Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Leave who pays for the room out of the equation, that is an old beaten to death thing people like to bring up that is meaningless. It is my butt in the bed no matter who pays for it.

And they are already on a status match and now you want a status match to a higher level? Why didn't they status match to Diamond in the first place? Have they stayed enough to re-earn what they matched them to in the first place?
Exactly - it doesn't matter as much as whether someone was fast tracked. That's an old beaten to death thing too. That was the point I was making You don't get extra cool points for paying for your own stays, you don't get extra cool points for doing 60 paid stays. You could spend $40,000 on your card and you'd still be a top tier. Likewise, you could be an instant Gold from a CC. Who cares.. complain to the program managers, not belittle other FTers. We are here to help each other.

He didn't say anything about double status matching, he was asking for fast tracks. That came out of your own mouth.

There in fact have been 21 night fast tracks in previous years so its quite a useful question. And a good community is not one that attacks new members. Yes he could have posted in the big thread but there is some leniency as a new member and if we did that there'd only be 3 threads - 'honors promos, BRG, how was your hotel stay', it doesn't change the fact either we should be helping/welcoming new members. His question is far from stupid.

Last edited by mingzie; Mar 8, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mingzie
Exactly - it doesn't matter as much as whether someone was fast tracked. That's an old beaten to death thing too. That was the point I was making You don't get extra cool points for paying for your own stays, you don't get extra cool points for doing 60 paid stays.

He didn't say anything about double status matching, he was asking for fast tracks. That came out of your own mouth.

There in fact have been 21 night fast tracks in previous years so its not too bad of a question.
Read the op's post again, they said they were gold after a status match, now they want to status match to diamond.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Read the op's post again, they said they were gold after a status match, now they want to status match to diamond.
No. He says he got a status match challenge to gold. Now he wants a way to get it upgraded to Diamond without doing 30 stays (reducing the amount).

Saying he wants to get upgraded to Diamond without doing 30 stays is not the same as saying he wants to get double status matched to diamond.

On top of that, the thread is very clearly titled 'fast track to diamond'.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:29 pm

Clarification

Thanks for all your comments and sorry that you had to argue over my post.

I did a status match against my Gold with Accor and Diamond with BW. Instead they gave me a challenge but the timing wasn't great so I was only able to qualify for Gold.

I then asked if I could get the challenge again for the Diamond as I do have a lot of planned stays but they said challenge is a one off thing.

The CS agent I spoke with was a bit useless so I thought I will ask here if there are other ways.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Benco
Thanks for all your comments and sorry that you had to argue over my post.

I did a status match against my Gold with Accor and Diamond with BW. Instead they gave me a challenge but the timing wasn't great so I was only able to qualify for Gold.

I then asked if I could get the challenge again for the Diamond as I do have a lot of planned stays but they said challenge is a one off thing.

The CS agent I spoke with was a bit useless so I thought I will ask here if there are other ways.
Get used to the useless customer service even if you became a Diamond. After a few stays now at Hilton properties, as a Diamond, I don't understand why anyone has status with Hilton.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I was Diamond, but got downgraded to Silver.

Was offered a Gold challenge. Can I call in to request for a challenge to Diamond instead? Will they give it to me without me getting Gold first? Or do I have to status match with another programme first and then ask for the challenge?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I was Diamond, but got downgraded to Silver.

Was offered a Gold challenge. Can I call in to request for a challenge to Diamond instead? Will they give it to me without me getting Gold first? Or do I have to status match with another programme first and then ask for the challenge?
Seems to be case by case. It certainly can't hurt to call and ask, especially if you have a number of stays booked.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Now challenge witout temp. Gold status during challenge period?

I was downgraded from HH Gold to Silver last month (received Gold status 2 years ago during Diamond challenge based on a match from Accor Plat. status).

If I apply for a status match/(Diamond?)challenge again (based on my BW Diamond status) would I receive an immidiate (but temporary) upgrade to Gold or only after 4 stays within 90 days being completed? The former was the case for me 2 years ago, but there seem to be conflicting info in this forum whether HH still grant a temporary upgrade to Gold during challenge period or current status does not change until after 4 stays (the latter being a bit weird if you get a Diamond challenge and supposed to go for the higher number of stays required for Diamond rather than 4 stays for Gold); perhaps this is the difference between a Gold challenge and Diamond challenge? (if the former exist at all).

Update 5/10:
Instant status match to HH Gold granted - 4 stays within 90 days required to extend HH G until 2019. Received reply after 3 working days. Account/HH G status was updated instantly. Thank you HH ^

Last edited by SK AAR; May 19, 2017 at 1:40 am
Old May 1, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
It depends on which challenge/fast track offer you get. Most of the discussion about diamond challenges (generally offered to someone with top status at another chain) has involved a challenge wherein you get diamond for 90 days and keep either gold or diamond after that with 4 or 8 stays. There are also frequent gold fast track offers- mostly these give no status until you hit 4 stays in a certain time period. I believe I've read about diamond fast tracks as well, but I think they are on the order of 18-20 nights. So you'll have to see which challenge/fast track you're eligible for, to know if you'll get any temporary status.
Also, I believe I read earlier in this thread that bw diamond is no longer considered equivalent to HHonors diamond for challenges. I think that was a temporary thing, until they realized how easy it is to get bw diamond and how little it is actually worth.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
I was given a fast track to Diamond. X nights over 90 days. I was already gold, and have stayed gold during the challenge. Half the nights done.
Old May 2, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by MtlFire
I was given a fast track to Diamond. X nights over 90 days. I was already gold, and have stayed gold during the challenge. Half the nights done.
May I ask: what was 'X' ?
Old May 3, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
I recently completed a Gold fast track (2 nights in 90 days).

Today, I logged into my Honors account and I see this banner: "YOU'RE 1 STAY TO DIAMOND - GET READY FOR 50% MORE BONUS POINTS". This cannot possibly be correct right? I will not get magically get Diamond just for 1 more night?
Old May 3, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
May I ask: what was 'X' ?
16 nights over 90 days. But I was a multi year diamond, missed it by 'that' much last year.
Old May 5, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by MtlFire
16 nights over 90 days. But I was a multi year diamond, missed it by 'that' much last year.
Thanks for sharing this. I'm undecided between going for the status match followed by 8 stays in 90d or asking for a challenge since I have a few multi-night stand coming up and 16 nights will be easier... though not sure if I'd get the same offer as you!
Old May 5, 2017, 5:31 am
formerly OliverS

The big difference seems to be: During the match trial time you already have the status, whereas during the challenge time you stay at your previous level.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.