from the elevators you really need to avoid xx01 rooms as the shafts are right behind the room and were a constant background element. I can sleep through anything so wasn’t an issue but when awake it was rather noticeable and repetitive.

Floor Plan:

Floor plan 11th floor by BA_pics, on Flickr

At around Ł 100 for a night I found it convenient for me on this occasion with the big room, easy access with a cab to the airport and friendly staff, however, if I was staying for more than a night or wanted something nicer I would recommend staying downtown Atlanta and just getting a cab back to the airport the next day. It takes about 20 minutes and only costs $ 34 for two people with all the surcharges as a flat rate so not much more than the $ 15 a hotel on the airport would cost anyway.

Hope the pictures are of use and interest.

Room:

View from Entrance to the room:

view towards room by BA_pics, on Flickr

View back to Entrance:

view back to entrance by BA_pics, on Flickr

Closet with extra bedding, bathrobe and wall mounted safe, ironing board and iron;

closet near entrance with bathrobe by BA_pics, on Flickr

wall mounted safe by BA_pics, on Flickr

TV:

big TV and storage by BA_pics, on Flickr

Work Desk:

desk by BA_pics, on Flickr

Coffee Boat area:

coffee boat and free water by BA_pics, on Flickr

Sitting area:

seating area but not separate room by BA_pics, on Flickr

iHome clock radio with iPod docking station:

Ipod Alarm clock radio by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bathroom:

Massive walk in shower with plenty of room to play if you are so inclined

walk in shower with rainshower head by BA_pics, on Flickr

6 foot long walk in shower by BA_pics, on Flickr

Sink and Vanity area:

heated lit up bathroom mirror by BA_pics, on Flickr

towels, hairdryer under counter by BA_pics, on Flickr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.