Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Stayed 6 nights end of February after 5 years pause. Got upgraded to Centennial Suite. Generally a good stay, although layout of the suite isnt really my thing. Neither is the couch in living room. Shanghai Tang toiletries were great, though.
31th floor lounge was full at evenings, was thrice sent to 4th floor lounge instead, which wasnt too bad though. Laurent-Perrier champagne in both.
Interestingly, there were several gins, Beefeater, Hendricks, Monkey47 at 4th floor lounge, but the bartender said, some of premium spirits were chargeable. Or maybe I just misunderstood his Singlish, cause my one Hendricks tonic was free.

Loved the Oscar's breakfast, didnt encounter any queues, although usually had brekkie between 8.30 > 10.

Also they were really stingy with not allowing late checkout, although another room was offered until 4pm. In the end did not need any.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Richey66
Stayed 6 nights end of February after 5 years pause. Got upgraded to Centennial Suite. Generally a good stay, although layout of the suite isnt really my thing. Neither is the couch in living room. Shanghai Tang toiletries were great, though.
Which room category did you originally book?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:36 am

Would like to make use of the 4 awards nights, get the 5th night free on my next trip, and the only candidates (points and date-wise) are Conrad Singapore (60k/night), Doubletree Melbourne (37k/night), and Curio Sydney (47k/night). Never been to Singapore, have been to Melbourne and Sydney, looks like the Conrad Singapore might be a better use of the points, unless anyone can recommend against it.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by klew97
Would like to make use of the 4 awards nights, get the 5th night free on my next trip, and the only candidates (points and date-wise) are Conrad Singapore (60k/night), Doubletree Melbourne (37k/night), and Curio Sydney (47k/night). Never been to Singapore, have been to Melbourne and Sydney, looks like the Conrad Singapore might be a better use of the points, unless anyone can recommend against it.
Well, given your circumstances of never having been in Singapore, I would definitely choose it. The Conrad there is a fine hotel, in a good location to access public transportation to many of the sites and areas of the city with ease. There is much to see within a reasonable walking distance as well.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Well, given your circumstances of never having been in Singapore, I would definitely choose it. The Conrad there is a fine hotel, in a good location to access public transportation to many of the sites and areas of the city with ease. There is much to see within a reasonable walking distance as well.
Agreed. I made my first visit to the city last December and I found the Conrad was a perfect base of operations.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:15 pm

Staying here for two nights soon. Pre-upgraded to a Executive King from Deluxe King as a Diamond.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Staying here for two nights soon. Pre-upgraded to a Executive King from Deluxe King as a Diamond.
How many days before your trip did you see the upgrade?

Thanks
TD
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

How many days before your trip did you see the upgrade?

Thanks
TD
Exactly one wk prior to check-in.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
If I recall correctly, the deluxe and executive room is almost the same. Save for maybe slight different layout and higher floors.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Thats just a technical upgrade, hope you get a suite!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
I have just noticed that Oscar's Supercharged Sunday Brunch is no more. This is a pity as we really enjoyed our brunch in December 2016.

It has been replaced by "Eat Drink Brunch Repeat" https://conradhotels3.hilton.com/res...unch_Mar19.pdf

This doesn't look like a positive change at the moment given the price increase and no mention of seafood or other premium items that made the previous brunch worthwhile.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
Thats just a technical upgrade, hope you get a suite!
I'll report back. I love a suite but if I don't, it's not a big deal. We land at 5:30am from SFO so I'll be happier if our room was ready and have access to the lounges
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Back in residence again and room (suite) lovely as always...quite a lot of new staff, or at least I haven't seen them before. Lounges have been packed full for the last few days, but I think it's a cruise ship and/or Aussie "secret escapes" crowd...as such, the LP Champagne has gone and the Chandon is back ... Hopefully full service returns shortly lol!

Incidentally, if there's one thing I wish they would change it is the hideously old carpets in the lifts ... it gives such a bad first impression to walk from the lobby (with new rugs and carpets now) into a lift with faded and stained pink and beige carpets ... there must be a reason why they have not been replaced?!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EGW1
Back in residence again and room (suite) lovely as always...quite a lot of new staff, or at least I haven't seen them before. Lounges have been packed full for the last few days, but I think it's a cruise ship and/or Aussie "secret escapes" crowd...as such, the LP Champagne has gone and the Chandon is back ... Hopefully full service returns shortly lol!

Incidentally, if there's one thing I wish they would change it is the hideously old carpets in the lifts ... it gives such a bad first impression to walk from the lobby (with new rugs and carpets now) into a lift with faded and stained pink and beige carpets ... there must be a reason why they have not been replaced?!
Bummer if the champagne is gone. I presumed it was offered as a competitive match move with other near by hotel lounges that offer champagne.

On the elevator carpet issue. Why don't you express your observation to someone in management. Would be interesting to hear their comments on your feedback, which by the way, seems very reasonable.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Bummer if the champagne is gone. I presumed it was offered as a competitive match move with other near by hotel lounges that offer champagne.

On the elevator carpet issue. Why don't you express your observation to someone in management. Would be interesting to hear their comments on your feedback, which by the way, seems very reasonable.
Yup - I will leave some feedback this time as I always forget! It does seem like the LP has gone, at least for now. It may well be temporary as I also noticed the lovely champagne flutes have gone, replaced with the more standard flutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.