Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by husky96821
Thanks, what email did you use?
[email protected]

Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:58 am

As a Diamond member you get lounge access so does an upgrade from a deluxe room to an executive room really constitutes an upgrade? Seems to be the same size but just a higher floor.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:00 am

I have booked a classic room using HH points for 3 nights. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade with cash on arrival to an executive/club room if there are rooms available, or is this type of upgrade not possible? I have only collected HH points but never used them until now and despite a bit of googling haven't been able to find the answer to this question.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by psgfan12
As a Diamond member you get lounge access so does an upgrade from a deluxe room to an executive room really constitutes an upgrade? Seems to be the same size but just a higher floor.
The amenities in an Executive Room are generally nicer. I don't recall the exact differences, but I know that in an Exec Room, one has a Nespreso machine, bath robes, slippers and higher end toiletries. Now everything else, except the coffee machine, can obviously be delivered to the non-Exec room for a DIA member if Exec. rooms are not available.
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Vardomannen
I have booked a classic room using HH points for 3 nights. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade with cash on arrival to an executive/club room if there are rooms available, or is this type of upgrade not possible? I have only collected HH points but never used them until now and despite a bit of googling haven't been able to find the answer to this question.
This will vary from hotel to hotel and depend on availability, etc, but I don't know why you wouldn't be able to. Just ask at the front desk when you check in.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:47 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The amenities in an Executive Room are generally nicer. I don't recall the exact differences, but I know that in an Exec Room, one has a Nespreso machine, bath robes, slippers and higher end toiletries. Now everything else, except the coffee machine, can obviously be delivered to the non-Exec room for a DIA member if Exec. rooms are not available.
I was told by the checkin agent at Conrad Singapore recently that all renovated rooms now has an Espresso machine....so assume that is indeed the case...?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by NoY
I was told by the checkin agent at Conrad Singapore recently that all renovated rooms now has an Espresso machine....so assume that is indeed the case...?
All room categories are essentially the same hardware and software, the only difference is the floor number and view (and of course king/twin). There are also some minor variances as to corner rooms and window style in rooms, but those are the same on each floor and follow the building design. Nespresso machine, bathrobes, slippers, toiletries all the same. Executive rooms tend to be 25th floor and up, and of course come with lounge access. Premium rooms come with F&B and laundry discounts if I recall. Grand deluxe are on the13th to 17th floors.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Recent stay, so some data points
- DIA upgraded from standard room to exec. Points were used
- early checkin was not available due to need for a twin, king would have been no issue. Were allowed to grab breakfast on the 4th floor. We were in sandles and shorts etc.
- lounge on 31 or 4 floor was offered. 31st floor is nicer, but gets crowded and can be a little snooty. Same drinks and food.
- children above 13 are allowed on 31st floor. Some children were obviously below 13. Not a nuisance but not strictly enforced. As a parent to a 10 and 13 year old the kids were closer to 10 years. Our 10 year old did not go in.
- late checkout was offered to 3pm, 5pm with SG$100 payment. This could also be guaranteed before arrival.
- we were able to take breakfast in the main restaurant with a little nudging at reception.
- promenade is the closest station and is 200m from hotel so not an issue on hot and humid days
- very easy to get to and from with airport train.
- soft drinks and basic drinks (beer, wine, champagne) available all day - which is the only Hilton family hotel that I can think of that has this. Spirits at evening hours.
- Laurent Perrier is available, you need to specifically ask though
- I have no idea if you can take drinks from the 4th floor lounge to have by the pool.
- not allowed to take phone calls in lounge, but loud talking by others was not an issue...

overall a a good stay, very Conrad like feel, and has not gone downhill like hong kong

only disappointment is that pool is quite shallow, and colder than you would expect.

KF
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer

- we were able to take breakfast in the main restaurant with a little nudging at reception.
Because you've got a child and so required nudging?

Or the hotel is not really offering full breakfasts to diamonds?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
- very easy to get to and from with airport train.
I don't have much luggage, so I was debating about taking a Grab or the train from the airport...
​​​
How long would you say it took to go from the airport to the hotel via train? How many transfers did you have?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:04 pm

Breakfast at 1 is available to all (all who have breakfast anywhere already, that is). They only tell some people about it to manage queues but you don't need to do anything special or request anything. If you get told level 4 and just turn at at level 1 you'll be fine.
mrflintstone likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:06 pm

Train is a bit cheaper, especially during peak taxi times when they surcharge, but I find the $ saving very minimal unless by yourself, for the extra time it takes of 15-20 min more. You save about 15SGD for 1 person, maybe 12 SGD for 2?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Train is a bit cheaper, especially during peak taxi times when they surcharge, but I find the $ saving very minimal unless by yourself, for the extra time it takes of 15-20 min more. You save about 15SGD for 1 person, maybe 12 SGD for 2?
take grab or gojek.they tend to be cheaper than taxi
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It takes a bit less than an hour. The airport line is on a trunk line so it is three trains or two changes. Very simple as trains are every couple of minutes, walk is less than 200m and it costs around SG$2 per person. There is also a bus that is direct, however did not fancy the idea of standing outside in the heat.

The comment about bout breakfast was to highlight that each person we asked said 4 or 31, it was not until,we specifically asked about 1 that it was said it was ok. Breakfast at 1 is larger, but as pointed out did have a queue unless you wanted to sit outside. Queue took around 2-3 mins.

If if you just want fruit, western mains, omelette and toast then 4 and 31 are just fine.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Is Conrad one of the best hotels to watch New Year's Eve fireworks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.