Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:14 pm

I've not been at that time, and didn't be even know they had fireworks; but if they do I assume they would be mainly on the Marina. This hotel has very obstructed views of it until the highest floors and certain rooms only.

pan pacific, MO, Marina bay sands, fullerton and fullerton bay would have better odds I would have thought
dagangwood likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by dagangwood
Is Conrad one of the best hotels to watch New Year's Eve fireworks?
I actually did this with my wife. She is photographer so did a lot of research. You can see the Marina from Conrad but only select rooms and not best view. You would need them to guarantee room with view

in the end we went with MO. Best view and was best price for that, Marina Bay and ritz. Again be sure to book marina bay view room and email them to advise.

also do check the dates for the fireworks. For Chinese New Year they have several dates and times. Not sure if you mean Chinese New Year or 31st Dec.

To watch fireworks head over the bridge to marina and watch there we got space okay. We did one night from room and one night on waterfront for the Chinese New Year
dagangwood likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
It’s a good location for fireworks, but if you plan to stay in the room, you wouldn’t have unblocked views, more like partial views (assuming you get a room that faces the marina). The pan pacific, mandarin oriental, swisshotel or Fullerton (depending on room position) would give better unblocked views. I’ve had marina facing rooms on both NYE and CNY over the years, and although I could partially see the fireworks, it wasn’t a fantastic view.
dagangwood likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Completed another stay and still one of my favourites, but I did notice this time that bottled water is restricted to “save the planet”. There is a note in rooms saying that the tap water is safe to drink and bottled water is available on request. I usually like to take a couple of bottles in my backpack to work, so I asked for some and 6 were promptly delivered. Seems slightly odd given that almost all hotels in Asia provide bottled water ... and if saving the planet is the real mission, there are other options such as cartons etc.

Lounge food was a little repetitive, but otherwise a great stay.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Cynicor
I've not been at that time, and didn't be even know they had fireworks; but if they do I assume they would be mainly on the Marina. This hotel has very obstructed views of it until the highest floors and certain rooms only.

pan pacific, MO, Marina bay sands, fullerton and fullerton bay would have better odds I would have thought
I think the CCS is a great hotel, but it really is a kicker how views of the Marina are blocked off by other buildings. I can't help but to think if that wasn't the case, this hotel would be at almost perfection level.

​​​​​​Just out of curiosity, which specific room types/floors would have the unobstructed views?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I think the CCS is a great hotel, but it really is a kicker how views of the Marina are blocked off by other buildings. I can't help but to think if that wasn't the case, this hotel would be at almost perfection level.

​​​​​​Just out of curiosity, which specific room types/floors would have the unobstructed views?
higher level 02 series should have a good view (same as 31st floor lounge essentially) but none are totally unblocked for NYE fireworks.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dagangwood
Is Conrad one of the best hotels to watch New Year's Eve fireworks?
Originally Posted by Cynicor

Originally Posted by gav0106
I actually did this with my wife. She is photographer so did a lot of research. You can see the Marina from Conrad but only select rooms and not best view. You would need them to guarantee room with view

in the end we went with MO. Best view and was best price for that, Marina Bay and ritz. Again be sure to book marina bay view room and email them to advise.

also do check the dates for the fireworks. For Chinese New Year they have several dates and times. Not sure if you mean Chinese New Year or 31st Dec.

To watch fireworks head over the bridge to marina and watch there we got space okay. We did one night from room and one night on waterfront for the Chinese New Year
Originally Posted by EGW1
It’s a good location for fireworks, but if you plan to stay in the room, you wouldn’t have unblocked views, more like partial views (assuming you get a room that faces the marina). The pan pacific, mandarin oriental, swisshotel or Fullerton (depending on room position) would give better unblocked views. I’ve had marina facing rooms on both NYE and CNY over the years, and although I could partially see the fireworks, it wasn’t a fantastic view.
higher level 02 series should have a good view (same as 31st floor lounge essentially) but none are totally unblocked for NYE fireworks.
I appreciate the "view of NYE fireworks" from the hotel, but I can't imagine not just joining the merry crowd at the Marina with a bottle of bubbles to enjoy the show (unless is absolutely pouring rain)!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I appreciate the "view of NYE fireworks" from the hotel, but I can't imagine not just joining the merry crowd at the Marina with a bottle of bubbles to enjoy the show (unless is absolutely pouring rain)!
I don’t think you’d be allowed to have the bottle of bubbles, the crowd control is pretty strict.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

I don’t think you’d be allowed to have the bottle of bubbles, the crowd control is pretty strict.
Discretion is the key
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Can anyone confirm if Exec Floor guests get a few complimentary pieces of pressing for their clothes, and if so, how many? At the Conrad HK for example you have 4 pieces complimentary per stay...

UPDATE: answering my own question, per their website it's 3 pieces.

Last edited by RafKa; Jun 19, 2019 at 12:03 am
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:23 pm

I see from the website this hotel has 100 rooms that connect. Anyone know if the CENTENNIAL KING SUITE connects to any other rooms?

Thanks
TD
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I see from the website this hotel has 100 rooms that connect. Anyone know if the CENTENNIAL KING SUITE connects to any other rooms?

Thanks
TD
None as far as I'm aware or that I've stayed in.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Thanks
TD
There are some suites that connect to a twin room next door. I have had before. You can look on floor plan and see them, suite on floor 28 etc.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:31 pm

After reading upthread.... It appears this property is included in Asia flash sales. Is that typically 50% off BAR? Any guidance as to what time of year that typically happens?

Am I correct that a typical diamond upgrade would be book Exec King --> get Centennial King Suite?

What is considered the best "view?"
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:48 pm

1. Yep. No good guidance, I found Oct-Nov and Feb from memory. Possibly July.

2. Maybe. Also good odds of no upgrade. They don't have many suites. On the plus side, the suites are pretty small so you aren't missing much...

3. Varies. Bay is nice, fountain is nice. I wouldn't stress about the view, it's a bit built out and on a funny angle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.