Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by splicer100
The Amex Fine Hotels program has the Conrad for $350/night for a deluxe room. I am trying to figure out if it is worth staying at the Conrad for that price including the Amex Fine Hotels perks. I also have Hilton Gold status with my Amex Platinum card. I realize there is overlap with the some of the perks offered. Is this a decent deal?
I would check what the "normal" rate is for the dates of your stay for comparison. Otherwise, who knows..
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by splicer100
The Amex Fine Hotels program has the Conrad for $350/night for a deluxe room. I am trying to figure out if it is worth staying at the Conrad for that price including the Amex Fine Hotels perks. I also have Hilton Gold status with my Amex Platinum card. I realize there is overlap with the some of the perks offered. Is this a decent deal?
$350 US or SGD? $350 US would be a very high price for this property. $350 SGD it would depend on what's available elsewhere.

Last time I was in Singapore I got the Four Seasons on an FHR rate for about $315 US (and was upgraded to a suite). That is a good deal.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
$350 US or SGD? $350 US would be a very high price for this property. $350 SGD it would depend on what's available elsewhere.

Last time I was in Singapore I got the Four Seasons on an FHR rate for about $315 US (and was upgraded to a suite). That is a good deal.
That sounds like a great deal. I found the Four Seasons in Jakarta for that price but not Singapore.

The Conrad works out to about $350 SGD. The deal is roughly what it would cost just booking through Hilton. Perhaps I will keep my eye out for other properties.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:27 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Mixed experiences for me this trip; I had two 1-night stays at the Centennial (both on points, as the room rate was $400 SGD+).

First stay, I was upgraded to a "suite" (well, half of a suite; the adjoining room was occupied). This is not the first time I've had a Hilton property tell me they've upgraded me to a suite and then it turns out to be a regular room with the adjacent one closed off and occupied. No matter; I booked a "deluxe executive king," and that's what I got (I am though a bit tired of Hilton claiming an upgrade when giving what was booked, but whatever; this seems the norm for me, and the last real suite upgrade was at the FRA airport Hilton). Was asked if I wanted late check-out, and was given 2pm without hesitation (as I had a 4:30pm flight, 2 was perfect, as it got me to the airport even allowing for traffic by 2:30pm). Overall, the stay was very good, and the staff quite accommodating. The bay view room on the 31st floor was comfortable and spacious enough for a night.

Second stay, I checked in and was thanked for being a Diamond, then given the exact room I booked (deluxe king, IIRC), and told I could use the exec lounge because of my Diamond status. I had to ask about late check-out, and was grudgingly given 2pm (I asked for 3pm or 4pm; I had 5pm dinner reservations and a 10:20pm flight). Honestly, the hotel seemed a lot less busy on a Monday night than it had on a Thursday night; I offered to take a different room if I could get later, but after much typing away, was told 2pm was the latest they could manage. (I'll miss that with my Marriott Plat going to Gold soon; they always offer 3pm and sometimes later... not sure why Hilton can't do the same, particularly for Diamonds.) Went to the lounge and asked for a beer (at ~10pm) and was told I had to go to the bar downstairs. This despite the fact the kitchenette on the 31st floor lounge has several beers (and most of them not Tiger, which is a good thing), and the very handout I was given at check-in said that drinks after 8pm were available at the lounge but would be a room charge. I pointed that out, and the lounge staff was insistent that they had nothing and I should go to the bar or order room service (Tiger or Heineken, yuck!). During the night, the smoke detector started beeping (seriously?), and I had to completely shut off the a/c as it didn't respond to any temperature settings and kept running full-blast (it was set to 18C when I got to the room--brrrr!). Was told they weren't sure they could do the complimentary clothes press before the next morning (so I just hung them in the bathroom and took a long, steamy shower). It was just night-and-day from the previous stay.

I like the location better than the other properties in town, but I have to say I am not sure I'd repeat even on a points stay.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cynicor
All diamonds are upgraded to exec rooms.
Is the above a constant, confirmed benefit? Also, just to be clear, Diamonds now have access to both lounges, no matter what room type is booked?

Last edited by scotty00; Feb 4, 2019 at 3:03 pm Reason: clarification
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:26 pm

In the sense that I can't tell the difference between an exec and a normal room, yes. All diamonds have access to both lounges.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:17 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cynicor
In the sense that I can't tell the difference between an exec and a normal room, yes. All diamonds have access to both lounges.
Yes--both lounges. My understanding is the dress code differs slightly, with the one on the 4th floor allowing sandals, whereas the 31st says no sandals, no tank tops, no shorts, etc. (Did not see that enforced, though...)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
I have reserved a good corporate rate here for a Premium King room. (one cat down from Executive)
Since they appear to upgrade Golds here one category, should I count on an upgrade to Executive room or at least be given lounge access?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:30 pm

As a Diamond, I've always been upgraded from the Premium King.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Is there any pictures or videos of the lounge on 4th floor out. Have not been able to find anything with google search.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:23 pm

Try looking for photos of the 4th floor breakfast maybe. ITs the same room.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Is there any pictures or videos of the lounge on 4th floor out. Have not been able to find anything with google search.
A few here:
https://milelion.com/2018/05/11/hote...ing-room-2018/
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Random site I found from a google search

From the vantage point of the first photo, the entrance is to the right of the bar, swimming pool is to the left of the tables, and if memory serves me right, the food would be on the right side closest to where the photo was taken.

Edit - look at the post from @SponsorSFC
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Planning to book at stay in May.As a HHG member what are the upgrade experience(1 category upgrade?)

when i emailed the hotel
they said HHG gets 1 category upgrade
Premium room may be upgraded to Executive room subject to availability and guaranteed Executive Lounge access even if there is no upgrade
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Originally Posted by teo1991
when i emailed the hotel
they said HHG gets 1 category upgrade
Premium room may be upgraded to Executive room subject to availability and guaranteed Executive Lounge access even if there is no upgrade
Just to confirm, the hotel specifically said a Premium room will get Exec Lounge access regardless of upgrade?
I am going in the summer and have a good corporate rate on a Premium room and I am Gold with Hilton.
I am Titanium with Marriott and was considering Marriott South Beach, where I definitely have lounge access, but knowing I would get Lounge access at the Conrad, might tip the scales to this property.

Anyone else have any opinion on Marriott South Beach vs Conrad?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.