Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Old May 21, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Joroy70
So Its gonna be my first time there Conrad or Marina Bay Sands??? HH Gold
I'd say it depends. The first time I took my wife to Singapore I ended up regretting not booking a night at MBS. She was happy with our stay, but I could tell she was a little envious of the pool goers up above.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Pick both.

So Its gonna be my first time there Conrad or Marina Bay Sands??? HH Gold

Last edited by NotTellYou; May 22, 2018 at 5:02 am
Old May 22, 2018, 6:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
So even if I planned that to be my only trip there, not worth it? thanks

I went once to try it. I would go if just the once. We had city view room but if I went again I would get gardens view room and one with balcony. Splash out for club room. It was excellent pool nice to to try. Highlight was he very quiet hot tub in the fitness area changing roome. Hot tub with a view. Great gym and facilities.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Any recent experiences of Gold members staying in a cheap room - do you get breakfast at the lounge only or can you use Oscar's instead? I'm travelling to SG soon and I'm Diamond, but parents staying next door are just Gold.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:17 pm

Thanks guys booked MBS for a night, now 2nd question is the Oscar lounge really worth the 80 more per night to book the executive room?
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Thanks guys booked MBS for a night, now 2nd question is the Oscar lounge really worth the 80 more per night to book the executive room?
In my opinion no, just for Oscars, but it been reported that as a Gold booking an Exec Room, you would have access to the "Club Lounge" on the 31st floor. So if you like to indulge in cocktails with hors d'oeuvres with some real champagne during the Happy Hour, then yes.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Stayed in Conrad Singapore over the weekend as a Diamond. Booked an executive room, received an executive room. No upgrades given even though the Hilton app showed availability for suites. I did ask but the front desk said it was all 'sold out'

The lounge was quite empty during the tea time and happy hour. Champagne was served by the staff. Brought my 1 year old kid to the lounge and they are quite strict on children being present in the lounge. They did let us seat in the family rooms which was empty. Late check out proactively offered at 4pm.

Quite disappointed with the Executive room post-renovation. Not too impressed with it.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kt85
Stayed in Conrad Singapore over the weekend as a Diamond. Booked an executive room, received an executive room. No upgrades given even though the Hilton app showed availability for suites. I did ask but the front desk said it was all 'sold out'

The lounge was quite empty during the tea time and happy hour. Champagne was served by the staff. Brought my 1 year old kid to the lounge and they are quite strict on children being present in the lounge. They did let us seat in the family rooms which was empty. Late check out proactively offered at 4pm.

Quite disappointed with the Executive room post-renovation. Not too impressed with it.
Very disappointing to hear. Did you check the suite availability for the whole stay duration, or only for the check in day?
Old May 23, 2018, 7:32 am

​​​​​Were children allowed in the lounge (club) earlier in the day? I do appreciate the no children in the club lounge rule during evening cocktails..last summer when we booked a suite for a week as Diamond members we were relegated to a claustrophobic family room for more than half our evenings there, while numerous families with noisy children were spread throughout the full 31st floor lounge. There was an obvious need for change.

Last edited by sandylouwho; May 23, 2018 at 7:34 am Reason: Spelling
Old May 23, 2018, 11:41 am

We're staying at the Conrad for three nights on points and also booked one night at the MBS. It's pretty extravagant and silly. I thought about checking out and back in, but we're really just going for the pool. It would be too much of a hassle. We got a fairly cheap night at MBS -- about 400 SGD -- but still it's an absurd price to pay. But, I'm not sure we'll ever go back to Singapore and I'd be disappointed if we didn't do it. I remember once when we burned an entire day's worth of disneyworld tickets just to go into the magic kingdom to ride splash mountain a couple of times. It's kind of like that, but the way I figure it, the whole reason for collecting points and miles is to give myself experiences that I don't otherwise really get the chance to afford, and since I'm using points not cash for the duplicate night in the Conrad, what the heck.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold

not surprising. Happens to me very regularly. Even when I’ve booked an executive room as a diamond, FD will tell me they’ve upgraded me to and executive room. I’ll then show them the email of my original booking and they’ll sheepishly tell me there must be a mistake on their system.

Either that or I’ve booked the lowest room and at check in they’ll tell me I’ve been upgraded to an executive room with lounge access. To which I’ll ask “don’t I already get lounge access as diamond?” (Before the 2 lounge fiasco). Later on saw that they’ve assigned me the same room as before the “upgrade”. So to them a normal room is essentially the same as an executive room. It’s just the lounge access as the difference.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sandylouwho
​​​​​Were children allowed in the lounge (club) earlier in the day? I do appreciate the no children in the club lounge rule during evening cocktails..last summer when we booked a suite for a week as Diamond members we were relegated to a claustrophobic family room for more than half our evenings there, while numerous families with noisy children were spread throughout the full 31st floor lounge. There was an obvious need for change.
Children were allowed for the teatime too. But when I was leaving with main dining area, they mentioned to us that we should seat at the family room instead.

In the Welcome letter, it did say that children are "Recommended" not to be in the 31st floor, and it doesn't say "Prohibited". So I think as long as your kids are seated at the family room, it is fine.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
I have stayed here once or twice a year for the past seven or eight years. I've been an HH Diamond for most or all of that time and have never had a suite upgrade -- possibly because I have never asked for one -- but always get a nice corner room on a high floor with the little square window that has a view of the ferris wheel. This time I checked in at the front desk, spent a few minutes in my room, then went to the 31st floor where I was told about the "new concept" of a 31st floor lounge for people who've paid for it and a 4th floor lounge for people like me. I was taken aback (I guess I should have consulted this thread prior to my arrival) and said in a reasonably nice way that the wonderful top-floor lounge had always been one of my main reasons for staying at the Conrad Centennial and that the "new concept" was a dramatic downgrade. The 31st floor assistant manager, who recognized me from previous stays, said that on this occasion they would let me use the 31st floor but on future stays I could do so only by paying for an executive room. I must admit that the new policy seems to have solved the overcrowding problem the lounge used to have, and that the Laurent-Perrier was very nice. And now that every Amex Aspire card member is an automatic HH Diamond, things like this were bound to start happening. Still, when you subtract the lounge there are at least a dozen hotels in Singapore that are nicer than the Conrad and no more expensive -- and, as others have noted, using the 4th-floor lounge after so many times at the one on the 31st floor will make me feel downgraded and disrespected. So, unless they continue to make an exception for Diamonds who are long-time frequent visitors, this stay may turn out to have been my last.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:29 am

I'm staying here now and a Diamond Member. I originally booked a "Premium King" which includes a $20 per day laundry credit. I arrived to the hotel at 1am after a long flight and was happy to be told that I was upgraded to an executive room on the 28th floor. Contrary to other posts, when you are upgraded to an executive room, you do receive access to the 31st floor lounge. The check in went smoothly and the upgrade was appreciated BUT since I was "upgraded" I lost my laundry credit that was included with the Premium King room. It is crazy to think that you would lose amenities when being upgraded but in this case, you do. After complaining to the front desk, they eventually gave me the $20 credit, which shows that this hotel cares for their guests but I hope they fix upgrade glitch in the future. Aside from that the stay has been perfect! Great location and great service. The 31st floor lounge is small but quiet. Aside from the ambiance, there is not too much difference from the 4th floor lounge. Either are great options.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:05 am

Actually the beverages are definitely different- no champagne in the 4th floor lounge. Not checked out the food there yet as I prefer the 31st.

I'm here now too. Taking advantage of the heat to hit the pool.

So far the only people I've seen say the 4th floor is fine are those who have access to the 31st or haven't been here before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.