Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Just had a 1 night stay here. They were fully booked, so no upgrade and only 1pm late check-out. On the flip side I got a 9am early check in, and a renovated room which was large and very updated. Room had a couch and sort of coffee table which could be used as a desk of sorts, but I missed having an actual desk.

Exec lounge options at this property are phenomenal. Beer and champagne served all day long, and it's great to have a kids/no kids lounge option.

My only real criticism is the pool never seems to get any sun at all. Gym is really good though.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by RafKa
Just had a 1 night stay here. They were fully booked, so no upgrade and only 1pm late check-out.
Which day of the week did you check in?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Which day of the week did you check in?
Sunday. It probably explains why I was able to check in very early but denied a late check-out past 1pm (I asked twice).

To be fair, I was offered lounge access post checkout. Considering the free flowing beer, wine and champagne throughout the day, it's fairly generous!

Much preferred the hard and soft products at Conrad Singapore than HK.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by RafKa
Sunday. It probably explains why I was able to check in very early but denied a late check-out past 1pm (I asked twice).
Ok, my fingers are crossed for a very late check-out. My flight departs at 11:55pm on a Thursday ,but I was hoping for a check-out til 5 or 6pm. I'm staying only for one night. I already put in that request to Guest Services.

It's good to know that I can chill in the lounge as a plan B.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
I booked 3 (more accurately 2+1) nights here in December. Is it possible to merge two bookings together and avoid checking in twice?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by antebellum
I booked 3 (more accurately 2+1) nights here in December. Is it possible to merge two bookings together and avoid checking in twice?
No, you can't merge the reservations, but you won't have to check in twice. Just tell the front desk when you check in that you have a separate reservation for the last night, and ask them to keep you in the same room. Never a problem.

I had exactly the same thing for my last stay in May, 2 paid nights + free weekend cert night, separate reservations, no issues.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
No, you can't merge the reservations, but you won't have to check in twice. Just tell the front desk when you check in that you have a separate reservation for the last night, and ask them to keep you in the same room. Never a problem.

I had exactly the same thing for my last stay in May, 2 paid nights + free weekend cert night, separate reservations, no issues.
I had exactly the same thing also in May( 1 redemption night and 1 cash night)
the hotel combined the booking so there is no need for me to switch room(upgrades to Executive room)
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:02 am

It seems that the hotel is quite busy on weekdays.

I checked out on the Monday 10 days ago and got a 3pm check-out ( I'm a Diamond member). It seems this is the maximum they will give for free, I didn't ask about the fee to extend tough I had mentioned a 10pm flight.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by psgfan12

I checked out on the Monday 10 days ago and got a 3pm check-out ( I'm a Diamond member). It seems this is the maximum they will give for free, I didn't ask about the fee to extend tough I had mentioned a 10pm flight.
Although you might not be able to check out later than 15:00, you will be able to leave your bags either downstairs, or behind EL desk, and still have EL access until you depart for the airport. Done this many times. Nothing like sipping some champagne at the lounge before a long flight home (most of the time, sometimes just flying to KUL or BKK).
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
3 pm checkout seems reasonable, especially with the lounge being a resource afterwards.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Honestly, for a Diamond anywhere 3 PM is generous. Recently at a WA in the US I had to fight for noon.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Honestly, for a Diamond anywhere 3 PM is generous. Recently at a WA in the US I had to fight for noon.
Each country seems to be different, recently I've received 4pm check-outs in Dubai prior to checking-in!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Weekends can be as busy as weekdays. From a number of posts in this thread, locals like to stay here on the weekends (staycations). I suspect because the free flow in the lounges as liquor is expensive in Singapore.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Each country seems to be different, recently I've received 4pm check-outs in Dubai prior to checking-in!
It is each hotel dependent, not country dependent. An employee once told me that Hilton corporate policy for Diamond late check-out is hotel check-out time plus 2 hrs., anything byond 2 hrs. is up to individual hotel. Possible that a hotel will offer late check-out beyond 2 hrs. when the hotel is not busy, but when the hotel is highly booked for the evening then will not offer beyond 2 hrs. This has happened to me before.

So, you may see a post saying getting 6 p.m. late check-out at Conrad Centennial Singapore, but that was one specific guest on once specific stay at one specific date. That does not mean same will be offered to you when you stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore.

When I stayed at Conrad Centennial Singapore I had late evening flight, EL agent told me that the hotel was fully booked for that evening so only could give me 2 p.m. late check-out but told me I can stay at EL or pool area as late as I wanted. Gym/pool area has locker room so I could take shower and change after spending time at pool area then spent remaining time at EL before heading to Changi that evening. I had no complaint.
Cynicor and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:47 pm

My 2c- If you are likely to get it anywhere in the world it would be Conrad Singapore, so good luck.
I've never asked for later than 6pm but had 6 offered several times.
enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.