Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by thealphalion
So if club rooms are not available and the only way to get 31F lounge is to book club room, does that mean you were the only person in the 31F lounge?
Haha :P . I think the point is that they haven't got their facts straight across the board. You basically need to book exec room to get in currently, and if only upgraded to exec you still don't get in, until the new room level is available, if ever. It's pure face-saving incompetence (which is pretty common around SEA unfortunately).
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
<rant mode on>
This is exactly the issue that gets me across the Hilton loyalty program.
Individual hotels gaming the system, limiting benefits for elites. Not giving upgrades, creating separate lounges with a limited offering and getting away with it.

Hilton corporate seems to be quiet....
<rant mode off>

Globalist
hugolover and Cynicor like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hi All,

I'm travelling with wife and 7 year old daughter. We are going to book 1 room at this hotel. Will be a Gold HH member and will book basic room which is the deluxe. Should I go for 1 King or 2 twin beds and join these together? The twin beds are 48" wide single beds according to conrad's SIN website. So if I join it together will be 96" wide. Will this provide more space or 1 king?

What do you guys do in this situation ?

Thanks,
K.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:51 am

Conrad SIN bed question

Hi All,

I'm travelling with wife and 7 year old daughter. We are going to book 1 room at this hotel. Will be a Gold HH member and will book basic room which is the deluxe. Should I go for 1 King or 2 twin beds and join these together? The twin beds are 48" wide single beds according to conrad's SIN website. So if I join it together will be 96" wide. Will this provide more space or 1 king?

Thanks,
K.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
They have roll aways, too. I think I'd go with a king and a roll away for the kid.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by k3nnis
Hi All,

Thanks,
K.
They have roll aways. So, I'd go with a king and a roll away. It's a bit crowded, but do able. (They put a roll away in our room by mistake on my last stay last year.)
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:01 pm

I have a bad habit of making sequential reservations at this hotel. (I may not be sure how long I'm going to be there, so I might make 3 sequential one night reservations.) I've never had a problem staying in the same room. I just let them know at check in and it works. I might have to have my key changed but I bet I've done this for 10 stays and never had an issue.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:11 pm

Thanks. My wife doesn’t want to pay $80/night for 8 nights for the rollaway
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I tend to have to do that at most Hiltons. For some reason, if I book for 3 days they give me a price that is way higher than each night individually. Marriott and SPG are able to give me the correct rate for the 3 nights that accounts for some nights being cheaper, some nights being higher. Hilton only gives me the 3 nights at the highest rate. I never have a problem staying in the same room but it complicates things when they give me an upgrade for the first night. After I let them know I'm there for 3 nights, they give me the upgrade for the 3 nights but they act like they are not so happy about it.....
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:50 pm

When you guys make this type of booking do you book on the phone or online?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
I stayed in basic room with 2 twin beds joined together. Their twin bed was large, feel more like a standard double. In a normal sleeping circumstance, it would fit all 3 of you, unless you guys want to do snow angel in bed all at the same time...(I tried that and us 2 could do it with plenty of space...)

Problem with 2 twin beds joined together that I found is that they did not put on the top mattress, so there would be gap between the beds.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Juntima
I stayed in basic room with 2 twin beds joined together. Their twin bed was large, feel more like a standard double. In a normal sleeping circumstance, it would fit all 3 of you, unless you guys want to do snow angel in bed all at the same time...(I tried that and us 2 could do it with plenty of space...)

Problem with 2 twin beds joined together that I found is that they did not put on the top mattress, so there would be gap between the beds.
ok thanks. So if you would do it all over again, would you go a king bed instead?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum

ok thanks. So if you would do it all over again, would you go a king bed instead?
I would choose king bed purely because of the gap. I did fall in between bed quite a few times...

You best ask the hotel for the size of their king bed versus 2 twins for best decision
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:36 am

I would choose king bed purely because of the gap. I did fall in between bed quite a few times...

You best ask the hotel for the size of their king bed versus 2 twins for best decision
ok thanks. You really fell in between the gap? when you join the 2 twin beds is there like a 10cm gap or something ?

i will check with hotel the king size width.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

ok thanks. You really fell in between the gap? when you join the 2 twin beds is there like a 10cm gap or something ?

i will check with hotel the king size width.
I could attach a picture of the twin beds from when I stayed in December 2017, but I am too new to be allowed to post a picture
Basically, it was just 2 beds pushed next to one another, so there's gap that you could kind of sliding down and got trapped between the gap... like I did

Come to think of it, maybe I did not ask them to join the beds and so they did not put the top mattress on. Maybe ask the hotel if they provide the top mattress for you to make it seamless as a big one bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.