Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:31 pm

I'll go a step further and say I accept his/her view AND completely agree with the issues AND will probably move some stays once my prepaids are all done. But I just done think the hotel regards diamonds as valuable no matter what, and that they are in compliance enough that nothing will come of complaining.
i'll report back tonight on what it's all like btw.
gummibar likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:32 pm

Seeing and hearing children playing in the pool out the window at the new executive lounge on the 4th floor sounds like a major downgrade from the exclusive, scenic, relaxing lounge on the 31st floor...not the welcome to Lifetime Diamond we were hoping for
ashkale likes this.

Last edited by sandylouwho; Mar 29, 2018 at 6:45 pm Reason: Additional comment
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All this based on teh comment of one employee, who for all you know made a mistake or just did not understand what he/she had been told?!?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:03 am

Nope, it's confirmed and accurate. I have it in writing, and it applies as of now.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
This is not that surprising a change. Lounges at some properties where getting way overcrowded, with people sometimes having to wait 30 min to get in. This may be aggravating to those with comped access, but it borders on fraudulent for those actually paying for the lounge.
Why on earth do people wait to get into a lounge!!!? The world's gone mad!
Cynicor likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:14 am

Haha! So true. The lounge doesn't mean tonnes to me normally, but I dislike what it means for the property, and that for one upcoming stay with my partner I had gone out of my way to see how the renos etc would affect me before booking. Very annoying.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
If this trend continues towards a split between (paid) Club Lounge and (comped) Loyalty Lounge then it's only a matter of time before the Loyalty Lounge gets moved to the basement.

"Yes, sir, the Loyalty Lounge is indeed on Level Minus 3 but that makes it very convenient for accessing the fitness centre and the laundry room."
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by sandylouwho
Seeing and hearing children playing in the pool out the window at the new executive lounge on the 4th floor sounds like a major downgrade from the exclusive, scenic, relaxing lounge on the 31st floor...not the welcome to Lifetime Diamond we were hoping for
Exclusive - are you kidding me? Anyone could (maybe still can) buy access to the lounge. The wines and food are decidedly low rent since some folks just have to get their money's worth for buying into the club - why put out the good stuff for diamonds who book base rooms and the occasional kettle who thinks he can eat and drink $50 worth each night??

My last visit was anything but relaxing - throngs of people resulting in us sharing a conference room with two parents and a kid who smeared his food all over the table and windows.

Stick the status maximizers and those who buy access in the 4th floor lounge, and leave the 31st lounge for those who are paying premium rent for their room @:-)
OsakaWino likes this.

Last edited by work2fly; Mar 30, 2018 at 4:37 pm
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
Exclusive - are you kidding me? Anyone could (maybe still can) buy access to the lounge. The wines and food are decidedly low rent since some folks just have to get their money's worth for buying into the club - why put out the good stuff for diamonds who book base rooms and the occasional kettle who thinks he can eat and drink $50 worth each night??

My last visit was anything but relaxing - throngs of people resulting in us sharing a conference room with two parents and a kid who smeared his food all over the table and windows.

Stick the status maximizers and those who buy access in the 4th floor lounge, and leave the 31st lounge for those who are paying premium rent for their room @:-)

When we're seated in a conference room, we have a very short lounge visit because of noisy children nearby. I expect the new 4th floor lounge to be a similar experience as seated in those rooms.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:40 pm

I'm not sure. It will depend on whether the people with kids are mainly diamond, mainly paid exec or a mix.
My thoughts are that diamonds, and esp at this hotel, are mainly people on business so they won't have kids in tow.
We will see. My parents (currently staying there) report the 31st is slightly better than before and the 4th floor they do not like. They will remain in the 31st for this trip.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:04 pm

If the Hilton policy is to admit the member + one other registered guest, how do 2 parents + one or more kids even get entry into the lounge? Surely the lounge dragons can see that the kids are not well behaved and are a nuisance? So why not eject them so that others can enjoy their time at the lounge?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by puchong
Surely the lounge dragons can see that the kids are not well behaved and are a nuisance? So why not eject them so that others can enjoy their time at the lounge?
That's a rhetorical question, right?

Because families with children get in. That's just the reality. Pretty much everywhere.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If true this is really stupid, because..............

1) The Conrad Singapore is not that a great a hotel and is not in that great a location. It is middle of the pack at best in Singapore, there are many many better hotels available.

2) No one has ever dreamed of staying next to beautiful Suntec city, even those who have business there.

3) I would have to believe that many who stay there do so solely because of Hilton loyalty, way to reward that guys! That being said, I do wonder if there might be a local element to this, something that we are not considering........
ashkale and Kacee like this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:54 am

Am I getting this right -- Diamonds and/or Golds who do not book Exec Rooms will get access to the 4th Fl Lounge and guests who pay for Exec Rooms will get "Club" access.

Cynicor - did your parents book Exec Room?

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I'm not sure. It will depend on whether the people with kids are mainly diamond, mainly paid exec or a mix.
My thoughts are that diamonds, and esp at this hotel, are mainly people on business so they won't have kids in tow.
We will see. My parents (currently staying there) report the 31st is slightly better than before and the 4th floor they do not like. They will remain in the 31st for this trip.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:36 am

My parents have access to 31st due to discussions with management. From next stay onward they are relegated to the 4th.
Hfly, it is true. There is no question here.
And yep, broadwayboy, what you have written is correct except that there is no reason golds will get access to either unless they book a room that upgrades to exec, I assume.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.