Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Mrs PtF and I are currently staying here. In the first three hours after check-in this afternoon we have visited not one but TWO Executive Lounges! Having visited the 4th floor lounge after check-in for some afternoon tea we stumbled across a temporary lounge set up in room/suite 3001 as we were heading out for dinner (fish head curry) this evening - so it seemed silly to waste the opportunity and not have pre-dinner gin and tonics with a view!

We wouldn’t have known about the extra lounge if we hadn’t been staying on the 30th floor ourselves, nobody mentioned it’s existence to us. Unfortunately today is apparently the last day for this lounge - the explanation we received was that it was set up as a temporary overflow lounge for the Singapore Air Show.

Nice!!! Hopefully the real EL will be up & running soonish.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
About the JW Marriott. The rooms are much smaller than the Conrad's. I stayed as a Marriott Gold and had lounge access. The offerings were good at breakfast, tea and cocktails.Unfortunately, unlike the Conrad, I couldn't have breakfast at the restaurant (well I could but I think it was something like 27 Singapore dollars each). I like the location of the Conrad better. It has closer access (I think) to the Esplanade that often has interesting things going on at night. I frankly would not pay for lounge access at the Conrad. Last time I was there, the offerings were sparse and blah. Breakfast at Oscar's is terrific. Both have good access to the MRT.

I walk around at night, but I find it too hot and humid to walk very far in the day time. I will walk to Marina Bay Sands from the Conrad in the evening, but I take the MRT to the Gardens in the day time.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:07 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Nice!!! Hopefully the real EL will be up & running soonish.

Afraid not, just arrived. Chap on exec lounge said Q2, maybe, seems to keep falling behind. Sounds like will have new decor and a buffet area with hot lamps......
Cynicor likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by gav0106
Afraid not, just arrived. Chap on exec lounge said Q2, maybe, seems to keep falling behind. Sounds like will have new decor and a buffet area with hot lamps......
Appreciate the update anyway, Gav. Cheers.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
according to this tripadvisor
review from yesterday, the lounge on 30 has reopened.
kirkwoodj and Cynicor like this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dicfoure
according to this tripadvisor
review from yesterday, the lounge on 30 has reopened.
That's great as I will be there in a couple of weeks time.
But.... is the actual lounge not on level 31?
This sounds more like a temporary converted lounge/suite (3001) mentioned by @Phil the Flyer to accommodate overflows
The Trip Advisor reviewer did mention Level 30 and it was a stay over the Lunar New Year (high guest volume)..

The Executive Lounge offers a vantage point from Level 31 - the highest floor of Conrad Centennial Singapore, overlooking the fountain of wealth, city or Marina Bay and providing an exclusive retreat for Executive Floor and Suite guests.
Initially we used the "temporary" lounge next to the hotel pool on 4th floor but later in our stay the newly refurbished lounge on 30th floor was re-opened giving more space and wonderful views across the city.
At the hotel page and booking page, the following still shows.
The Executive Lounge is temporarily relocated to level 4. A newly rejuvenated lounge will be revealed in the second quarter of 2018.
I think I will still be stuck at the Level 4 Lounge.
It is not all bad though.
I can swim with kids while my wife enjoys her coffee.
Dicfoure likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold

The 4th Floor Executive Lounge is completely full. Joyce at the EL offered me to enjoy some drinks and snacks at the Lobby Lounge instead right now.

Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HKGEDI

The 4th Floor Executive Lounge is completely full. Joyce at the EL offered me to enjoy some drinks and snacks at the Lobby Lounge instead right now.

how Long did it take for the food to to be served? Was sent to the lobby lounge once when the EL was full. Food took 45min to be served.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
https://imgur.com/a/qFb23
Originally Posted by RCTP

how Long did it take for the food to to be served? Was sent to the lobby lounge once when the EL was full. Food took 45min to be served.
The lobby lounge served us very fast and efficient. We waited for only 10-15 mins or less.

Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thx for all the updates. Do keep us posted on the EL. HL.com just states "2nd quarter of 2018." The sooner, the better.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by PayItForward
That's great as I will be there in a couple of weeks time.
But.... is the actual lounge not on level 31?
This sounds more like a temporary converted lounge/suite (3001) mentioned by @Phil the Flyer to accommodate overflows
The Trip Advisor reviewer did mention Level 30 and it was a stay over the Lunar New Year (high guest volume)..
Great catch!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Executive Lounge on 31st floor re-opened this evening

The Exec Lounge on the 31st floor has now re-opened after extensive renovation and redecoration. It is no bigger than it was before, but is very luxurious. Going forward it appears that only guests who have paid for exec rooms will be able to use the 31st floor lounge, giving them a more exclusive lounge experience.
Diamonds will have a separate Exec Lounge on the 4th floor. What was the temporary lounge on the 4th (while the one on the 31st was closed) will be renovated for this purpose. This should address the previous problem of overcrowding.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:32 am

Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
The Exec Lounge on the 31st floor has now re-opened after extensive renovation and redecoration. It is no bigger than it was before, but is very luxurious. Going forward it appears that only guests who have paid for exec rooms will be able to use the 31st floor lounge, giving them a more exclusive lounge experience.
Diamonds will have a separate Exec Lounge on the 4th floor. What was the temporary lounge on the 4th (while the one on the 31st was closed) will be renovated for this purpose. This should address the previous problem of overcrowding.
Was it stated explicitly that the 31st floor lounge are for exec rooms only? I'm a little cheesed off by this double standard...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by gummibar
Was it stated explicitly that the 31st floor lounge are for exec rooms only? I'm a little cheesed off by this double standard...
That is what I was told. I also learned that there will be a new room category to which Diamonds will be upgraded, that keeps them separate from the Exec Rooms that have access to the 31st floor lounge. It appears they are still working that part out. Someone was already complaining to management as we left the lounge about a double layer system or something to that effect. I was dying to hang around and listen but couldnt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.