Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I agree with others that brand consistency is far less relevant than local competition. Look at what happens in a place like Hong Kong where the quality of hotels' lounge offerings has pushed many a brand to offer far more than they are used to.
Conrad Hong Kong dosen't serve Champagne and its lounge offerings are basic by Asia standards. Only "extra" I can think of there is the congee which is available till lounge closes.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by wantan
Conrad Hong Kong dosen't serve Champagne and its lounge offerings are basic by Asia standards. Only "extra" I can think of there is the congee which is available till lounge closes.
Yes, sorry, I wasn't referring to the Conrad (I've actually never stayed at the Conrad HK) but to others like the Intercontinental which lounge offerings are well above those of any other IC (there are other examples).
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
I'm a regular at the Conrad Singapore (70 nights this year to date), and on my recent stay (last week), the service levels were very high...they dipped in my opinion during the renovation. The Terrace has introduced a lot of new "takeaway" food options like bagels, fruits, smoothie etc. The lounge (whether it be 4, 30, 31) is always too busy, and they do seem overrun with Diamonds and Golds, and at weekends this is amplified because of the Singapore "staycation" market, along with cruise lines. For that reason, I'm not sure the lounge offering will ever be truly competitive, because it is regularly too busy, something which I have come to accept. By contrast I stayed at the Westin for the weekend, and they have a really superb lounge offering, with excellent food and drink selection. It's a reasonably small lounge, but never overrun like the Conrad. Overall the Conrad has done a nice refurb and the location is great for my work, although the "bench" as a sofa in the bedrooms and the lack of a proper desk doesn't work (I would say this reflects the manager comments that the hotel occupancy is parents and children rather than business travellers) and there are still times when non-smoking rooms smell of smoke if located near a smoking floor. What I can't understand is why they have never replaced those awful stained carpets in the lifts!!! Service is generally lacking in Singapore and a lot of the so called 5* hotels really lacking compared to the rest of South East Asia; I've yet to find any hotel in Singapore that matches something comparative in Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, or HCM/Hanoi, but overall the Conrad is back as my preferred option in Singapore.
ashkale likes this.

Last edited by EGW1; Jul 17, 2018 at 3:05 am
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: LH HON
You may want to try the St. Regis in terms of proper service attitude. It's been one of my friends and customers favorite, and their signature butler service is really a thing lol.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by EGW1
Service is generally lacking in Singapore and a lot of the so called 5* hotels really lacking compared to the rest of South East Asia; I've yet to find any hotel in Singapore that matches something comparative in Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, or HCM/Hanoi, but overall the Conrad is my preferred option in Singapore.
I agree completely - I'm a big fan of Singapore, but service and hospitality is a consistent failing. Hotels like the Conrad, or indeed the St Regis, only make sense in Singapore when you're getting an excellent deal. The lack of good desks in the new rooms deters me from booking the Conrad - another very relevant observation on your part.

Since you mention the Westin Singapore, it's worth noting that they ban young children from cocktail hour - thank goodness!
NoY and ashkale like this.

Last edited by templar42; Jul 16, 2018 at 8:21 am
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Had a short 2 night stay here and it was overrun with elites in the lounge, at least 31 as that is the only one we visited. The room was nice and the service was decent to me. This was my first stay here and I would likely return if I were to be back in Singapore.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Had a short 2 night stay here and it was overrun with elites in the lounge, at least 31 as that is the only one we visited. The room was nice and the service was decent to me. This was my first stay here and I would likely return if I were to be back in Singapore.
What room did you book vs upgrade?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
What room did you book vs upgrade?
Booked King Deluxe on points and was “upgraded” to 31st floor executive corner room.
JessicaTam and earlyriser like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:48 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Diamond Member. Booked a King Centennial Suite. And on our Honeymoon. No upgrade offered, as the "larger suites are under renovation" but I have been invited to have lunch or dinner, gratis, at Golden Peony.

The service has been fantastic since the start. The 31st Floor Club Lounge is not open to Diamonds, like has been explained previously, and only to those in Club Floor Rooms. LP Vintage 2007 is available from 11am through 8pm, but I have had no problems before or after those times - yes, I've tested. I've also been able to have LP at the Lobby Lounge on the ground floor just by asking the Guest Relations Executives. They have also brought champagne and wine to our room during the daytime on request - for free. Nothing has been a problem. Lounge has had ample food selections, and never been too busy either - they have extra rooms/space in the rear to accommodate an overflow.

Because of the distinction now between Club and Diamond members, I see no reason to continue being a Diamond member (i'm moving to Marriott/SPG permanently now), and will only book a Club room to avail the benefits if i return to SG Conrad.

Bravo.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by travelwithross
Diamond Member. Booked a King Centennial Suite. And on our Honeymoon. No upgrade offered, as the "larger suites are under renovation" but I have been invited to have lunch or dinner, gratis, at Golden Peony.

The service has been fantastic since the start. The 31st Floor Club Lounge is not open to Diamonds, like has been explained previously, and only to those in Club Floor Rooms. LP Vintage 2007 is available from 11am through 8pm, but I have had no problems before or after those times - yes, I've tested. I've also been able to have LP at the Lobby Lounge on the ground floor just by asking the Guest Relations Executives. They have also brought champagne and wine to our room during the daytime on request - for free. Nothing has been a problem. Lounge has had ample food selections, and never been too busy either - they have extra rooms/space in the rear to accommodate an overflow.

Because of the distinction now between Club and Diamond members, I see no reason to continue being a Diamond member (i'm moving to Marriott/SPG permanently now), and will only book a Club room to avail the benefits if i return to SG Conrad.

Bravo.
Centennial Suite doesn't count as "club room"?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:24 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I believe Any “Suite” room can access the club lounge.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
When he said he would only book a "club room" in future, I'm pretty sure he meant any room with access to the 31st floor club lounge, i.e., a club room or higher.

Actually, I wish they would offer the Centennial Suite without access for a lower rate.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA, SW, VA, Marriott, IHG, HH
Stayed at Conrad for two nights first weekend of August. Diamond member, standard room booking, no suite upgrade, only higher floor. 4th fl lounge still under reno, so we were able to use the 31st fl lounge. I don't think the lounge was too crowded, it was still fine. We enjoyed breakfast better at Oscar's than the exec lounge. Service is wonderful though!
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Stayed there this weekend. Upgraded to Executive level, used lounge on 31st floor. Wine and beer still available all day, you just have to ask for it. On check in, we were thanked for the number of times we have stayed at the hotel. On the second morning, we had a lovely sweet plate delivered to the room with a thank you, again mentioning the number of times we have stayed there. Very nice stay. Glad to see there has been no decline in service or facilities.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:20 am

Was that because the 4th floor was under renovation still, or is it done?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.